Suspenseful Shyamalan movie has extreme tension and peril.

Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2010

good but scary

extremely good movie but still very scary
Teen, 14 years old Written byRivern September 30, 2010

Suspenseful Alien Flick

Mel Gibson has always been somewhat of an acting idol to me, and he fails to disappoint me in this movie. The fact that he made the father seem so real amazes me -- not many actors could pull off his part as beautifully as he did. However, Gibson isn't the only genius in this work of art. Shyamalan has created a strangely touching alien flick in which I thought to be virtually impossible. Brilliantly portrayed through series of brilliant actors, he has really outdone himself this time with the release of Signs. Both smart and intriguing, this must be the best of all movies relating to extra terrestrials I have ever seen. The scariest asset of all in this movie is the unknown; you can never quite tell what is around the corner and what it's all about, making it a most enjoyable experience. A message to parents: This isn't violent or as bad as some younger children around here are trying to tell you it is; most are not allowed to see anything above this age level and are trying to seem cool. The language is moderately coarse, yet it never gets out of hand. It's nothing your child/children don't hear in public or at school. This may give your child/children nightmares or scare them, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under eleven or twelve, as there are a few disturbing scenes such as two kids finding the corpse of a dog with a grill fork lodged in its neck. (not bloody or too disturbing) A message to kids: If you are sensitive to death or have had certain horrors in your past such as witnessing someone you love die or are frightened by many things, I would recommend waiting until you are older to view this film. It will not give you comfort and it will not bring warmth to you, only an odd feeling of insecurity and suspense. Suggested MPAA Rating: Rated PG-13 for Language, Thematic Elements, Scary Situations and Some Disturbing Images.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byheather.parker December 13, 2010

Waiting till they're older

I thought this was a great movie, but a little scary for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymichaelmetzger February 5, 2015

Signs movie review

Parents need to know that Signs is an excellent movie, but at times very scary. The movie runs with good messages, storylines, role models, and acting. However, this film will definitely scare children under 13 years of age, maybe 12 too. What makes this movie scary is the unexpected jump-scares that will happen randomly throughout the film. Since this movie is aliens, there are a few frightening scenes, such as a scene where a father is in his daughter's room talking with her late at night. He eventually looks up at the roof of a house outside, and sees an alien on it, starring at him. Also, there is a scene where the father goes to a friend's house to investigate, and a green hand with razor-sharp claws reach under the door, trying to grab him. This movie is more for adults and teens, not children how are under 13 or 12.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2010
It wasnt scary at all. A few people in the comments are saying its "scary" If your like 7 yeah maybe. But yeah, its not scary at all, and is very good.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Perfect for 11 year olds

This is a great movie. Some parts can be creepy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFlowers4You October 27, 2015

A Fine Fictional Flick

This is a really good movie. It's a sci-fI alien movie about a family (The Hess family—Bo, who I think is 5-7, Morgan, who seems about twelve or thirteen, their father, Graham, and Graham's brother, Merrill) who finds crop circles on their farm in Buck's County, "45 miles west of Philadelphia," and then happens to be one of the victims of an alien apocalypse. The general movie (except for about 20-45 minutes of it) isn't that scary, if it wasn't the music. There is a couple argument scenes, where the father yells at Bo and Morgan. There is also a scene where Merrill hits an alien with a baseball bat, and the alien's skin burns, which is rather disturbing (the alien appearances are disturbing), as well as a death (no gore or blood), and a death of a dog being stabbed. It isn't that gory though. Some mild brief language, such as "kill." There ARE bad words, "f'ck" is referred to but said as "I said the F word a couple times,". There is also one "bastard," same as the "I said the f word" scene. "Shit" is used once, "B'TCH" once, and two "ass”and "bullshit" as well, but they are brief. All in all, Signs is an excellent movie for young teens and mature older kids. The best age range would be about 11-15.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 11, 2011

Scary and fun.

Violence- 8/10 Good Messages- 9/10 Good Role Models- 10/10 Overall Quality- 9.5/10
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2014

Signs of a great movie

A great movie not showing blood and horror like today's horror movies it has a great message of believing. This movie deserves 5 stars from the first sentence to the last.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp April 4, 2011

great movie!

Wow. PG-13 for "scariness"? That's not the real MPAA Rating! real mpaa rating: PG-13 for some frightening moments. Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for frightening moments, some violence, and intense peril.
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2010
this is the most innapropriate movie ive ever seen. its like paul blart, wich should have a higher rating, but its not good at all. it has at least a dozen cuss words(most of them are on the strong side) and it has violent and frightening images like a dog with a pitchfork in its chest and dried blood on it, or a car crash scene. not for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdept August 22, 2010

The Scariest Things are Those You Don't See...

