All member reviews for Scream

Graphic mystery-homage to teen-slasher movies.

Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2012

Great but gory slasher film

I just recently saw scream and I was not dissapointed. It has the most compelling and unusual plot I have seen in a long time. As great as this movie is, it is definitly not reccomended for anyone under 15. By saying this, I may sound like a hypocrite due to the fact that I am only 12. I have been exposed to horror movies my whole life so I am not too sensitive, but this is something I would never show my future kids. This movie is filled with violence and gore. This includes numerous stabbings, shootings, and beatings. The characters constantly talk about sex and it has a big role in the plot. This movie is great but is rated "R" for a reason.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2012

Scream

the best of the screams it had you guessing till the end its so funny i love it i think its 11 and older
Teen, 14 years old Written bystylemusings January 10, 2012

Scream Is Awesome

Sidney is smart, self-aware, resourceful, brave, and she isn't afraid to stand up for herself. She fights with the killer, and ends up killing him in the end all by herself. Tatum is funny and smart and cynical and I was sad when she died. The movie is a very interesting commentary on our society today, poking fun at horror movies while showing how they have affected our lives. Parents should note that there is some bad language in this movie, but not anything that your kids haven't heard before on at least one occasion. Younger teens might not get the more subtle references to classic horror films such as Halloween, and the violence is pretty intense. Most of the time, though, the victims are stabbed off-screen or the camera cuts away rather quickly. The most graphic scenes involve a girl being hung by a tree, clearly gutted (though the camera cuts away in miliseconds), and one girl is killed by a garage door. This is a smart horror flick.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Dark Duchess December 19, 2011

Wonderful Tribute to the Horror Genre

This is my personal favorite horror series. I wouldn't recommend it for tweens or early teens, but the language will be familiar to anyone above 13. I don't recommend it if you have a weak stomach, because there is A LOT of gore. I'd definitely understand why some may think this movie is sadistic, but that's horror for you. It's a good satire, and I'd recommend this to any horror fan.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 12, 2011

So-so horror flick isn't too violent for younger kids.

Not even as violent as you describe it .This is the 3rd best Scream in the series.I saw the unrated and uncut version with tons more blood and I don't even think its gory seriously maps is crazy to put this nc17.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylalaman December 11, 2011

I guess its kinda bad

Well a bunch of cussing but other than that I would let my kids watch it with me.
Teen, 16 years old Written byIJustLostTheGame November 24, 2011

Great Horror Film But Not For Young Teens

This is a great scary movie, but it can get a little violent at times and there is a sex scene. Absolutely not for anyone under 13, but a mature 14-15 year old is okay.
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2011

My MPAA raing and Scream review

My MPAA rating: R for strong bloody vilonce,gore,language,teen drinking and some scary images. My review: this movie was my first horror movie I loved it it is my favorite horror movie of all time. I reccommended children from 9 up to watch this movie. buy it on blu-ray or DVD
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 19, 2011

The original that will go on to build an movie empire.

Scream is the start of the series that will go on and change horror movies forever and go on to become one of the most money earning film series in history. The movie is clever, intelligent, and comedic. Ghostface is unsuspecting, building up suspense towards his victims to drive them insane. Scream is a movie that will leave your jaw dropped, laughing, and begging for more. My suggested MPAA rating, R: Strong graphic bloody violence, language, terror, teen drinking, and sexual situations
Adult Written byage 10+ October 16, 2011

not that bad

To tell you the the truth, this movie should have been rated pg-13. iI's really not that bad. So I'd say that if your kids are at least 12 and they want to watch this movie, it's fine to let them.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhansolo95 October 13, 2011

The perfect Halloween movie, but NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!

Wow! For once, a movie that me and my brother both love! This is a gruesomely violent and profane movie, yet it is also THE greatest slasher flick I have ever seen. It's cheesy, but not only does it admit it, this movie wallows in it! It's still not as cheesy as some movies, but you get my point. It really is a hit-or-miss kind of thing though, so you'll just have to see it yourself as far as quality is concerned. VIOLENCE: Gruesome and plentiful, with multiple stabbings and shootings. A girl is seen hanging from a tree with her intestines hanging out. And one man is never seen, but it is said that another victim has also been gutted and hung from the goalposts of a high-school football field. Upon hearing news of each killing, the teenagers think of it as cool as opposed to sad or frightening. One girl also tries to escape by crawling out through a doggy flap in a rising garage door. The door is raised and the girl's neck is broken, she is left hanging there and is later discovered still hanging. An incredibly gruesome blood-bath of a showdown at the end, with people being stabbed, shot, punched, thrown, having a T.V. set dropped onto their head, etc... SEXUAL CONTENT: While there is absolutely no nudity shown, these are some of the most perverted teenagers I have ever seen. Frequent talk of sex, and use of the words F*** and T*ts in reference to sex. A girl has sex with her boyfriend, but nothing is seen. LANGUAGE: Many, MANY uses of the "F" and "S" words, and much much more. In summary, one of the best slasher movies I have seen, but also one of the most explicit. Not for kids under 16, but an excellent movie for this Halloween. I know I'll be watching it again. Thanks for reading!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywatch October 4, 2011

got to see with kids and not scary but the scream guts people like a fish

i saw this when i was 8 years old
Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

Great!

Good movie! Pretty violent. For mature people.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 11, 2011

Full of grisly horror violence and some gore, but entertaining for teens

Fairly bloody and occasionally gory, but not all that gruesome compared to many modern horror movies these days, Scream is a smart, well done and often very funny horror\slasher film which is full of great characters, but, unfortunately, some die in rather brutal ways to say the least. Still, the violence in Scream is often very graphic and brutal, full of constant stabbings, slicings and throat slashings. Also, there is some rowdy teen partying, some crude sexual dialog including a off-screen sex scene, and some fairly moderate profanity which comes close to about 30 F-words. Funny and scary and probably quiet enjoyable for most older teens, but not tween's.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2011

scream

Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2011

@coolj123

learn to spell, not scary, and it's ghostface (or father death if you want to get precise) not scream. By the way, possibly the best horror I have ever seen (Tied with Halloween), Wes cravens best. Casey's Death was the only creepy on and Tatum's was the only gruesome one (The review says her neck is broken by a garage door, not true. Her head get gets crushed and pops like a balloon(No blood).) 12 and up with parent, 14 up without.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygeorgia. August 1, 2011

mature 13+.

AMAZING. don't really know why it's an 18 though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefan3308 July 22, 2011

Good for 14+

As long as your kid is ok with blood and cussing let them watch this movie. It's not even all that scary but there are some gruesome murders (the one in the first ten minutes is the worst.) There is implied sex and none of the characters really have good attitudes but those were my only main complaints. p.s. the other 3 movies arent nearly as good
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2011

Scream

In this gore thriller heroine Sidney Prescott if being tormented by a killer known as ghost face. I like scream it was a good movie in my opinion. BUT! The sexual content, language, violence, and drinking may be to much for kids. Parents if your kids see this film talk with them about some of the sexual content and violence.
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2011

super good movie the end is imposible to guess

They drop the F-bomb 24 times they swear a lot but its fine if your kids are used to it. Some blood you can see stap wonds. After one girl dies she is hung on a tree where the parents then find her. The movie is funny