All member reviews for Shrek the Third

Cute but not as fun as past movies; some cartoon violence.

Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Shrek the Third

Sexual Content (Pause): Shrek and Fiona sleep in the same bed, and it's implied that Shrek is naked. "The talk" is interrupted. A character states that another character makes her "hotter than July". Violence (Pause): A battle scene features fist-fighting and weapons. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Characters learn to be tolerant of one another. Strong female characters, though they are helpless and selfish at first. Commercialism (Not an Issue): Fake commercialism for fast food and other products. Shrek is a huge marketing empire. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Characters drink fuzzy navels. References to mojitos and marijuana.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 9, 2010
Even at 6+, I don't want my kiddos to watch a "kid" movie that has inappropriate words. Should be kept out of school-aged movies or rated PG-13 at least.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 12, 2010

Another Step Down

Ah, Shrek, a great family classic of our time. Of course, it's filled with burps and the like while no one says excuse me, but then my tomboy half steps into play and I laugh. (I know, I need help) Shrek 2, being not as good as the first but still good. Then came another step down the ladder. Well, more of a slip and fall. It's called Shrek the Third. I sat down in the theater with my parents. We grabbed us some popcorn and a drink (is that stuff expensive or what?) and sat down, ready for what was, hopefully, another great family movie. I was not impressed. My family bought this on DVD soon after the release but I've only seen it 3 or 4 times. This was one of those movies where I had the same expression throughout: a combination of laughter, from typical Dreamworks humor; disappointment, from this movie not being nearly as good as the first two; and a touch of horror at some of the jokes they put in there. Like I said, I haven't seen this in a couple of years, so I can only remember a few things I kinda disapproved of, although I'm sure there were more. First off, one of Fiona's friends, also one of Cinderella's stepsisters, fits the name she's usually given. I use the term "she" lightly. For all those who are wondering, yes, it is a girl. Its name is Doris. I forgot its name until I read it in the Commonsense review, but there is no way I'd forget that face. She looks like a guy with lipstick. She scares me. But the first thing I really disapprove of is in the middle of the movie, when a women are shown burning a bra. Excuse me, that's disgusting! The worst thing I can remember is when Shrek is lying in bed and Donkey bursts in the room. He starts shouting for Shrek to "rise and shine!" Then he pulls off the covers and Shrek is wearing... well, I'm not going there. We don't see anything, but I still don't like it. Cross your fingers, Shrek 4 is coming out May of 2010. Oh, boy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011
Hilarious movie! great for the whole family!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 16, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byerik252 May 1, 2010
great family movie parent will be happy that they took out the minor profanity but in all funny great for every one
Adult Written by413804 January 28, 2012

Kind of Bland

The third shrek film didn't do much for me. Not many laughs, good moments, or memorable scenes. If you love the first two, don't bother seeing this one.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

Very disappointing. If you don't want to see the stupider "Shrek" films, stop at "Shrek 2". If you want to see Shrek's kids...watch this one.

My rating: PG for some brief mild crude humor and comic animated violence.
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

Um, Bad....

I hated this movie. I love Shrek and i've even seen Shrek the Musical, but this movie wasn't as good as the previous ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 January 31, 2011

Not as good as the previous ones

Shrek the Thrid lost some of its charm from the first two movies, but nevertheless it's still a good movie. There's still crudeness like in the previous films, but kids will like it. As for sex, there's one scene where Fiona and Shrek are sleeping in the same bed together. Also, there's an innuendo when Donkey asks Shrek where babies come from, and Puss says, "When a man has certain feelings for a woman..." but he's cut off by Shrek. It's a good movie, but it's not as good as the first two.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak June 1, 2010

Third Shrek in series is funny and good, but as funnny and good as the first two Shrek films!

(Shrek The Third) is the third film that's mostly times the charm, and twice the laughs too! The order of the Shrek films for me are: Shrek 2, Shrek 1, and then Shrek The Third. Shrek The Third is a nice, charming, funny and a very appealing PG rated animated comedy that's great 4 kids ages 5+ and appealing for adults. Some brief suggestive humor and mild cartoonish action/violence occur in this funny, charming,appealing,but yet a little predictable, and briefly bland(like you know what's going to happen) PG rated kids animated comedy I gave a four(out of five stars)star rating, an A -, and an ON 4 kids 5+.
Kid, 7 years old May 15, 2010

Did The Cat Cuss

I Wonder What The Cat Said When It Was Fancy Bleeped Out Ignore the On Iffy Off/ Age Stuff
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky April 30, 2010

Just as great as 1 AND 2!!!!!

There aren't many movies where you can make 3 of them and they all rock but it's happened again. Shrek 1 & 2 & 3 are great... all time favorites!
Adult Written byheddnslp April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
not as funny as the other two
Adult Written bypet_lover April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Bad, bad,bad movie.

Stay away from it!
Written byAnonymous March 3, 2013

iffy for 12 & Under.

Shrek & Fiona are having sex in bed but not scene. They have baby in the film. The Violence is also in it. The Language are at PG Rating Level. There is also Drinking, Drugs, & Smoking is in this.
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011

Language is Crap!!!!!

One thing I hate the most in this movie is the language. They say lots of bad words like "Butt", "Poop", "Stupid", "A--", "Twit", "royally beeped" and "looser". This movie is the only shrek movie that is boring.
Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2010
i really loved the movie and there was nothing wround with it. there was however SOME very little cartoon violence