Graphic mystery-homage to teen-slasher movies.

Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2012

Scary at the beginning, but gets less scarier at the end.

Please be aware that this movie was first rated NC-17 for violence, but they cut out some of the violence to make the movie rated R. Violence: There are killing with a knife and all of those killing were bloody. One of the killings, we did not see the knife, but we saw the person die and there was blood. One of the killings, a woman got stabbed (some blood, but not a lot), then she got dragged and hung (the hanging is off screen.) There are some hand to hand fights with the killer. Teens are watching a scary movie at a party, but thats really nothing. Language: Some f words and some less stronger sware words, but mostly s words through out the movie. Drinking and drugs: There are teens drinking alcohol at a party. Sex and nudity: No sex and nudity in the movie, however you can see in the movie that a teen couple did have sex. Other stuff: This movie is not the scariest movie I have ever seen, however it is the scatiest gore movie I have ever seen. Anyone who likes to be scared will enjoy this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEMINEM27 June 21, 2012

SCREAM: a great movie!

This movie is great!!! A perfect movie for fans of "Slasher/Serial Killer" horror films. It was entertaining beginning to end and captivated me, start to finish. I highly recommend the Scream series. The first in the series (this one) is the BEST! one of my favorite horror movies of all time!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 15, 2012

Really good!

Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan May 28, 2012

Not for kids 13 and Under.

BETTER THAN 2 and 4.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygamer32 May 26, 2012

SCREM

This movie wasn't bad. But their is lots of blood and gore. Its ok for teens.
Parent Written bySSkkyyy May 19, 2012

Great for Teens who like horror

there was a few swears. i think this movie is good for ages 13 and up Violence: it is a horror so there is some killing
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2012

Favorite Movie

I'm a 11 year old girl and I saw this when I was 9. I't drops the F bomb a lot and has some other swearing. But most kids know these words so it doesn't matter that much. I love the Scream series.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrobinrunner February 25, 2012

Surprisingly tame for a scary movie, still a good time for the mature

Scream is about a group of horror movie worshipers who find themselves living the terrors they see on screen in real life. It still has the typical naughty content, but is rather mild than most films in the same genre. Teens drink, and talk about sex every once in a while ( a girl talks about renting a movie just to see a celebrity's private part, a boy talks to his girlfriend about how there relationship has been t.v. censored because they don't sleep together anymore), and swearing is still ridiculous staining good scenes with words like f***k, s**t, d**n, and b***h. There isn't too much blood and gore aside from the last scene, but it still has it's moments, other than the horrifying part with Drew Barrymore in the beginning (look it up). However, there is a very admireable aspect to the whole thing. It's a really creative movie, and even funny sometimes. The charecters are lovable (most of them), and the villain Ghostface isn't as gruesome as most horror villains, but more unique. I'd say it's for those that want to see a scary movie, but don't want to get too scared.
Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2012

Great but gory slasher film

I just recently saw scream and I was not dissapointed. It has the most compelling and unusual plot I have seen in a long time. As great as this movie is, it is definitly not reccomended for anyone under 15. By saying this, I may sound like a hypocrite due to the fact that I am only 12. I have been exposed to horror movies my whole life so I am not too sensitive, but this is something I would never show my future kids. This movie is filled with violence and gore. This includes numerous stabbings, shootings, and beatings. The characters constantly talk about sex and it has a big role in the plot. This movie is great but is rated "R" for a reason.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2012

Scream

the best of the screams it had you guessing till the end its so funny i love it i think its 11 and older
Teen, 14 years old Written bystylemusings January 10, 2012

Scream Is Awesome

Sidney is smart, self-aware, resourceful, brave, and she isn't afraid to stand up for herself. She fights with the killer, and ends up killing him in the end all by herself. Tatum is funny and smart and cynical and I was sad when she died. The movie is a very interesting commentary on our society today, poking fun at horror movies while showing how they have affected our lives. Parents should note that there is some bad language in this movie, but not anything that your kids haven't heard before on at least one occasion. Younger teens might not get the more subtle references to classic horror films such as Halloween, and the violence is pretty intense. Most of the time, though, the victims are stabbed off-screen or the camera cuts away rather quickly. The most graphic scenes involve a girl being hung by a tree, clearly gutted (though the camera cuts away in miliseconds), and one girl is killed by a garage door. This is a smart horror flick.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Dark Duchess December 19, 2011

