All member reviews for Signs

Excellent, but has some extreme tension and peril.

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byheather.parker December 13, 2010

Waiting till they're older

I thought this was a great movie, but a little scary for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRivern September 30, 2010

Suspenseful Alien Flick

Mel Gibson has always been somewhat of an acting idol to me, and he fails to disappoint me in this movie. The fact that he made the father seem so real amazes me -- not many actors could pull off his part as beautifully as he did. However, Gibson isn't the only genius in this work of art. Shyamalan has created a strangely touching alien flick in which I thought to be virtually impossible. Brilliantly portrayed through series of brilliant actors, he has really outdone himself this time with the release of Signs. Both smart and intriguing, this must be the best of all movies relating to extra terrestrials I have ever seen. The scariest asset of all in this movie is the unknown; you can never quite tell what is around the corner and what it's all about, making it a most enjoyable experience. A message to parents: This isn't violent or as bad as some younger children around here are trying to tell you it is; most are not allowed to see anything above this age level and are trying to seem cool. The language is moderately coarse, yet it never gets out of hand. It's nothing your child/children don't hear in public or at school. This may give your child/children nightmares or scare them, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under eleven or twelve, as there are a few disturbing scenes such as two kids finding the corpse of a dog with a grill fork lodged in its neck. (not bloody or too disturbing) A message to kids: If you are sensitive to death or have had certain horrors in your past such as witnessing someone you love die or are frightened by many things, I would recommend waiting until you are older to view this film. It will not give you comfort and it will not bring warmth to you, only an odd feeling of insecurity and suspense. Suggested MPAA Rating: Rated PG-13 for Language, Thematic Elements, Scary Situations and Some Disturbing Images.
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2010

good but scary

extremely good movie but still very scary
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2010

It wasnt scary at all. A few people in the comments are saying its "scary" If your like 7 yeah maybe. But yeah, its not scary at all, and is very good.
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2010

this is the most innapropriate movie ive ever seen. its like paul blart, wich should have a higher rating, but its not good at all. it has at least a dozen cuss words(most of them are on the strong side) and it has violent and frightening images like a dog with a pitchfork in its chest and dried blood on it, or a car crash scene. not for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdept August 22, 2010

The Scariest Things are Those You Don't See...

Signs is probably the scariest movie I've ever seen. It's actually not violent. The most graphic scene was when we see a knife sticking out of a dog, but the actual stabbing isn't shown. You see characters faces, but you rarely see what terrifies them. And that makes it all the scarier. The best part of this movie isn't the creepiness, (though Shymalan does an excellent job with it,) it's the message. This is, in many ways, a religious movie. (Shymalan isn't a Christian (too my knowledge,) but he does respect the idea of providence, which plays a large part in his thriller.) I think that that actually strengthens this film. It adds a whole lot of depth to the characters, and helps the story. I personally loved this movie, and think that it is worth seeing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byanimateddisneyfan May 24, 2015

I did not like this movie! it was too scary and emotional. I would not recommend this movie to somewhat sensitive kids.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byThe Big E August 15, 2011

My 11 Year Old's All Time Favorite Movie

This is my eleven year old daughter's "all-time favorite movie," and has been since she first saw it at age 8. It is truly unique among alien invasion movies because it's not really about the aliens at all, or their amazing technology, or their horrid plans for the planet - its about people, and about faith, and about how God never abandons us, even when we think He has, or even when we wish He would. Be warned, hereafter, there be spoilers. Graham Hess is a Pastor who has rejected his faith because of the pointless death of is wife, but who still has two kids to raise, both of whom have issues of their own. His son suffers from asthma - which both nearly kills him and saves his life before the movie is over, and his daughter has some obsession or phobia which results in her leaving glasses of unconsumed water all over the house because they're "contaminated." In the end, it's her phobia which may save them all. Tying it all together is Graham's brother, a washed up minor league baseball player known for both his monumental home-runs and his colossal strike-outs, who, in my opinion, provides far more strength both to Graham and his children than any of them realize. (Oh, and by the way, you'll never look at static interference on a baby monitor the same way again.) The movie does provide some genuinely scary moments and overall has a tense atmosphere which plays heavily on the fear of the unknown. Some of it might bother younger children (though I think the talk about the stabbed dog is overblown - and as I inferred above, it certainly didn't bother my daughter when she was 8), but for older children it's a powerful movie about love and faith - not losing it in the face of disaster, and re-finding it in the face of Grace.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 11, 2011

Scary and fun.

