All member reviews for Scream

Teen, 14 years old Written byjmax627 April 30, 2011

Good for older teens, if they like horror films.

It was good, but it was totally not age appropriate.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2011

great movie, good for teens and mature tweens

I thought this was an awesome movie. there was a lot of stabbing (killer uses a knife for a weapon). lots of suspense. graphics where pretty good. there was a lot of alcohol and language. as for sex I didn't think it was that big of a deal if you are mature enough. this movie has a good plot with crazy twists. good for teens and mature tweens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 21, 2011

One of the best Wes Craven films out there.

My MPAA Rating, R: Graphic bloody horror violence, strong language, sexual content, terror, and teen drinking and partying
Teen, 14 years old Written byT-Rod May 22, 2010

Classic Craven at his best!!

This movie is brilliant. Parents must know that even though this is very clever when it comes to parodying classic horror cliches and making u laugh, it is just as gory and profanity-filled as the worst Horror films has to offer. It has the most gruesome deaths in the entire seris, not including SCREM , which I haven' seen as of yet. But if you're up to par, then this is one of the greatest the genre has to offer. pOSITIVE rOLE mODELS: Sydney Prescott, though not the greatest role model in the world, is outSTANDING compared to most people in horror movies. She is brave, level-headed, and actually not a sexually active character(even though most in the movie and even her friends are), and isn't in any hurry to lose her virginity, even at her age. Also, the sheriff Dewey, though a bit bumbling at times, isn't as worthless as he seems, and cares about Gail, even if she is a selfish, self-centered wench. Also, Gail may be self-centered and is willing to do anything to get a story, in the end, she sees the error of her ways.....somewhat. Most of the other characters are just gory deaths waiting to happen. vORACIOUS vIOLENCE: Many gory stabbings, guttings, shootings, throwing glass bottles, kicking, punching, mutilating, and more. The worst of the deaths being a teen getting their spine snapped in half in a garage door. nYEH nONSENSE (oR sEXUAL sTUFF): Surprisingly not much for a horror film. Especially one almost rated NC-17. There's no nudity whatsoever, and nothing explicit or anything that should make one blush when watching with family(if you're crazy enough to actually watch it with them). But there is some talk of sex and other such activities, though none very explicit. Losing your virginity is a big topic here. oBSCENITIES aND oBSCENE pROFANITIES: Many uses of the F & S words. Along with other uses of lesser curses. dRUG dANGERS: Many teens drink alcohol at a party. aLL-iN-aLL: This is one of my all time favorites in this genre. It is clever and smart, while still being suspenseful and fun. If you're a hardcore fan of the horror genre, then this one is HIGHLY recommended!!!!
Kid, 9 years old March 15, 2011

cuss cuss

this movie says to many cussing. It has suspense.you will guess till it is over.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake May 20, 2011

Good for teens and mature tweens

It was a pretty good movie with a lot of swearing, blood and gore.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... March 19, 2011

Great movie...has some cool twists
Teen, 15 years old Written bynickbozz May 29, 2010

goory but good movie sceam

girl gets killed by a garage door
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie_fanatic_411 April 9, 2008

Scream

This is one of my favorite movies. The story is amazing and the acting is good. The ending is one of the best twists i have ever seen. This movie is for people 15+ who can withstand a horror movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlockBlock March 29, 2015

A Collection of Tropes

The film takes everything cheesy about the horror/thriller genre, compacts it, makes fun of it and releases it to the public. There are some suspenseful or gory moments, but there's not really any originality in the plot or the scares. Not amazing, but it provides a few decent frights. Should be avoided by families with younger children, as there's a considerable amount of blood and moments that younger viewers may find scary.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySir Darry Koenig March 16, 2015

