All member reviews for Sinister

Terrible Just TERRIBLE

NO. JUST NO. Why would someone want to see something like this
Teen, 16 years old Written bybluecat189 October 14, 2012

Great Movie

Great plot with interesting twists.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybaseball9595 October 12, 2012

SCARY!

I thought this was an extremely good horror movie. It is really scary, and had a really good plot. It is also very violent. It also has the occasional s**t, but that is pretty much it. A good movie for all horror fans
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobster173 October 14, 2012

Great Movie- Too Much for Kids

Sinister is a very well made horror movie, and is better than most from the past couple of years, but it is way too intense for kids. The super 8 death scenes are so realistic and terrifying.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoemily October 28, 2012

Box opens=scream! Scary Part= Only I scream

This movie was great, my friend and I saw it in the theater, we were the youngest people there! Despite being extremely terrifying at parts, there was no sexual content. Some of the family deaths were disturbing, I recommend watching this with an empty bladder. ;) This movie also involves a guy who eats children's souls. So if you don't like that sort of thing...don't watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGrizzlyMig December 23, 2012

SINISTER: Possibly the best horror movie of the 21st Century So Far...

As being an horror aficionado, I was very excited to see Sinister. After seeing it, i my verdict is that it's gt really good stuff in it, but it's got alot of cheesy stuff too. So Sinister is a good psychological horror movie, directed by Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) and stars Ethan Hawke (Before The Devil Knows Your Dead, etc.). This movie has got great suspense and Hawke pulls off his best performance in years. Sinister has got great scares, but some of them are lame and cheap, like several "jump scares", where something pops out to the screen, making short, cheap, but effective scares. Although, it's got also some suspense scenes and clever scares, so it's not appropriate for sensible kids. Overall, Sinister is a very good horror movie, it's got a great story, unlike other horror movies, where the story doesn't advance (this one does) and the mysterious entity Bughuul (a.k.a. Mr. Boogie) is scary as HELL and the diabolical Super 8 foud-footage films of families being murdered in twisted and gruesome ways, like being hanged in a tree or burned inside a car, are very creepy, especially the Lawn Mower scene. If you've seen this movie, you'll know what I mean ;) Sinister is far superior to Paranormal Activity or Insidious
Teen, 14 years old Written byPurdieBoy18 November 20, 2012

DO NOT WATCH!!!

Not worth it. It is just to much violence and horror. I am just 14 and I wouldnt even reccomend it to adults. It is unholy and very demonic. Dont even make it worth your time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPs3gamer2002 February 23, 2013

Do not watch Sinister!

Okay i really think that this movie is not for anyone. It is very scary and seems very demonic. if your a Christian u will not watch this. Its really just inviting demons into your home. Many deaths and gross scenes is not a family movie. Its diff in some video games though. Like Silent Hill is the scariest video game out there.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBughuul February 22, 2013

This movie disappointed me. >_>

This film... wasn't scary. I'm 14, and I thought I was gonna be scared, but I wasn't. Most of it was thriller, not horror, as people thought. The only way this is really scary as such, is that the whole "Demonic possession" and "Eating kids souls" part is a bit disturbing. Though I thought the big whoop about 'Joseph Kony' was similar, where he takes the kids, and makes them kill their parents. God knows what the demon spawn (Bughuul) did to the kids after eating their souls though.. I guess there's not much more to say about this movie, apart from, If you are looking for frights, this isn't what you want, this applies for guts and gore. Horrible Histories is gorier than Sinister, and I wouldn't recommend it. However, if you get scared really easily, and you're looking for frights, then go ahead! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byJackD February 22, 2013

Terrifying Movie

I love this movie in every way. The tone to the whole movie is chilling and very creepy. What you should know is that there is barely any blood in this film, but what you should know is that the super 8 footage in this movie is truly terrifying and contains imagery that will be drilled in your brain.
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2012

SCARES THE HECK OUT OF YOU

its kind of a good movie but really scary
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2013

Boring

The only thing you have to worry about in this movie is violence. The worst part are the v8 videos which show the ways that the family's die. One problem is this movie is boring because they mostly stay in the same place/setting and its kind of predictable.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynekothebizzare August 25, 2013

If it's frights and gore you want, buy something else!

I'm a horror lover (I'm 14), and I saw sinister recently. However, I was disappointed. Don't bother traumatizing your kids out of it with the trailer, the trailer makes it look scarier than it is. I personally don't know why I bothered, because the film was pretty terrible when it comes to quality. There were hardly any gory deaths (just blood), and swearing is only used a few times. Though I would stop and think, because while I didn't find this scary, kids younger than 13 might. There's hints to demonic possession (taking over someone's mind and body) and a demon consuming their soul. Though if it's gore, I wouldn't worry. If it's frights and gore you want, switch films.. I personally was very disappointed. But like I said it depends on the person. i.e. my dad (who doesn't really know I watched it, because I went round a friend's house) found the deaths "nasty" and "unsavoury", and admitted to jumping almost out of his seat at least twice. I however didn't find it scary or disturbing at all (experience probably). It just depends on your take on horror, so I'd say it's suitable for kids at least 13 or 14, but stop and think about how they'd take the compelling topic of someone's soul being taken over/eaten.
Teen, 17 years old Written byblakehunter198 June 5, 2013

Sinister

Great movie! The only real reason for R rating, is blood and violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

GOOD

It was a horror film with an actual storyline. One of the best horror films I've seen, not too graphic but if you're a parent, watch it first, some of what happens could be found mildly disturbing, but like I say it's not too graphic, think about how hard your kid is.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI am cookie monster May 12, 2013

Pretty scary movie

This was a decent movie. I watched it at my friend's house on netflix- during the day. I'm 13 so i think as long as you don't get scared easily it's an ok movie for anyone from 13-15+. I am actually glad that I saw this during the day because it's pretty scary. There is also very bloody violence, alchohol and tobacco use, and some strong language. In all honesty there's better, though.
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2013

epic

it has a edge of your seat kind of thing it sucks you in and you just want to no more about this girl and stuff
Teen, 15 years old Written byIamSherlocked January 22, 2015

Terrible

Sinister is not for kids. It has very strong imagery and also has a lot of jump scare noises. It also had a few swear words but not many.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylizzie_lauren October 4, 2014

This movie was really good!

I loved this movie because not only was the plot interesting, but it also had a considerable amount of jumpy and scary scenes! I like the way that the movie ends on a negative point because it increases the scariness. Pretty much a perfect horror movie.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2014

DON'T WATCH IT

its really scary and gory and really disturbing. I could have thrown up. It is just awful. AWFUL!!!!