All member reviews for Scream

Graphic mystery-homage to teen-slasher movies.

Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2013

Great movie

Great horror/mystery movie it keeps you guessing who the killer is but there are some elements that may be too intense for younger viewers in the beginning ghost face guts a teens exposing organs and insides and ghost face is very sadistic and very threatening and the movie contains bloody and gory violence which may disturb and upset some viewers and it is talked about throughout that the main character Cindy her mom was raped and brutally murdered but offscreen sex is mild there are several scenes where Cindy and her boyfriend kiss on the bed very passionately and one scene they get naked but nothing is shown and sex is talked about some a language is used a lot like the f word and the s word too but like every other horror movie
Kid, 9 years old June 8, 2013

GOOD MOVIE

Kinda bad wait till age ten hope this rubbish review helped Goodbye
Teen, 13 years old Written bykittens197 May 30, 2013

for children aged 14 and upwards

its a good movie to watch but i think that age 14 and up is reasonable becasue they know what to take seriously and what to not so they can make decisions. and the movie is very violent and there is alot of blood and some innapropiate language but children aged 14 and up, i think, would be able to manage it sensibly.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag February 21, 2013

Great dialogues and superb athmosphere, but also graphic violence. Only mature teens and up!

"Scream" is a horror satire by Wes Craven in 1996. -------------------------------------- Back in the 1990s, when "Scream" was released, horror movies - especially those involving a serial killer, were almost absent. But,similar to what "Halloween" did in 1978, "Scream" managed to bring this genre back to screen. But while its many ripoffs were mostly bad and unimaginative, "Scream" is the work of a genius. At the beginning, there is a scene involving a nowadays infamous phone call ("Do you like scary movies?"), which is one of the most shocking and suspenseful scenes in movie history. But then, after the first two killings, the movie totally goes another way. Now, the serious horror tone turns into a more light-hearted, but still tense tongue-in-cheek horror flick, and the longer it goes, the more satirical it gets. There are great and witty, Tarantino-like dialogues (including an especially funny scene where a couple discribes its relationship using MPAA ratings) and much parodistic scenes. In one scene, a clerk explains three important rules to follow if you want to survive a horror movie. Also, one of the main topics is if media can make people violent or mentally sick. Still, there is enough time to introduce characters including their back story, including the quick-witted reporter Gail Weathers, the rather naive policeman Dewey and the main character, Sidney Prescott, one of the movie world's most memorable female lead characters (along with Sarah Connor [The Terminator] and Ellen Ripley [Alien]). So, it works as a horror movie, a horror satire, a media satire and also a whodunnit. "Scream" is a great movie for film fans, especially those who are interested in horror movies. --------------------------------- (SPOILERS may follow:) Apart from the usual slasher stuff, the movie has two very graphic scenes that can be a bit disturbing: The violent opening scene, involving a girl having to answer a quiz, and if the answers are wrong, she and her boyfriend get killed. Her boyfriend gets disemboweled (in the theatrical version, we only see the afterwards, in the Uncut version, we see the guts falling out). Then, she gets repeatenly stabbed with a knife, and then her disemboweled body gets found hanging from a tree. This scene is very intense and had to be edited for an NC-17 rating. Other killings involve slit throats, a woman's arm being slashed, the same woman's head being crushed by a garage door (it is not nearly as graphic as it sounds, there is absolutely no blood and the impact is very brief - at the PG-13 level) and some stabbings. The second very graphic scene is near the ending, where two psychopathic boys stab each other in order to wound them, making it look like they were attacked by the killer. The way the two boys behave is very disturbing. Also, there are 22 uses of the f-word. A sex scene is a main topic, but the act is almost off-screen. In conclusion, it surely deserves an R-Rating, but the original NC-17 is too extreme, i think. The strong violence is infrequent, and the two disturbing scenes mentioned above are nothing compared to nowadays' horror movies, or splatter films. Anyhow, it should not be seen by anyone under the age of 16.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats February 20, 2013

From the First Name In Suspense Comes the Last Word In Fear

Scream is a horror classic and one of the best in its slasher genre. Unfortunately, it isn't as scary as you'd probably like. The violence isn't a huge issue considering the graphic violence of modern horror films and there isn't even that much language, but still some uses of the f-word. Sexual content is surprisingly not an issue at all and there is barely any in the film. B+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTiggerBear February 16, 2013

Scream

Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2013

Cool

I thought it was quite a funny film, although there is quite graphic violence, you can tell the blood is fake and its not very scary, perfect for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemwaggily1999 December 1, 2012

