All teen and kid member reviews for Shaun of the Dead

Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2011

Shaun of the dead Must read

I think the positive message is being very brave going against zombies. I am 11 and i watched it, i think it should be 11 & up because it is appropiate, no bleeding
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2013

Great movie

I saw this when I was 9 and it was GREAT one of my fav movie 10/10
Kid, 9 years old August 23, 2012

good move

Kid, 10 years old November 2, 2010

This film is really funny, and it really gets you on the edge of your seat. The scenes are well directed, everything is realistic, and some parts are quite dramatic. Although, it is good, it has lots and lots of swearing. Loads of f**ks, a c**t, a w****r, and so on. It has not got much violence or gore untill about half an hour into the film. The goriest scene is where a man falls in a lot of zombies, and they rip his guts and body bits out and eat them (on screen). They shoot them with a big rifle, zombies are stabbed and beaten with a cricket bat, and a zombie girl falls on a metal spike, impaling right the way through her body, and she gets up and you can see a bloody hole through her body. Some of it is quite emotional, like when Shaun (the main character) must shoot his mother who is about to transform into a zombie, and he does in the end. It is a funny, exciting film, but a DEFINATE no-no for kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjake W. June 20, 2010

perfect for teens

love it not too bad but gore
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2009

Zombifying!!!

I thought this film was excellent especially the end when they are playing on the PS2!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

A must see for kids 13+

i'm 9 and i only saw it because i saw "Hot Fuzz" before shaun of the dead. This movie is REALLY GORY!!!! not for kids my age, but i dont really get disturbed by gore or blood. There is plenty of bad words, but don't get me wrong, this movie is SO FUNNY!!!! I don't want to spoil it for those who want to see it, but the goriest part is when a ton of zombies rip this guy and eat his intestines for food. I got 2 words: EEE WWWW!!!! Great movie, really innapropriot, overall, a MUST SEE!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMclassification August 15, 2015

Strong bloody comic violence, gore, very strong language.

SHAUN OF THE DEAD is a British horror-comedy about a selfish slacker, with an awkward mate, and his pushy ex-girlfriend. Together, with a few others, they go to the safest location they know and battle a large horde of zombies. It was classified 18 for strong bloody comic violence, gore and very strong language. There is frequent strong bloody violence, which is also fairly detailed. However, the overall tone is comical, which lightens the violence a little bit. Strong gore occurs in two key scenes. One is sight of a mangled, mutilated body. The other is sight of a man being torn appart by zombies, which is realistic and very bloody/gory. Also, there is no humor to lighten up the scene. Therefore, it is better classified at 18. Very strong language (c*nt) occurs at the very beginning of the movie. It is only said once throughout, and is not said directly/offensively. There is also frequent strong language (f*ck) and milder language (sh*t, pr*ck, tw*t etc.). There is also some crude humor and sex references.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWillsRatings July 14, 2015

The kids saying it's 11 or 9 are wrong. No offence ^-^

Great laugh out loud film frog simon pegg and nick frost. Love it. I don't really have a point to say even though I'm 13 I'm gonna leave it at a 14 because younger ages will not understand the jokes, too much swearing for them and again the jokes are inappropriate and parents who let their young children watch this will be asked "what dose this word mean".
Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2015

The Best comedy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO funny. There isn't any sex. LOTS of killing zombies, some with blood. One character's death sees a zombie ripping into his stomach and eating his guts. Another character death includes being shot in the head, with blood. Around 30 f-bombs. 1 use of the c-word (in the opening scene). The main characters are heavy drinkers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBurnerat2 June 24, 2015

Violence and strong language

Although it is a very funny and clever film, it does use quite strong language for most of the film and the violence is quite bad too. I'm only thirteen, and I enjoyed it a lot.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymad about tv April 8, 2015

fun zombie flick

I would say that shaun is good as a horror movie but as a comedy it's not that funny. There's a lot of very strong language. The violence is not as bad as most horror movies but there are still a few nasty bits
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2014

Zombie Comedy Gory Madness

Personally I think this film is friggin awesome but as such there is plenty of goriness even though its mostly zombies that being killed someone has the stomach ripped open. I dont no why but everything they say is funny even though whatever they say normally involves cursing like: f**k, c**t and b*****d. I admit I am ten years old and I have seen this but I think possibly twelve or thirteen years and up. Though I would say it is one of Peggs best films
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2014

Shaun of the dead

OK... So I found a version of this film on television that was censored to a TV-14 rating, and if you can find a version like that, this is a must see. Simon Pegg is PHENOMENAL as Shaun, and hilarious too. [Spoiler free review part] Violence: There is a fair bit of violence, some of it very gory in an uncensored version, featuring the removal of heads and the disembowelment of organs Sex: N/A Language: F*** is used 10 or so times, prominently by Pete in a hilarious scene you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J02-BtZ1bxE Damn, Ass, and S*** are also infrequently used Drinking: Lots of alcohol [spoilers start here] Violence: Many characters die, the saddest of which is the mother.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHardCoreNate November 19, 2014

Somewhat good movie

Very inappropriate for teens under 15 theres lots of language like "bitch", "Damn", "F--k", "S--t", "N---a", "C--t", "P---y". I's hilarious but inappropriate for young teens.
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2014

LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie was a pioneer for zomcom, which I don't really like, but I LOVE this one! I mean, the only bad moment was when most of the characters where murdered. Ha! I mean, It looked actually pretty funny, but I still didn't like it too much. It's awesome for teens, and some preteens.
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2014

LEARNING

GREAT MOVIE!

Shaun of the dead is a great movie, with some swearing, more gore than it should, and lots of laughs.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySplats March 2, 2014

Intelligent Mix of Different Genres

Anno 2004: talented director Edgar Wright already proved himself rock solid, having made "Spaced": a hilarious TV show that never got the succes it deserved and ran from the (very) late 90's to 2001, starring most of the same actors you'll see in "Shaun of the Dead". But enough backstory: the question awaiting the release of this movie was of course if Wright had enough going for himself to provide the wit his TV-series had for the length of a full-feature film. And he sure did. Shaun (an insanely sarcastic Simon Pegg) and Ed, two immediately likeable slackers who also happen to be best friends, live together in a house they rent, find themselves face to face with a zombie apocalypse caused by a virus, right after Shaun's girlfriend broke up with him. Long story short: Shaun's sole target is to get the girl and save his friends and family, while still maintaining his charming sense of humour. I could ramble on and on about how much I love this movie for all it has going for it, but you'll just have to discover for yourself. Think: your typical zombie-movie, with entertaining yet humble personalities and laugh-out-loud, typically British humour. This is the world's first Zom-Com, and believe me when I say it's an absolutely blast.
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2014

Good but gross

This is an excellent movie! The gore is realistic and the is alot of it! The are some scary scenes that would get some younger kids scared and worried! It has adult themes and I don't reccomend it for kids under 16!
Teen, 14 years old Written byRacing Flame December 17, 2013

Good Film. 14+ OK. 11-13 Maybe.

I really liked it and because I'm British I understood most of the humor. I think it is a good film and I think is OK for 14+