All member reviews for Secondhand Lions

Teen, 14 years old Written bydmac April 9, 2008

My favorite movie

Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

Wonderful movie for everyone!!!!!!

This is truly one of the few good movies out there that combines humor, values, and kindness into one excellent movie. It is perfect for the entire family to see. My family and I loved it!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2014

Go out with your boots on

Secondhand lions is about boy named Walter who gets dropped off at his uncle's house for the summer. His uncles, Hub and Garth, are old and grouchy. Garth tells Walter stories of when Garth and hub went on adventures. Walter had been lied to his whole life by his mom so he doesn't know who to trust. In the end Walter's mom lets him stay with his two uncles because he trusts them. Hub has a what every guy needs to know to be a man speech. In this speech their are some parts I don't agree with. Hub never really tells the whole speech. The title of the movie, secondhand lions, means that since Garth and Hub are old they can't do the things they used to be able to do. They still have the spirits of lions though. I thought the movie was great and well filmed.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycrael351 February 12, 2014

Charming Movie

This movie has always been one of my favorites. It is a must see for any family, and the storyline will stick with you forever.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 6, 2012

Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

Terrific

A great family film
Teen, 13 years old Written bydasdasdasdasdas December 23, 2011

Best movie ever

It is no doubt one of the best movies I have ever seen.The rest of my family loves it too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 October 7, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

A smart and very cleaver film.

Second Hand Lions is enjoyable and a very fun movie to watch. Every Family should see this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynorapotter April 9, 2008

Great Movie

When I was browsing on netflix I saw this movie under my recommendations list and took a look at it. After watching the preview I said to myself, "forget it." The preview didn't leave me with an optimistic feeling about Secondhand Lions and I didn't want to bother to try and watch it. It had swearing thrown into sentences that weren't needed and (from the looks of it) didn't seem like it had a very strong thesis. So I went back to browsing and forgot about it for some time. Then, about a month later, I got sick and was real bored. I finished all of the netflix we had and didn't have as much choices of things to do for afew days. So my father went to "Hollywood Video" and rented me 2 movies. One was "Secondhand Lions" I decided that I wouldn't KNOW that it was a movie that wasn't worth watching until I watched it. So I did and I LOVED it! The preview was misleading and I will never base my opinion about a movie on a preview. Yes, it did having swearing where it wasn't needed but the theme was great. Don't be fooled by the preview. This is a WONDERFUL movie for the whole family (if you will put up with afew cuss words here and there.)

this is a awesome movie but has little violence and some gun firing but great movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byjmiss April 9, 2008

Fine

It is fine for anyone to watch
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccer2929 April 9, 2008

AWESOME best movie i think ive seen

I LOVE THIS MOVIE it is awesome and the old guys are SOOOOOO funny:) :) :) :)
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

It's a dramatic story.

It has some shooting and some swearing but other wise it's great!

Mesmerizing.

This is one of my most favorite movies of all time. I love how it is magical in many ways. Telling the story of a young boy who, at first apprehensive about staying with his uncles for a time, becomes enraptured with their daring stories of their lives. It shows that one can do anything, and the human need to believe in something. The mother's inability to see beyond her boyfriend's faults and the need to be in a relationship was also an interesting point. This movie should be watched by anyone, especially those who are children at heart.

Very Good Movie

The only thing in this movie that is alittle iffy is the violence. A lion attacks a man. (not full showed) Alittle old fashion fist fighting. and Alittle bit of hitting a threatinging and that is about it. This is a good movie though. This movie is also sad.