Kid reviews for Silver Linings Playbook

Offbeat dramedy mixes light and dark; some intense moments.

Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2014

The Silver Linings Playbook is Great!

The only things that are iffy about this movie is the swearing, and mature themes. If your child is mature, and knows not to swear, let them watch it

Teen, 16 years old Written byjb321678 September 21, 2014

A genuinely different but wonderful drama.

The moment Silver Linings Playbook starts, it makes it clear that it is no ordinary film. Silver Linings Playbook treads on thin ice. It has great potential to be a complete disaster. However, with a great screenplay, smooth directing, and some exceptional performances, Silver Linings Playbook delivers. The film does not take its time to let the viewer know about the touchy subjects it handles. The story resolves around a man in his mid thirties named Patrick (Bradley Cooper). The film starts off with Patrick being released from a mental hospital because of his bipolar disorder. 8 months after a unfortunate incident with his wife, Patrick is determined to win his wife's love back. However when he returns home to his parents, he realizes that it won't be that simple. Then Patrick meets Tiffany, (Jennifer Lawrence) a young widow with just as many issues as Patrick. The two eventually develop a friendship and bond that helps the both of them cope with their problems. For the most part, Silver Linings Playbook delivers a hopeful and enduring story that develops as the film progresses. It feels hopeful just as it does depressing. Because of David O' Russell's excellent directing and screenplay, this formula works very well. The film gives the audience a reason to root for the leads but it isn't shy to show just how screwed up they are in the process. It really is a great reflection of just how crazy life can be. The chemistry between Cooper and Lawrence is simply outstanding and this film proves that they both have exceptional acting talent. Because of the subject matter, Silver Linings Playbook is a fairly mature film. There is strong language throughout and some pretty intense sexual references. However, I never felt the film has it there just because. I feel that the maturity of the film adds to the realism of the plot. It deals with some mature subjects, but for the most part it feels justified. Overall, Silver Linings Playbook is a great film that handles some mature themes. For older teens and up, I feel that Silver Linings Playbook can be beneficial entertainment.

Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2014

The best movie of all time.

Silver linings playbook is the story of Pat (Bradley Cooper) who when gets out of a mental institute is determined to get his life back in shape when he meets tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence) a widow with many problems of her own. This great movie mixes dark and light scenes. I watched this movie at 11 years old and was perfectly fine. Silver linings playbook is definitely my favorite movie of all time. And is great for people 13 and older.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetheart May 20, 2014

Silver Linings Playbook

Silver Linings Playbook is a heartfelt movie about two mentally ill people fighting the world and falling in love and giving us a perfect dramedy. It does contain quite frequent swearing most commonly f*ck and sh*t plus sexual references and violence- a scene where Pat (Bradley Cooper) is beating up his parents because of anger issues. This a great movie that gives a important message about the meaning of family and to try your hardest at everything you do.

Teen, 15 years old Written byone direction March 23, 2014

Awsome movie

I really liked Jennifer Lawrence's performance.There is some sexual content, language and brief nudity when the couple is in the shower but I think it's appropriate for 15 year olds and it's nothing a 15 year old can't handle

Teen, 14 years old Written bylildee14143 January 9, 2014

Huge jennifer Lawrence fan

Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 January 2, 2014

Great Dramedy

Intense moments and mature themes and language make this best for older/mature teens

Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Great!!!

Great acting and great storyline! A lot of language and some sexual dialogue and and brief nudity. Positive message. Despite what Common Sense says this it isn't really a dark storyline.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCourtShy September 15, 2013

Mental Illnesses

A lot of swearing but only because the characters have mental illnesses. No actual sex, however it is discussed as one of the characters ways of coping with a difficult loss. These can help people realize the positive and negative ways of coping.Overall a really good movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byNyah Walker August 29, 2013

AMAZING FILM

This movie is one of my favourites, Jennifer Lawrence gives an out standing performance. This movie is really dramatic but is a comedy and young teens/kids won't get. This could be real life drama., this is a oscar winning film and is one of the best out there. Not suitable for kids though.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMackenzie Logan July 26, 2013

Great!

