All member reviews for Shrek the Halls

Christmas in the swamp is great family fun.

Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 October 7, 2009

Fine

This isn't particularly great, but it is non offensive.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydanny 7000 December 20, 2015

shrek the halls is not for little kids

i think shrek the halls is amazing but its not for little kids its much tamer than the other shrek stuff but theirs one part where gingys girlfreind gets eaten by santa with that being said shrek the halls is much tamer than the movies and i dont reccomend it for anyone under the age of 10
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2015

The perfect Shrek themed Christmas movie for the entire family

Perfect for the holidays(both Chirstmas and Thanksgiving).And also some potty humor to go along with the movie(Nose picking and vomiting).But otherwise it's a squeaky clean holiday film for the entire family.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 5, 2014

This is a Great Christmas Shrek Special

I remembered watching a Sesame Street Christmas special and a Bob The Builder Christmas special as a child I loved watching both Specials however Shrek The Halls is the best Christmas special Dreamworks has made I know its Christmas yet however I'm getting the Orange John Cena Pack and WWE 2K15 for Christmas
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2013

BEST FREAKING TV CHRISTMAS SPECIAL EVER!!!!

That is a very good TV Christmas Special. Very sweet, no language. Just some slapstick cartoon violence. It doesn't bother me.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 4, 2011

Really good with a positive message

I have the DVD of this and it's really good. It has some potty humor, but it still has a positive message about the importance of family and friends and that the true meaning of Christmas is being together with the people you love. Violence: Some cartoonish violence, but nobody gets severly hurt. Consumerism: None in the special itself, but this is based of the Shrek movie series, which already has a ton of merchandise in stores.
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2011

Cute Special Becomes Instant Classic!

I remember when this aired for the first time in 2007; it now airs every year because it's such a good classic special for families! The Santa scene might be scary for young ones, but it is overall family-friendly. Do not miss this!
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

good for kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 30, 2011

A holiday with the worlds favorite ogre.

The same iffy-feeling from the films is inserted into this Christmas special, but it's funny and a pleasure to watch. Santa picks his nose instead of just touching it ot go up the chiminy. Fiona and the ogre-babies "play kazoo" in thier sleep by breaking wind. Nothing as bad as some of the movies.
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

Funniest christmas special ever!

I like it but some scary scenes!
Kid, 8 years old September 26, 2010

no title

best shrek erver
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2010

it's not for really little kids

hate it
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 7, 2010

My new tradition

My friend and I watch this every year over the phone. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys Christmas movies.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

Funny Christmas special

This is so funny! I came across it on t.v. one night and it made me crack up. There is only a little violence most of it kicking and play fighting, and the gingerbread gets eaten but it's just hilarous. I recommend it for everyone.
Kid, 7 years old May 31, 2010

ok

pg to me for violence
Parent Written byCooldee May 30, 2010

Shrek the Halls is so cool!

I love ''Shrek the Halls,'' but some of the violence makes young children afraid. Watch this special with the entire family!
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2009

a great short mvoie

the mvoie is short yes but at the same time it's awsome!
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2009

Funny without any Problems. Cute and gives Shrek (and his new family) a Christmas.

I enjoyed Shrek the Halls. My parents did, too. It was really funny while it lasted and I really enjoyed it. It will appeal to 8 and up, but there are no restrictions, unless you are against the "Shrek" franchise.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 3, 2009

one of my favorites

one of favorite movies to watch at chrismas time!