All parent member reviews for Sherlock Holmes

Parent Written bythepedens December 29, 2009

Adult Written byBobFijiwinkle December 28, 2009

Great movie.

It's great; however, there are a few unnecessary hanging shots towards then end.
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byOBGirlYN December 27, 2009

We always check reviews before seeing films with our teen boys (16 and 13). I didnt hear any offensive language, if there was it was very minimal. Yes, its violent but its CGI and its beautifully done. As for the occult, its like the Harry Potter movies in the sense of you as parents should be the barometer of reality for your family. If you say its not real and its not appropriate, then that's how your children will view it. Mine saw it as simply part of the story, nothing more or less. We are exceptionally picky about what out boys watch and my favorite part of the entire movie was the close bond between Holmes and Watson. Over and over again, they reinforce their friendship to each other. True friendship, the ability to love one another, is what we are commanded to do. And Holmes and Watson are willing to give their lives for each other because of this friendship. Doesnt get better than that!! Go see this movie =)
Parent of a 8 year old Written bygirlgotfun December 27, 2009

perefect for the mystery fans and much more

Great for people who love mysteries..It is good for teens and adults. The movie was very interested and kept me very entertained. I would defiantly recommend it to all the people I know. Sherlock is a little more aggressive then in the books but it just makes him that much more cool. He is an awesome guy.
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byJulieanna December 26, 2009

Spiritistic

The reason I am going to give this movie a bad review is because of the spiritism that is involved in it. I really can't put an age on that. So for anybody who wants nothing to do with the occult, don't go to this movie. My family and I walked out on it.
Adult Written byjoeATL December 26, 2009

fine for kids who are not too young