All member reviews for Selena

J-Lo hits the right notes in Tejano star's tale.

Parent of a 5 and 10 year old Written byALLEY May 12, 2011

This movie is great! Even though the story is tragic J-LO does a great job telling the tale. The murder is not shown but your children may ask some questions, for others it may not give any reaction! Talk about it, don't let it go un-noticed, ask if there are any questions!! All in all it was a SPECTACULAR movie!
Adult Written bypurpleslayer57 April 9, 2008

memories

i enjoyed this,and jlo played a great selena of course.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygoldn80s April 15, 2011

parental guidenace suggested.

If I dare to let a five year old watch this film, I would cover his/her eyes to the inappropriate parts, I would like him/her to see her success, love Selena had for her fans. I will let the child know that i was one of her fans who miss her, and the good qualities in her.
Adult Written byvicky92 September 14, 2010

Anyone can watch it, in my opinion

My grandma took me to go see this movie when it came out, and I was 3. Nothing really bad about this movie lol. Then again I had already known about Selena's death and everything, so nothing surprised me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKit-Kat Girl October 27, 2012

Best Movie I've Ever Seen, But So Sad!

I saw this movie in Spanish class. It's the saddest movie I've ever seen, but so good! It's a really suspenseful, hilarious, and heart-wrenching tale of the Mexican singer Selena's journey to fame. Her music is amazing, and JLo does an amazing portrayal of her. SPOILER ALERT! I was almost in tears at the end when Selena died - they never actually show her being shot, they show her gasping and a rose falling from her hand, then she is seen on a stretcher and it's revealed who murdered her. Your kids will miss a TON if they don't see this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 14, 2012

Really good!

Good movie for tweens.
Adult Written bywonder dove May 19, 2012

Beautiful. Just beautiful!

This movie is gorgeous. I first saw it when I was 11 with my best friend at the time, we would watch it quite often and always cry. Selena seemed like such a wonderful person and friend to have in your life; she was caring, compassionate and always there for her friends and family. The music is great, fun and upbeat - and I usually don't like musicals or too much of it in a movie but this one was perfect - and can't forget - her husband was hot :) and such a nice guy who loved her so much. I love how the film shows her childhood and how her (somewhat strict) father actually started her in the music industry. What talent! I found it super entertaining, funny and very emotional. One of my favorites!
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen April 9, 2012

That's The End!

Are you sure Selena was dead aged 23 killed by her fan-club present.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 February 8, 2012

Very good, but very sad at the end

It is a really good movie, but it is VERY sad at the end. When I was young, I had to go into the other room because it made me cry (the main character dies after being shot). Some kissing scenes, and skimpy clothes. One reference to "boobs." One part where a band trashes a hotel room. Not much, but a little bit of language ("d" and "s"). Good for teaching kids never to give up their dreams. Some funny parts.
Teen, 16 years old Written by80s Rock Chick :) May 26, 2011

I love this movie

i watch this movie all the time at home... and because of the movie i wanted to learn alot about the actual Selena... I listened to her music, read books,etc... J-lo does really good playing Selena, and the whole cast is def. believable :)
Kid, 10 years old April 30, 2011

A very positive message ?

It has a nice message but believe me there are some "steamy" scenes
Teen, 17 years old Written byAlysson_Wonderland April 2, 2011

The Best!

My family watches it every year on the anniversary of Selena's death, and it never fails to bring me and my mother to tears! I first saw this movie when I was little, and it made extremely proud to be Mexican-American. (Also, I don't see how 'gringo' is offensive. It's just another term for 'white person'.)
Teen, 15 years old Written bymissbuenrostro February 21, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 February 14, 2011

Best music film ever

This is probaly the best music film ive ever seen. Great cast great music great everything.
Kid, 12 years old July 10, 2009

Love it!

We love this movie!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bynazz4ever May 10, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byBloody Gorgeous February 1, 2009

Amazingly Spectacular!

Selena's story is so amazing... I was actually about to be named after her since I was born the year she dies. JLo did a good job... i guess. There are some very... passionate kissing scenes. Nothing to freak out about. The movie was awesome though. I loved it! It's so sad... it WILL make you cry. You must watch this move, epecially if you are a fan of Selena. I love Selena's music. May she Rest in Peace.