Silver lining play book is a great movie! It's funny, it's dramatic, and the actors are great. I think to watch this movie and really aprieciate it you must have a curtain level of maturity. It is different for any other movie that i have ever seen. I loved seeing jennifer lawence act as a character like that. I deffintly suggest this movie for poeple over the age of 13.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 July 19, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook is a well acted movie with a seamless blend of genres(4.75 out of 5 stars for the EDITED version)

The positives are the superb acting performances (particularly Robert De Niro, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence as they show great depth), the script (well written and has a lot of depth to it), the character development is wonderful (I truly got to know and care about the characters and their emotions), the directing was solid (David O. Russell managed to blend comedy, drama, and romance seamlessly), the music fit the movie perfectly, the storyline is immersive and finally the dance finale was very good (Especially since it focused on the characters and their arcs ). The only negative is that some of the cinematography (camera shots) focuses a little bit too much on Jennifer Lawrence’s body and was unnecessary. Still I would highly recommend this edited film(goodmedia). There is still some use of the word sl-- and some inappropriate clothing in the edited version. Still it's a great movie.:)

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 15, 2013

Great Movie

I watched this movie and I like it. However, it's loaded with profanity. Due to the R rating of the film, I recommend it to older teens and adults only.

Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook

Violence: 3/5 some intense moments beating up, he beats up a naked man no nudity shown some violent yelling and violent swearing. Sex: 3/5 Sexual References. Language: 4/5 F--k and F---king is used a lot and other swear words are used infrequently. Drugs: 2/5 Medication to help mental issues, "crystal meth and crack" is mentioned and alcohol is drunken.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPeythepenguin June 21, 2013

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES

First of all, this movie is AMAZING, one of my favorites. Language is strong but not really constant. Theres one kiss, but a brief flashback does quickly show a bear breast. Some drinking, mostly social.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytotallyclueless May 16, 2013

Jennifer is amazing!

I liked Jennifer in The Hunger Games but this just blew me away. The only "bad" thing about Silver Linings Playbook is that they cuss a lot.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. May 11, 2013

Great, but to mature with topics and swearing

This movie takes a certain level of maturity to enjoy, with understanding of relationships, and letting go. Its not only mature with its topic, F wrod count 30. The violence can be upsetting and hard to watch, as its no worse than a PG-13 movie violence, its still upsetting to watch.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBrianaEscamilla May 10, 2013

Great Movie

This movie hits close to home, since mental illness runs in my family. It's a great insight on what dealing with a disorder is like, for both parties: the ones who have it and the family and friends that are around it. It is very emotional, especially if you can relate to the situation. For some people i know, who do have this illness, feel as though this film is like looking in a mirror. I think this movie did a great job capturing the intensity and emotion. It allows others who may not fully get what bipolar is, understand at least a little bit better. Bipolar is more than having "mood swings" or "episodes". It's alot more deeper and complicated than you can imagine. Wishing people would stop using bipolar as a way to describe someone who is "crazy". Whatever is "crazy" to you, may be absolutely normal to someone else. Hopefully this movie could open up some eyes.

Teen, 16 years old Written bydancegirl3697 April 26, 2013

This Made Me Turn Into A Jennifer Lawrence Fan

I ended up really liking this movie. Its for sure for mature teens and up. It uses the "F" word MANY times! I actually had no idea it was rated R haha. But the stpry line could be a little confusing to follow sometimes, but its a really good movie. Lots of funny moments as well. Hunger Games didnt make me a Jennifer Lawrence fan...THIS movie did:)

Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook is great

Silver Linings Playbook is a masterpiece. I love it. It was so well done. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence work great together. The script is compelling. I understand why it was nominated for best picture