All member reviews for Sinister

Teen, 14 years old Written bybaseball9595 October 12, 2012

SCARY!

I thought this was an extremely good horror movie. It is really scary, and had a really good plot. It is also very violent. It also has the occasional s**t, but that is pretty much it. A good movie for all horror fans
Teen, 14 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 October 12, 2012

Terrible Just TERRIBLE

NO. JUST NO. Why would someone want to see something like this
Teen, 16 years old Written bybluecat189 October 14, 2012

Great Movie

Great plot with interesting twists.
Teen, 17 years old Written byblakehunter198 June 5, 2013

Sinister

Great movie! The only real reason for R rating, is blood and violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byteen April 25, 2014

dark, depressing

some horror movies are fun to watch with a friend (insidious is a good example) for some jump scares and popcorn, but this movie (even though it has jump scares) is very dark and depressing. the ending is dark and the murders on the super eight films are disturbing. even when they are having dinner there is only 1 light on for some reason. Not a fun horror movie. Not even really all that scary, just violent depressing and dark. I wouldnt watch this no matter how old you are
Teen, 15 years old Written byone direction March 23, 2014

Scary Movie

Don't let kids under 16 watch this, it is very scary and I think younger teens will find this scary for them/
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

GOOD

It was a horror film with an actual storyline. One of the best horror films I've seen, not too graphic but if you're a parent, watch it first, some of what happens could be found mildly disturbing, but like I say it's not too graphic, think about how hard your kid is.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI am cookie monster May 12, 2013

Pretty scary movie

This was a decent movie. I watched it at my friend's house on netflix- during the day. I'm 13 so i think as long as you don't get scared easily it's an ok movie for anyone from 13-15+. I am actually glad that I saw this during the day because it's pretty scary. There is also very bloody violence, alchohol and tobacco use, and some strong language. In all honesty there's better, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPs3gamer2002 February 23, 2013

Do not watch Sinister!

Okay i really think that this movie is not for anyone. It is very scary and seems very demonic. if your a Christian u will not watch this. Its really just inviting demons into your home. Many deaths and gross scenes is not a family movie. Its diff in some video games though. Like Silent Hill is the scariest video game out there.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGrizzlyMig December 23, 2012

SINISTER: Possibly the best horror movie of the 21st Century So Far...

As being an horror aficionado, I was very excited to see Sinister. After seeing it, i my verdict is that it's gt really good stuff in it, but it's got alot of cheesy stuff too. So Sinister is a good psychological horror movie, directed by Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) and stars Ethan Hawke (Before The Devil Knows Your Dead, etc.). This movie has got great suspense and Hawke pulls off his best performance in years. Sinister has got great scares, but some of them are lame and cheap, like several "jump scares", where something pops out to the screen, making short, cheap, but effective scares. Although, it's got also some suspense scenes and clever scares, so it's not appropriate for sensible kids. Overall, Sinister is a very good horror movie, it's got a great story, unlike other horror movies, where the story doesn't advance (this one does) and the mysterious entity Bughuul (a.k.a. Mr. Boogie) is scary as HELL and the diabolical Super 8 foud-footage films of families being murdered in twisted and gruesome ways, like being hanged in a tree or burned inside a car, are very creepy, especially the Lawn Mower scene. If you've seen this movie, you'll know what I mean ;) Sinister is far superior to Paranormal Activity or Insidious
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoemily October 28, 2012

Box opens=scream! Scary Part= Only I scream

This movie was great, my friend and I saw it in the theater, we were the youngest people there! Despite being extremely terrifying at parts, there was no sexual content. Some of the family deaths were disturbing, I recommend watching this with an empty bladder. ;) This movie also involves a guy who eats children's souls. So if you don't like that sort of thing...don't watch this.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobster173 October 14, 2012

Great Movie- Too Much for Kids

Sinister is a very well made horror movie, and is better than most from the past couple of years, but it is way too intense for kids. The super 8 death scenes are so realistic and terrifying.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykierabob March 29, 2015

good

Personally I didn't think it was that scary.the plot was awesome and there were some great plot twists as well. The violence was mainly in the super 8 films and even then they don't show anything horrific. The contrasts between silence and then a loud noises is what scared me the most.
Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2015

Contains strong threat and violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIamSherlocked January 22, 2015

Terrible

Sinister is not for kids. It has very strong imagery and also has a lot of jump scare noises. It also had a few swear words but not many.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylizzie_lauren October 4, 2014

This movie was really good!

I loved this movie because not only was the plot interesting, but it also had a considerable amount of jumpy and scary scenes! I like the way that the movie ends on a negative point because it increases the scariness. Pretty much a perfect horror movie.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2014

DON'T WATCH IT

its really scary and gory and really disturbing. I could have thrown up. It is just awful. AWFUL!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byzknmc February 18, 2014

great

great
Teen, 14 years old Written byJeffrey9789 December 31, 2013

A very good scary horror film

this is a very good horror it is scary it is terrifying and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I loved this one I totally recommend any horror film fan to watch this one you will love it im going to buy this one on DVD
Teen, 14 years old Written bynekothebizzare August 25, 2013

If it's frights and gore you want, buy something else!

I'm a horror lover (I'm 14), and I saw sinister recently. However, I was disappointed. Don't bother traumatizing your kids out of it with the trailer, the trailer makes it look scarier than it is. I personally don't know why I bothered, because the film was pretty terrible when it comes to quality. There were hardly any gory deaths (just blood), and swearing is only used a few times. Though I would stop and think, because while I didn't find this scary, kids younger than 13 might. There's hints to demonic possession (taking over someone's mind and body) and a demon consuming their soul. Though if it's gore, I wouldn't worry. If it's frights and gore you want, switch films.. I personally was very disappointed. But like I said it depends on the person. i.e. my dad (who doesn't really know I watched it, because I went round a friend's house) found the deaths "nasty" and "unsavoury", and admitted to jumping almost out of his seat at least twice. I however didn't find it scary or disturbing at all (experience probably). It just depends on your take on horror, so I'd say it's suitable for kids at least 13 or 14, but stop and think about how they'd take the compelling topic of someone's soul being taken over/eaten.