All member reviews for Seven Psychopaths

Graphic violence, strong language in clever crime comedy.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 15, 2012

A Good Violent Dark Comedy

This Movie isnt really kid appropriate but its still really good and very very funny. Love Woody Harrelson
Adult Written bychristian2011 December 18, 2012

Suprisingly clever, funny and enjoyable comical-action film.

Seven Psychopaths is a black comedy action snuff about a struggling screenwriter who unfortunately becomes entangled in the Los Angeles underworld after his oddball friends kidnap a gangster's beloved Shih Tzu puppy. Although the film definitely has it's witty and hilarious moments, it DOES contain very graphic violent moments which can shock and disturb the viewer (not for the squeamish). Alot of the violence reflects the blackly comical nature of the film, but still jarring and startling - such as scenes of people getting shot with bloody / gory results and also burned alive, also fantasy sequences of mutilated human body parts including head lying in a hotel room (very disturbing and grisly). There's pervasive strong language throughout the film (excessive uses of f**k, sh*t, c**t ), and some sexually charged scenes including topless women (bare breasts are shown). One character is a struggling alcoholic whom is seen drinking and getting drunk most of the time. This movie is best suited for mature audiences, too intense, crude and violent for young teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 October 19, 2012

Good movie, but not as funny as I expected

Teen, 15 years old Written bytscott97 February 9, 2013

Seven Psychopathy is psychotic!

Extremely violent and vulgar, definitely not for the easily offended or faint of heart.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2012

I regret I saw this sorta, but you gotta <3 Woody Harellson and the other characters for their comedic style

Y'all please don't hate on me that a 10 year old saw this. But I did, and I sorta regret it. First R Movie I saw in a theatre. Nudity and sex and corny comedy and lots of violence make up Seven Psychopaths. No one under 14 should see this. (BTW I didn't mean to put positive role model on the thing.)
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 October 14, 2012

ss

One of the most thoughtful and clever films in years. It has a likeable characters set, funny laughs that alway's deliver. A really good story and side plot. Funniest film in 2012 so far. Sorry 21 Jump Street & Ted.
Parent Written byTV67 February 17, 2013

Christoper Walken YAY!!

I'm rarely into dark humor or blood and guts kind of movies but I loved this one. Christopher Walken is awesome (just had to give him a shout out). If you thought this movie was meant to be a comedy IT ISN'T. It's funny but it's not centralized around being funny. It's about what the title implies, 7 psychopaths telling 7 stories from the psychos point of view. It's surprisingly Relaxed and Up beat for how Dark the actual subject line is. Lots of murder going on and yet the characters don't seem terribly shocked by any of it. Even the Dogs seem chilled out in the movie. In the end you feel just as bewildered as the main survivor. Who didn't expect witness and experienced a world from a Psychos perspective.
Teen, 14 years old Written byluckyconversekid9 February 17, 2013

WAY TOO VIOLENT, Don't Even Bother

I went with my mother and my sister, expecting a slightly violent and very funny film. That is not AT ALL what we saw. It was so violent that even my mother said we needed to leave the theater and so we did. That was in the first twenty minutes alone. The amount of violence, mature content, and language is endless. If your kid is even slightly agitated by blood, weapons, nudity, or bad language then don't bother. Don't even go to RedBox and think it'll be okay on a smaller screen. It's frightening any way you see it.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur April 1, 2013

your friend's a freakin psychopath

this is an intense and hilarious comedy thriller
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Seven Psycopaths is loads of awesome

Seven Psycopaths is hilarious. It can be very dark though. The violence level is high. It is fun seeing all of these actors interact with each other.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBehindthescene November 24, 2013

Stay out of the dog-napping business.

If you're an adult or an older teen, then I think this film is worth a watch for the craft; NOT for the plot (it is literally more nonsensical than "Pulp Fiction") or content. The violence can be quite disturbing considering its comical context; the language (although not as constant as it's predecessor "In Bruges") is a bit stronger here; and there is a bit of sexual content here as well. Also, the main character (well, one of them) is an alcoholic and this problem is often portrayed as comical. This is a funny and well-crafted movie, however, and I would even go as far as to say it is better than Pulp Fiction. That's just my opinion. Not a movie for kids, though.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Pretty good

Some graphic violence that can be disturbing. Great acting but slightly cheesy ending or I would have given it 5 stars. A lot of language and some sexuality.