All member reviews for Sesame Street: P Is for Princess

These princesses don't need a prince! Perfect fun for pre-K.

Parent of an infant, 8, and 10 year old Written byBensyMom September 28, 2010
Parent of a 2 year old Written bychelgirl August 26, 2010
Parent Written byArtolsav May 31, 2011

Good, but a little pretend violence

There are some really great things about this movie and a few not so great ones. There are some really good role models, especially for girls. Princesses that are spunky and outgoing, Natalie Portman who wants to play the elephant instead of the princess in pretend play. But, there is one "chapter" that my daughter won't watch -- the one where Paul Rudd plays a prince.  At one point he bangs his head against a wall, literally, trying to think of what else he can do. My daughter, who is not particularly scared of things, finds it very disturbing. Overall, I think it's good, but it could be better without the strange placement of pretend violence. At age 3 or 4, they don't really understand the nuances of the phrase "banging your head against the wall."
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written bythechewiedog November 29, 2010

Great except for the penguin!

My kids LOVE this video, except my son got VERY concerned when the penguin gets stuck in the barrel. And she is stuck in there for what seems like AGES to a little kid. He is very safety conscious. You can't see her face or know that she is okay, so if you have a very empathetic toddler you might be in for a lot of concern!