Graphic mystery-homage to teen-slasher movies.

Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 30, 2014

Enjoyed it

Scream is a really great film for older teens. It is a good story with some and scary moments. People may think oh great another steorotyped slasher film, but this one is different. It actually tells a decent story behind all the violence. Parents shoudl realize that this film is not for kids, and almost got a Nc-17 rating for violence. While watching it, I didn't think that it should be rated Nc-17, but thats just me. It is pretty violent though, characters get stabbed with bloody results, a pool of blood is seen on the ground, a character gets electricuted with a television set, 2 characters stab each other to make themselves look wounded, a character's neck gets snapped by a garage and again, just a ton of blood in many scenes. 1 sex scene,you see a character's bra, and its clear that teens see a woman's breasts in a horror movie, although nothing is shown. A violent kissing scene and a little sexual talk as well. Not much to say about drugs, one person says you can't drink for ways to survive a horror movie. Very bad language in this movie, several f-bombs etc. For scariness, it is pretty scary. It creates suspense as you know Ghostface is going to appear, you just do not know when. Overall a movie for late teens that is probably aimed at teens. Neve Campbell is really hot as Sideny, and the acting is good so let older teens watch.
Adult Written bycritic sense November 4, 2012

Recommended Rating: 16+ for graphic bloody violence, frightening scenes and language

This horror film has some graphic, bloody scenes of people getting stabbed by knives. Some of these scenes are prolonged and are unexpected. There are many jump scares, and the violent scenes have an intense atmosphere. This film may be too frightening and graphic for younger viewers. The main antagonist wears a costume and goes around stalking people. His appearance is unexpected and the murders that he does are explicit and may be too disturbing for some. There is frequent strong language, including almost two dozen F-words, and mild sexual references.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 12, 2011

So-so horror flick isn't too violent for younger kids.

Not even as violent as you describe it .This is the 3rd best Scream in the series.I saw the unrated and uncut version with tons more blood and I don't even think its gory seriously maps is crazy to put this nc17.
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2011

My MPAA raing and Scream review

My MPAA rating: R for strong bloody vilonce,gore,language,teen drinking and some scary images. My review: this movie was my first horror movie I loved it it is my favorite horror movie of all time. I reccommended children from 9 up to watch this movie. buy it on blu-ray or DVD
Teen, 13 years old Written bywatch October 4, 2011

got to see with kids and not scary but the scream guts people like a fish

i saw this when i was 8 years old
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2011

@coolj123

learn to spell, not scary, and it's ghostface (or father death if you want to get precise) not scream. By the way, possibly the best horror I have ever seen (Tied with Halloween), Wes cravens best. Casey's Death was the only creepy on and Tatum's was the only gruesome one (The review says her neck is broken by a garage door, not true. Her head get gets crushed and pops like a balloon(No blood).) 12 and up with parent, 14 up without.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygeorgia. August 1, 2011

mature 13+.

AMAZING. don't really know why it's an 18 though.
Parent of a 11, 14, and 15 year old Written bycashed12 July 23, 2010

Someone Is The Taking The Love of Horror Movies One Step Too Far!--A iffy choice for 17 year olds

Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2016

Really Enjoyed It

Scream is my favourite movie at the moment, I wouldnt classify it as horror that much, its more of a bloody, intense thriller.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBelleboo June 28, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written bygregguy May 28, 2016

Classic horror movie isn't scary, but is very violent

This movie is not that scary anymore, but it is still very violent. Several people are stabbed to death, a few people are shot, and one woman crashes her car into a tree. And the stabbings have a lot of blood. There is also a lot of language (F*ck, Sh*t, ass, damn, d*ck, etc.) There are also some sexual references and in one scene two teenagers have sex (but no parts are shown). The movie was very well written and unlike most horror movies, isn't full of dumb twists and cliches.
Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2016

Great and highly entertaining but extremely violent thriller is brilliant.

