All member reviews for Shutter

Bad script, so-so scares mar Asian horror remake.

Kid, 12 years old September 20, 2010

Good!

I usually don't like the asian remakes. I liked the Ring and The Ring Two, but the rest of them I didn't like. I didn't know if I was going to like this movie or not so I bought it and it was surprisingly very good! I definitely beat out all of my expectation! I wasn't bored for a second of it! mIt was really good! PS. The ending was amazing!!!!
Adult Written byPoefan October 14, 2009

Just plain bad

Really bad American remake that totally gives the original a bad name. I am sick of this watered-down PG-13 crap that America is spewing out these days, where is the real horror? This movie contains like one "f" word and some violence, and also a non-graphic sex scene. If you want to see something scary, watch the original.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 19, 2011

don't get the thai version

this movie is really scary but don't get the thai version because you have to read the headings and the movie is so interesting that you don't want to read the headings
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2010

If you don't like ghosts...This isn't the movie for you

Very enjoyable Thriller, However not good for kids. Unless you don't mind you kids seeing pictures of ghost and men being thrown out winds and worm like creatures coming out of a dudes mouth, then I recommend watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballlover June 9, 2010

Older Kids!

I really like it! Really is a good spoke!
Teen, 14 years old Written byspickolick August 20, 2009

Perfect for 13 or older

This is a great horror movie for anyone who likes Japanese remake films. It had some stuff, leading up to sex, that would be uncomfortrble to watch with my mom, but it really was an amazing movie with great special effects. It reminded me of the uninvited and a toned-down version of the grudge.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2009

14A-Disturbing Content, Not Reccomended for Children, language= bad horror movie

This is one of those movies that are very low on scares, boring, and act like a sleeping pill.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymilkandhoney May 9, 2011

terrible

i think nobody should watch it personally the storyline is a bit off and it's not scary considering the sexual parts...not that bad but still probably not the best for young kids laughing my head off as i watched it
Adult Written byashadoodle April 9, 2008

So-So Scary Movie

In terms of horror, it was hit and miss. Not terribly scary, but big plot twists and gross situations (rotting corpse, obsessive ghost.) The final plot twist really makes the movie. Know your child. If they're not ready for death, insanity, and a little gore, keep them home. If they're comfortable, it's an ok movie. Not great, but ok.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 7, 2011

i liked this movie.it wasn't gorey but it was still scary.it really keeps you watching.its really good
Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2009

Just sick and disturbing

This movie is sick and retorded almost everone dies in guremes ways. I had bad dreams for days. No one under 13 should watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysimone_22 April 9, 2008

This is a really good movie! It is scary, but in a good way. I think that teens can take the fright of this movie. Even though this movie is scary throughout, the final scene is accually funny! The whole theature was laughing! I recomend this movie to anyone ages 12+

daddy long legs 12 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this movie is pretty good but there is some stuff in it so i recomend 10 and up just no what your kids can handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhse987 April 9, 2008

good scary movie

After a car accident, a photographer and his new wife begin to see images of a dead girl in his photos while on a trip to Japan. The wife eventually begins to investigate why this girl is haunting them and realizes that her husband has a secret past with her. It is an overall good movie. I would say know your kid and if ghosts and gruesome images scare them, this probabaly isn't the right movie to take them to.
Adult Written bysassy21 April 9, 2008

Don't like it
Adult Written byelizabeth hassell April 9, 2008

I like movie watch on tv

please send movie thankyou Signed elizabeth hassell christina.hassell@yahoo.com