All teen and kid member reviews for Shrek the Third

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 12, 2010

Another Step Down

Ah, Shrek, a great family classic of our time. Of course, it's filled with burps and the like while no one says excuse me, but then my tomboy half steps into play and I laugh. (I know, I need help) Shrek 2, being not as good as the first but still good. Then came another step down the ladder. Well, more of a slip and fall. It's called Shrek the Third. I sat down in the theater with my parents. We grabbed us some popcorn and a drink (is that stuff expensive or what?) and sat down, ready for what was, hopefully, another great family movie. I was not impressed. My family bought this on DVD soon after the release but I've only seen it 3 or 4 times. This was one of those movies where I had the same expression throughout: a combination of laughter, from typical Dreamworks humor; disappointment, from this movie not being nearly as good as the first two; and a touch of horror at some of the jokes they put in there. Like I said, I haven't seen this in a couple of years, so I can only remember a few things I kinda disapproved of, although I'm sure there were more. First off, one of Fiona's friends, also one of Cinderella's stepsisters, fits the name she's usually given. I use the term "she" lightly. For all those who are wondering, yes, it is a girl. Its name is Doris. I forgot its name until I read it in the Commonsense review, but there is no way I'd forget that face. She looks like a guy with lipstick. She scares me. But the first thing I really disapprove of is in the middle of the movie, when a women are shown burning a bra. Excuse me, that's disgusting! The worst thing I can remember is when Shrek is lying in bed and Donkey bursts in the room. He starts shouting for Shrek to "rise and shine!" Then he pulls off the covers and Shrek is wearing... well, I'm not going there. We don't see anything, but I still don't like it. Cross your fingers, Shrek 4 is coming out May of 2010. Oh, boy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011

Hilarious movie! great for the whole family!
Teen, 13 years old Written byerik252 May 1, 2010

great family movie parent will be happy that they took out the minor profanity but in all funny great for every one
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

Very disappointing. If you don't want to see the stupider "Shrek" films, stop at "Shrek 2". If you want to see Shrek's kids...watch this one.

My rating: PG for some brief mild crude humor and comic animated violence.
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

Um, Bad....

I hated this movie. I love Shrek and i've even seen Shrek the Musical, but this movie wasn't as good as the previous ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak June 1, 2010

Third Shrek in series is funny and good, but as funnny and good as the first two Shrek films!

(Shrek The Third) is the third film that's mostly times the charm, and twice the laughs too! The order of the Shrek films for me are: Shrek 2, Shrek 1, and then Shrek The Third. Shrek The Third is a nice, charming, funny and a very appealing PG rated animated comedy that's great 4 kids ages 5+ and appealing for adults. Some brief suggestive humor and mild cartoonish action/violence occur in this funny, charming,appealing,but yet a little predictable, and briefly bland(like you know what's going to happen) PG rated kids animated comedy I gave a four(out of five stars)star rating, an A -, and an ON 4 kids 5+.
Kid, 7 years old May 15, 2010

Did The Cat Cuss

I Wonder What The Cat Said When It Was Fancy Bleeped Out Ignore the On Iffy Off/ Age Stuff
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky April 30, 2010

Just as great as 1 AND 2!!!!!

There aren't many movies where you can make 3 of them and they all rock but it's happened again. Shrek 1 & 2 & 3 are great... all time favorites!
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011

Language is Crap!!!!!

One thing I hate the most in this movie is the language. They say lots of bad words like "Butt", "Poop", "Stupid", "A--", "Twit", "royally beeped" and "looser". This movie is the only shrek movie that is boring.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 January 31, 2011

Not as good as the previous ones

Shrek the Thrid lost some of its charm from the first two movies, but nevertheless it's still a good movie. There's still crudeness like in the previous films, but kids will like it. As for sex, there's one scene where Fiona and Shrek are sleeping in the same bed together. Also, there's an innuendo when Donkey asks Shrek where babies come from, and Puss says, "When a man has certain feelings for a woman..." but he's cut off by Shrek. It's a good movie, but it's not as good as the first two.
Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2010

i really loved the movie and there was nothing wround with it. there was however SOME very little cartoon violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 May 30, 2010

eh...

Eh... first and second are way better. The only part of this i actually really like is the princess part and Shrek saying "all up in your grill" etc. The fourth doesn't look too good... Yes it is implied that Shrek is naked, in bed with Fiona, but nothing is shown. Worth seeing, worth buying (of course!), but does not compare to the first two.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 30, 2010

"You my friend are royally *******************************"

Not exactly 'appropreate' in some cases. It wasn't as good as the second one, but people make mistakes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPunkchic February 18, 2010

I love this movie and every time I watch it it brings back memories. But it really depends on the parents. When I was six, I wasn't allowed to watch the first shrek. But when I got a little bit older, I watched it. It's really a cute movie. But there is some older humor. There is a guy pretending to be a girl, a mention of a "cute butt", etc. I personally don't think that's for kids 6 and up but once again, it depends how laid back or how strict the parent is. Though it is a really cute movie and will put a smile on your face at the end and the message is sweet overall, despite the little older humor =) So watch with your kids
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

Just as good as all of the other ones

This movie was really funny and had no adult content whatsoever and I think that all kids will love this movie from ages 8+
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Bad, bad,bad movie.

Stay away from it!
Kid, 8 years old November 15, 2011

Shrek the Third

Stupid. The result: STUPID
Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2010

Two Words:The Best

It's a very good movie for the family.This is my favorite shrek movie.I like it,you will like it too!.Just buy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaglynch April 9, 2008

Great movie for kids

This movie was a great movie to go see with the family. It is funny. There is not much to say about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjenlovesyou April 9, 2008