Signs is probably the scariest movie I've ever seen. It's actually not violent. The most graphic scene was when we see a knife sticking out of a dog, but the actual stabbing isn't shown. You see characters faces, but you rarely see what terrifies them. And that makes it all the scarier. The best part of this movie isn't the creepiness, (though Shymalan does an excellent job with it,) it's the message. This is, in many ways, a religious movie. (Shymalan isn't a Christian (too my knowledge,) but he does respect the idea of providence, which plays a large part in his thriller.) I think that that actually strengthens this film. It adds a whole lot of depth to the characters, and helps the story. I personally loved this movie, and think that it is worth seeing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMichael Ryan Metzger March 30, 2016

Signs-Emotional, Funny, and Scary

Signs is a film by M. Night Shyamalan that was made in 2002. The movie is really good and has a lot important values, such as love, hope, and family. There is no gory violence or blood, but violent characters or creatures are displayed in the film. Dogs will attack there owners out of fear, and humans will wage hand-to-hand combat against terrifying aliens. There is a brief scene of Graham (The Dad) investigating a friends house. He soon discovers that an extraterrestrial is locked inside a small room, and when Graham tries see what is in the room, a green hand with razor-sharp claws reaches under the door, resulting in Graham cutting of the fingers out of complete terror. In various other parts of the movie, violence is inferred. A dog is killed by falling on Graham's son who had a sharp fork in his hand, causing the tool to go into the dog's neck, killing it instantly. At the end of the movie, Merrill (Graham's brother) gets into a vicious fight against an alien. Swearing can sometimes be heard throughout the film, but only a little. Foul language is eased, but words such as f**k, sh*t, ass, and B*tch are used a few times. Another thing to expect in this movie is peril and jumpscares. The scares come when you totally don't expect it, and they are often frightening. For instance, when Graham and his family run into the basement, trying to hide from the aliens, Merrill accidently breaks the light bulb in the room while searching hastily for a pick axe. Once they find a few flashlights in the shelves, Merrill and Graham spot Morgan (Graham's son) standing by a small door in the room. After a few seconds, a black/green hand raises out of the darkness and grabs Morgan, resulting in a Jumpscare because it happens so unexpectedly. Other jumpscares in the movie are to be expected as well. Signs is also very emotional when Graham has dreams about his last chance with his wife after she dies from getting hit by a truck. When Graham and Merrill are confronted by the last alien, Graham's memory of his wife comes back, and viewers are taken through an emotional scene of Graham talking to his wife during her last moments alive. This movie also has good humor as well. Signs is a very good movie, but I wouldn't suggest it for kids who are younger than 14.
Teen, 14 years old Written byanimateddisneyfan May 24, 2015

I did not like this movie! it was too scary and emotional. I would not recommend this movie to somewhat sensitive kids.
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2014

A Very Suspenseful Movie

Signs is about a man named Graham who lives with his son, Morgan, his daughter, Bo, and his brother Merrill. Graham used to be a Priest but lost his faith in God when his wife died in a car accident. Things seem normal until a mysterious crop circle shows up in their corn field. Later in the movie the family sees that crop circles have been appearing all over the world. Some people believe it is just a prank while others think its actually aliens. In the movie Graham questions God and if He exists. At the end of the movie Graham gains his faith back and becomes Priest again. Their is some bad language and scary parts in the movie. I thought that Signs was a great movie though. Beneath all the comedy there was a deeper meaning to the story.
Adult Written byTracyeMay August 14, 2010

Very suspenseful. Supernatural. Sci fi

Disturbing plot. Scary. Don't see any real violence, other than the dog being stabbed. Just very very suspenseful. Characters do jump out. My favorite M Night. Joaquin Phoenix does an amazing job, even though Mel Gibson is the star.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlizm25 November 1, 2014

Such a good movie!

I saw this move when I was 12 and it was my first "scary" movie. I thought I'd be terrified but this movie was great!!! Enough to give me the chills and be on the edge or my seats but not enough to not sleep again! Not a movie that leaves a yucky feeling and probably the least gory movie I've ever seen. Not only is it just te right amount of creepy, it's got an amazing,creative message in the ending! I would Reccomend this for at least 10 year old probably not any younger because its a little intense and the aliens may frighten younger kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byben16 May 13, 2014

everything happens for a reason

this movie is about a father and a uncle that are raising two kids and find themselves with an alien encounter. the full story is that everything happens for a reason. for example the fathers son has asthma winch actually saved him but the how is a secret. plus a man that lost his faith regains it when a second dramatic experience happens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiami.heat23 May 5, 2014

Signs

Signs was an amazing movie, I would recommend watching it. It about a former preacher that regains faith. He struggles in figuring out if he's a miracle or quinidine man. At first he thinks he's a quincedence man, but in the man he figures out he's a miracle man after defeating alens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 August 12, 2015

Decent alien drama.

Signs is M. Night Shayamalan's second best after The Sixth Sense. Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, Abigail Breslin and Rory Culkin gave believable performances. The film has great tension and suspense. One minor flaw is the alien's weakness: water. The earth's natural resource is water so how? Despite it, Signs is a well made achievement. Grade: A.