Scream is

Scream is Rated-R and it definitely deserves it. It is a great movie though that you can watch in different point of views (watching it as a scary movie (because it is occasionally scary and very suspenseful), watching it as a funny movie (if you get some of the pop culture gags and horror movie jokes), and watching it critically). Although Scream is a great horror movie, it is better for older teens and adults to watch. It has some graphic kills that might not be suitable for people with a very weak stomach (my friend couldn't watch it after the first kill). It also has to deal with staying home alone and there being a killer in the loose, so it wouldn't be appropriate to show it to a child who stays home alone. It also has some extreme language at times when the stalker is calling and tormenting the potential victims (e.g., "shut up you little b-tch, or i'll cut you like a fish!"). It has some sexual references ("a virgin never dies in horror movies") and a sex scene, but the sexual content in this is not graphic or extreme. Another reason that it is only appropriate for older teens is that it has some teen drinking and partying. If your tween child wants to see this, it's better to make them watch other less violent suspense movies. If your teenage child wants to see this movie, they have to understand the consequences of drinking underage and that usually extreme partying is somewhat unrealistic. They should also be warned that the killing in this movie might be extreme to some and that tormenting someone through the phone is not appropriate and the police could track you. But Scream is a great and suspenseful horror movie and my favorite movie. It's a classic and great for horror movie lovers who have seen the earlier slasher flicks.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

Gory slasher comedy, not suitable for most kids

The film is very violent, a lot of blood during killings, however only around 8 people die. Film has a casual attitude to murder through out. Some references to horror movie stereotypes like the virgin dying last or not at all, some teenagers talk about women the find attractive. Billy and Sydney (two main characters) have strongly implied sex. Around 30 F bombs, pretty tame there. Some underage drinking happens. All around should be OK for 11-12+
Teen, 15 years old Written bydoctor11 January 7, 2015

a good starting horror movie.

I'm 15 and I don't find this movie very scary. Yeah its pretty gory but it wasn't scary but that's because I'm used to horror movies. I would also like to add that while I was very surprised when I found out this movies was almost made NC17 I DO NOT think 10 year olds should watch this! I don't know what these other people are saying. If I had a 10 year old child I would NOT let them watch this. Sex is kind of a big topic in this movie and the main character eventually makes a mistake and loses her virginity to the wrong person. There is a good amount of swearing and they do say f*** a lot. There is a party with plent of drinking and later there is a blood bath. Since this isn't very scary I'd say this is a goof movie tor start someone out with the horror genre.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrave day November 3, 2014

Scream

Sex 4/10 Violence 8/10 Language 6/10
Kid, 9 years old October 27, 2014

My first slasher movie

It pisses me off when people say this is the cause of domestic violence. Because you would have to ask all of the criminals who have killed innocent people. But on the good side this movie is great for a slasher movie. It has a plot and it is great and leaves you thinking who could be the killer. (ps the first scene is the scariest!)
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2014

I LOVE IT

AWESOME
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 30, 2014

Enjoyed it

Scream is a really great film for older teens. It is a good story with some and scary moments. People may think oh great another steorotyped slasher film, but this one is different. It actually tells a decent story behind all the violence. Parents shoudl realize that this film is not for kids, and almost got a Nc-17 rating for violence. While watching it, I didn't think that it should be rated Nc-17, but thats just me. It is pretty violent though, characters get stabbed with bloody results, a pool of blood is seen on the ground, a character gets electricuted with a television set, 2 characters stab each other to make themselves look wounded, a character's neck gets snapped by a garage and again, just a ton of blood in many scenes. 1 sex scene,you see a character's bra, and its clear that teens see a woman's breasts in a horror movie, although nothing is shown. A violent kissing scene and a little sexual talk as well. Not much to say about drugs, one person says you can't drink for ways to survive a horror movie. Very bad language in this movie, several f-bombs etc. For scariness, it is pretty scary. It creates suspense as you know Ghostface is going to appear, you just do not know when. Overall a movie for late teens that is probably aimed at teens. Neve Campbell is really hot as Sideny, and the acting is good so let older teens watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylimabeanzrule July 28, 2014

Pretty good

The opening scene is my favorite part, but I still did like the rest of it. PS its hilarious.
Teen, 13 years old Written by2jayz July 18, 2014

Best horror movie

This is the best, funniest horror movie I've seen. Some parts are hysterical and other parts can be gory. There are disturbing, bloody, violent images in this movie. There is one sex scene and many sexual references and swear words. Best horror movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 10, 2014

one of the greatest horror movies in history

Scream is one of the greatest horror movies of all time. There is a lot of cussing in this movie and there are several brutal murders including a couple sexual scenes. This movie almost received an NC-17 rating in 1996 so that would be a solid R rating these days. This could be a very scary film for younger children.