This horror thriller is about a young woman named Sidney Prescott, she is a collage student, and about a year ago, her mother was brutally killed and murdered. Suddenly, on a cold night, a collage student is hanged and gutted. She soon realizes that she, her friends, and others are being stalked by murderers. She needs her boyfriends, and her friends protection to stay alive, after she becomes the main target. Who will survive? Is the murderer the same murderer that killed her mother? Will she defeat the murderer in the end? Violence 5/5: Gory and graphic horror violence throughout. A young woman is brutally stabbed and tortured, then hanged. A woman is decapitated by a garage door. A man is graphically murdered by having his throat slit. A character is shot in the head brutally. Many characters are bashed and killed with blunt objects. Multiple characters die in an extremely bloody way by being stabbed. Tons of suspense and intense break in's. Many teen girls are murdered. Many disturbing and frightening images throughout. The movie is horrifying, and filled with dread. Sidney's mother is brutally raped and murdered off screen. Sexual content and nudity 4/5: A woman and a man start to have sex on a bed, he is shown thrusting into her but they're not in the act yet, he starts to pull up her dress. A woman shows her naked breasts to a man by removing her bra. A scene shows a couple having sex and thrusting, with lots of skin, but it's mostly implied. Crass sexual references and conversations throughout. Graphic images show couples having sex. Language 4/5: Frequent, strong language throughout includes f--k, s--t, d--k, p---y, b---h, c--t, c--k, w---e, d--ksucker, c--ksucker, homo, and much more. Drugs and drinking 4/5: Many sequences show under age, collage students doing drugs, popping pills, and chugging bear. Characters get drunk frequently. This movie is entertaining, and brilliant, but too much for even older teens. My rating:R for bloody disturbing horror content, frightening images, language throughout, drug use, and some sexuality/nudity- some involving teens.
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2016

A good horror movie for older kids

The blood and violence in this film are pretty high. It is a good film, with a good plot and a good, old antagonist obsessed with horror movies. But this film might leave timid children scarred for life with some of the gruesome murders in this film. I think that children of 13 years and up should be able to watch this film but younger kids may not be able to handle the sinister games of Ghostface!
Adult Written byurmomantha March 17, 2016

My favorite favorite movie

The original Scream is by far my favorite movie of all time. It's gory, it's dramatic, and it's pretty funny. As long as you're old enough and don't take it too seriously - you'll be fine.
Kid, 6 years old February 3, 2016

Violent with language

I watched scream a while ago and it was INNAPROPRIATE! But very good. They had lots of f- bombs, bad words, violence, tons of blood, and teens drinking. Great movie, but very iffy
Teen, 13 years old Written byAndrewMc January 21, 2016
Teen, 15 years old Written bycola January 9, 2016
This was my first official horror movie. Its pretty good. The first scene where the girl is on the phone is pretty creepy. I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie. I really liked it though.It is a good first horror movie because its not really that scary just really thrilling and violent. Another good first horror movie would be sleepy hollow because its pretty creepy but not terrifying.
Adult Written byScaryLegoAdventure August 31, 2015

Very Bloody Violent Only For Teenagers

Scream is one of My favorite series i saw this movie when i was 8 i love it But this movie Is Very Intense and bloody Gore if had kids won't let them see this young even thought i did there really is no good moral many people die and main girl who is stalker by killer ghostface mother is Rape which don't see on screen there is some funny scenes there many hints of sexual scenes throughout whole movie some of death scenes can Disturbing sad so it not movie For Sensitive People there drugs and Drinking
Teen, 13 years old Written byHipponugget July 16, 2015

Really depends on the kid. I have been watching horror movies for a very long time, know a lot about movie magic, and want to write movies professionally.

Amazing. I love murder mysteries. Great movie, very impressive writing. Yes, they say bad words, but your kids live in the 21st century. They know what these words mean. Hearing them again will not scar them for life. The violence is not bad if your child is smart enough. I know how this all works. Show your kids makings of movies on YouTube and explain how it is produced if they're scared. Don't raise a wimp. Sexwise it doesn't show anything. If they know how babies are made its fine, they just imply they are having sex. Nothing to be afraid of. I do not see this as a horror movie, but a MYSTERY film. Great role models such as Sidney, who is very smart, and Dewey, who
Teen, 13 years old Written bymikethespike451 July 14, 2015

A little disappointing...

I found this movie disappointing even though it was very very intense. Although I found some parts of this film enjoyable and good, especially the first scene! I didn't know that this film was trying to make fun of other slasher movies until I saw the actual movie! I was excited to see this movie and my favorite slasher killer costume is Ghostface but Scream was very disappointing. The movie could have been better, it wasn't that good but it wasn't good or bad! Also, I don't even know why others are saying this is extremely gory! One of the reasons I found this movie disappointing was because of the violence! I expected a lot more violence! Still violent but not that violent. Scream: The TV Series is better then this film. This movie is not that scary!