Violence- 8/10 Good Messages- 9/10 Good Role Models- 10/10 Overall Quality- 9.5/10
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp April 4, 2011

great movie!

Wow. PG-13 for "scariness"? That's not the real MPAA Rating! real mpaa rating: PG-13 for some frightening moments. Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for frightening moments, some violence, and intense peril.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Perfect for 11 year olds

This is a great movie. Some parts can be creepy.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Great Movie

This is on my must see list for everybody. Great Ending.
Adult Written byMindypin April 9, 2008

Great Movie!

Excellent directing - amazing movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymichaelmetzger February 5, 2015

Signs movie review

Parents need to know that Signs is an excellent movie, but at times very scary. The movie runs with good messages, storylines, role models, and acting. However, this film will definitely scare children under 13 years of age, maybe 12 too. What makes this movie scary is the unexpected jump-scares that will happen randomly throughout the film. Since this movie is aliens, there are a few frightening scenes, such as a scene where a father is in his daughter's room talking with her late at night. He eventually looks up at the roof of a house outside, and sees an alien on it, starring at him. Also, there is a scene where the father goes to a friend's house to investigate, and a green hand with razor-sharp claws reach under the door, trying to grab him. This movie is more for adults and teens, not children how are under 13 or 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlizm25 November 1, 2014

Such a good movie!

I saw this move when I was 12 and it was my first "scary" movie. I thought I'd be terrified but this movie was great!!! Enough to give me the chills and be on the edge or my seats but not enough to not sleep again! Not a movie that leaves a yucky feeling and probably the least gory movie I've ever seen. Not only is it just te right amount of creepy, it's got an amazing,creative message in the ending! I would Reccomend this for at least 10 year old probably not any younger because its a little intense and the aliens may frighten younger kids.
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2014

15A

Violence: Moderate psychological violence. Horror/Scariness: Strongly scary and shocking scenes. Some moderate psychological horror. Language: Infrequent mild language, one reference to strong language. Drugs/Alcohol: None. Sex/Nudity: None, but it is implied that two people are in a relationship. Themes/Topics/Other: Supernatural/Psychological/Suspense Thriller. Some scenes may be very distressing and upsetting for some viewers. This is one of Shyamalan's greatest and finest works!
Teen, 14 years old Written byben16 May 13, 2014

everything happens for a reason

this movie is about a father and a uncle that are raising two kids and find themselves with an alien encounter. the full story is that everything happens for a reason. for example the fathers son has asthma winch actually saved him but the how is a secret. plus a man that lost his faith regains it when a second dramatic experience happens.
Parent Written byCSM Screen name... May 12, 2014

Freaky!!!

Signs is about a man who loses his faith because his wife dies. His family begins to notice crop circles. Aliens invade earth. He begins to realize that maybe there are no coincidences and regains his faith. The quality is ok. You can kinda tell that the aliens are CGI. This movie definetly makes you think.
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2014

A Very Suspenseful Movie

Signs is about a man named Graham who lives with his son, Morgan, his daughter, Bo, and his brother Merrill. Graham used to be a Priest but lost his faith in God when his wife died in a car accident. Things seem normal until a mysterious crop circle shows up in their corn field. Later in the movie the family sees that crop circles have been appearing all over the world. Some people believe it is just a prank while others think its actually aliens. In the movie Graham questions God and if He exists. At the end of the movie Graham gains his faith back and becomes Priest again. Their is some bad language and scary parts in the movie. I thought that Signs was a great movie though. Beneath all the comedy there was a deeper meaning to the story.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiami.heat23 May 5, 2014

Signs

Signs was an amazing movie, I would recommend watching it. It about a former preacher that regains faith. He struggles in figuring out if he's a miracle or quinidine man. At first he thinks he's a quincedence man, but in the man he figures out he's a miracle man after defeating alens.