Teens and above:)

The Film Scream is the most gruesome out of the 4 made so far but overall isn't the kind of movie that would mess with a teenagers mind. It is a good film but has a comedy nature to it making the film less intense - especially if watching with friends. I suggest that you should be about 14 to watch this film or younger if you are used to horrors, however, if this is your first time horror then maybe it isn't for you. Shouldn't be an 18 though!! Good movie unless horror isn't your thing. ENJOY <3
Adult Written bycritic sense November 4, 2012

Recommended Rating: 16+ for graphic bloody violence, frightening scenes and language

This horror film has some graphic, bloody scenes of people getting stabbed by knives. Some of these scenes are prolonged and are unexpected. There are many jump scares, and the violent scenes have an intense atmosphere. This film may be too frightening and graphic for younger viewers. The main antagonist wears a costume and goes around stalking people. His appearance is unexpected and the murders that he does are explicit and may be too disturbing for some. There is frequent strong language, including almost two dozen F-words, and mild sexual references.
Parent Written byNikeswoosh99 September 3, 2012

Its just a movie

There are some horror movies you can't really take seriously and this was one of them. Not to say it wasn't scary but there were just some scenes you just had to laugh at. This movie at the same time is very good at drawing emotion out of people. Like when a girl almost survives the killer just in time so that her parents can watch her die. All in all if you can learn to realize that a movie is a movie then you will enjoy this movie.
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2012

Ok For Mature Tweens

I am 12 and I saw this movie with my friend and my mom. I was a good movie, but had some not needed swears including f*** and s***. There is some sexuality in this movie but not as much as you would expect. There is lots of gore and blood so if you are scared of blood I would not recommend this. Otherwise, Wes Craven did a good job with this story!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCharlietheunicorn99 July 25, 2012

Tales from a Teenager part 5

The violence is not as bad as the second, third, or fourth but it is still pretty bad. Language isn't as bad as the others, and come on, you see two teens undress but you don't see it happen.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 July 23, 2012

Scream or Squeal?

This movie is a fun flick to watch if you are a bunch of teenage girls looking for a movie to make you scared, or a bunch of guys looking for a movie that is just fun to watch. I have to admit though, the violence is intense and the swearing is just as much. Close to the end of the film, a lot of words are going around that REALLY need a censor. Plus the main character is dating a guy that keeps wanting to kiss her and hug her and eventually goes to far if you know what i mean. Also, everyone goes to a house and has a party, and start drinking. I was like, "They are under age and drinking. Oh my gollashes. Oh my. How could they? Oh my. No. They should've have...no. I can't---no. Just...no." You know? Anyway, it is a fun movie, but you should probably leave this movie, for like, high school students to watch.
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2012

Scary at the beginning, but gets less scarier at the end.

Please be aware that this movie was first rated NC-17 for violence, but they cut out some of the violence to make the movie rated R. Violence: There are killing with a knife and all of those killing were bloody. One of the killings, we did not see the knife, but we saw the person die and there was blood. One of the killings, a woman got stabbed (some blood, but not a lot), then she got dragged and hung (the hanging is off screen.) There are some hand to hand fights with the killer. Teens are watching a scary movie at a party, but thats really nothing. Language: Some f words and some less stronger sware words, but mostly s words through out the movie. Drinking and drugs: There are teens drinking alcohol at a party. Sex and nudity: No sex and nudity in the movie, however you can see in the movie that a teen couple did have sex. Other stuff: This movie is not the scariest movie I have ever seen, however it is the scatiest gore movie I have ever seen. Anyone who likes to be scared will enjoy this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEMINEM27 June 21, 2012

SCREAM: a great movie!

This movie is great!!! A perfect movie for fans of "Slasher/Serial Killer" horror films. It was entertaining beginning to end and captivated me, start to finish. I highly recommend the Scream series. The first in the series (this one) is the BEST! one of my favorite horror movies of all time!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 15, 2012

Really good!

Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan May 28, 2012

Not for kids 13 and Under.

BETTER THAN 2 and 4.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygamer32 May 26, 2012

SCREM

This movie wasn't bad. But their is lots of blood and gore. Its ok for teens.
Parent Written bySSkkyyy May 19, 2012

Great for Teens who like horror

there was a few swears. i think this movie is good for ages 13 and up Violence: it is a horror so there is some killing
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2012

Favorite Movie

I'm a 11 year old girl and I saw this when I was 9. I't drops the F bomb a lot and has some other swearing. But most kids know these words so it doesn't matter that much. I love the Scream series.