Wonderful Tribute to the Horror Genre

This is my personal favorite horror series. I wouldn't recommend it for tweens or early teens, but the language will be familiar to anyone above 13. I don't recommend it if you have a weak stomach, because there is A LOT of gore. I'd definitely understand why some may think this movie is sadistic, but that's horror for you. It's a good satire, and I'd recommend this to any horror fan.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylalaman December 11, 2011

I guess its kinda bad

Well a bunch of cussing but other than that I would let my kids watch it with me.
Teen, 16 years old Written byIJustLostTheGame November 24, 2011

Great Horror Film But Not For Young Teens

This is a great scary movie, but it can get a little violent at times and there is a sex scene. Absolutely not for anyone under 13, but a mature 14-15 year old is okay.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 19, 2011

The original that will go on to build an movie empire.

Scream is the start of the series that will go on and change horror movies forever and go on to become one of the most money earning film series in history. The movie is clever, intelligent, and comedic. Ghostface is unsuspecting, building up suspense towards his victims to drive them insane. Scream is a movie that will leave your jaw dropped, laughing, and begging for more. My suggested MPAA rating, R: Strong graphic bloody violence, language, terror, teen drinking, and sexual situations
Teen, 16 years old Written byhansolo95 October 13, 2011

The perfect Halloween movie, but NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!

Wow! For once, a movie that me and my brother both love! This is a gruesomely violent and profane movie, yet it is also THE greatest slasher flick I have ever seen. It's cheesy, but not only does it admit it, this movie wallows in it! It's still not as cheesy as some movies, but you get my point. It really is a hit-or-miss kind of thing though, so you'll just have to see it yourself as far as quality is concerned. VIOLENCE: Gruesome and plentiful, with multiple stabbings and shootings. A girl is seen hanging from a tree with her intestines hanging out. And one man is never seen, but it is said that another victim has also been gutted and hung from the goalposts of a high-school football field. Upon hearing news of each killing, the teenagers think of it as cool as opposed to sad or frightening. One girl also tries to escape by crawling out through a doggy flap in a rising garage door. The door is raised and the girl's neck is broken, she is left hanging there and is later discovered still hanging. An incredibly gruesome blood-bath of a showdown at the end, with people being stabbed, shot, punched, thrown, having a T.V. set dropped onto their head, etc... SEXUAL CONTENT: While there is absolutely no nudity shown, these are some of the most perverted teenagers I have ever seen. Frequent talk of sex, and use of the words F*** and T*ts in reference to sex. A girl has sex with her boyfriend, but nothing is seen. LANGUAGE: Many, MANY uses of the "F" and "S" words, and much much more. In summary, one of the best slasher movies I have seen, but also one of the most explicit. Not for kids under 16, but an excellent movie for this Halloween. I know I'll be watching it again. Thanks for reading!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

Great!

Good movie! Pretty violent. For mature people.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 11, 2011

Full of grisly horror violence and some gore, but entertaining for teens

Fairly bloody and occasionally gory, but not all that gruesome compared to many modern horror movies these days, Scream is a smart, well done and often very funny horror\slasher film which is full of great characters, but, unfortunately, some die in rather brutal ways to say the least. Still, the violence in Scream is often very graphic and brutal, full of constant stabbings, slicings and throat slashings. Also, there is some rowdy teen partying, some crude sexual dialog including a off-screen sex scene, and some fairly moderate profanity which comes close to about 30 F-words. Funny and scary and probably quiet enjoyable for most older teens, but not tween's.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2011

scream

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefan3308 July 22, 2011

Good for 14+

As long as your kid is ok with blood and cussing let them watch this movie. It's not even all that scary but there are some gruesome murders (the one in the first ten minutes is the worst.) There is implied sex and none of the characters really have good attitudes but those were my only main complaints. p.s. the other 3 movies arent nearly as good