All member reviews for Shaolin Soccer

Untraditional underdog sports team story.

Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2010

The 'Soccer' Sum Up

I think its a GREAT movie, BUT, there is a lot of violence that I don't think is appropriate for some ages. It may scare them or make them cover their eyes. It can be a great family movie and a lot of fun. Its a wonderful comedy and a must have around the house.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byH2Clark February 15, 2013

Kids laughed out loud

Just watched this with my boys 8 & 10. Great movie for them. Although, they are great readers, they appreciated me reading the subtitles. This was ridiculous enough that they were laughing out loud.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxcolossal April 9, 2008

Awesome......

Great Movie
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Sometimes you can't be sure if it's supposed to be funny or serious

For example, some of the soccer "action" sequences can be so over the top that you might be laughing but you're still not sure if its supposed to be taken seriously. However, this movie is definitely aimed at the younger crowd, but I still found it quite amusing due to its randomized humor. If you are older and this type of off the wall humor, I highly reccommend watcdhing "Airplane", the greatest spoof movie helped rejuvinate the genre. That, or the other Zucker movies such as "The Naked Gun" series.
Teen, 16 years old Written by9spaceking March 31, 2015

Epic movie

The movie rating may depend on the subtitles (some have swearing to make the men sound more adult, "darn" would make it more PG); but there is a lot of violence and a bit of blood nearing the climax scene. Also, the men are quite cruel to them (before the "Enlightenment"). Nevertheless, a near-perfect comedy. No PG rated movie in my mind has been able to beat it yet, in terms of quality.
Adult Written byreubli March 23, 2013

Funny, but a little better for the older kids

Very funny - though lots of slapstick violence and one scene at the end where a man's clothes are blown-off, revealing his fully bare bottom for a moment (it's a funny scene though). Kids were a little grossed out at seeing one character put a pair of clearly worn and stained underwear on his head. Watched by 8-11 year olds; they all loved the movie but with some of slapstick including bottles being broken repeatedly over one character's head and few other unkind acts to "shame" characters, I think it's better for the 10+ set.
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2010

Original Asian Blockbuster

AWESOME! YOU'VE GOT TO WATCH IT IN CHINESE WITH SUBTITLES THOUGH! EPIC!
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2010

Boon's rating

Whats with the PG-13 rating? this movie is clearly fine. if you want something more adult-like, watch kung fu hustle. it has most of the same cast and crew from this movie. not bad except for one seen where a guy makes out with another guy. its not as bad as it sounds, try it out yourself and see if you would like your kid to watch it.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bykatdog March 12, 2010

Strange!

Subtitles in the version we rented. Bizarre. Slapstick. Was looking for more realistic martial arts. My son didn't want to watch it at first but got sucked in and loved it, got his little sister to watch it, and now trying to get his friends to watch it. You almost have to see this movie to believe how bad/good it is. Lots of inappropriate behavior.

was good.