Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Sisters

Fun but predictable comedy has swearing, drinking, sex.

Parent Written byDan G. December 18, 2015

Way too much objectionable material to be for kids of any age

The whole movie is one objectionable piece after another. I would not even want my 20 year old daughter to see it. The movie portrays random casual sexual activity as being just fine, illegal drug use is portrayed as all well and good, some of the sexual activity that is portrayed is abusive, and of course, that's OK, too. And, of course, the movie shows that you can have all this "fun", and there are NO consequences! Almost all the humor is sexual related, and when it is not, it is about pooping and peeing. Bad language of the worst kind is used from one scene to the next, stuff that would definitely get your kid thrown out of school if they decided it was OK to use it, as the movie seems to suggest. And finally, some characters use their middle finger to signal their anger at others. What is redeeming about this movie? Values? No. Funny? Yeah, kinda, but at what expense? Having to sit through a bunch of stuff that really should make people blush, not laugh.

Adult Written byA CSM User September 26, 2018

Sisters is a profane, moderately crass comedy with some funny elements to it.

Sisters is a profane, moderately crass comedy with some funny elements to it. It has scenes of moderate sexual content including a graphic sex scene and a man using his penis to paint a wall. A woman pretend to put a baton up her vagina and her bottom. Only nudity in the film is when a man’s bottom is visible while he skinnydips. There is some moderate comic violence presented in a lighthearted manner throughout the film, including scenes of comic peril. However, sisters’ profanity is on a whole other level from the sex and violence, with lots and lots of frequent f-words and s-words. One use of the most graphic word, c**t, and two uses of c********r. Marijuana and cocaine are taken in the film a few times each (seen in graphic detail), and a man lists lots of drugs such as cocaine, heroin, marijuana, weed, etcetera. Sisters is a profane comedy filled with drug use, crude sexual content and language. It is appropriate for teens 15 and up.

Parent Written bymagellian48 January 25, 2016

funniest movie I've seen in a while

I was first hesitant to see this movie because I never really thought Fey was funny, and I hated their movie "Baby Mama". So when I went to see it i was amazed that it was actually really funny. Fey was actually the funniest one! Beware though there are a lot of swearing and their humor is not for kids! If you do not like sick humor do not see this movie! Overall for me I thought it was hilarious and i would recommend if you have a sister to watch this with her you will get a lot of laughs! :)

Adult Written byMoviesarebae January 15, 2016

Nothing We Haven't Heatd Before

This Movie Is A Comedy Starring, Amy Poehler And Tina Fey. You Have To Expect Sexual Refrences and Swearing. Trust Me The Movie Is Ok For around 12 and up. Trust Me All Kids Over 12 Will Be Fine With This Movie. Besides That, The Movie Has A GOOD message, Enjoy Growing Up While It Lasts.

Adult Written byvishnumurali123 January 8, 2016

Had hopes, didn't really show potential

Well what do u expect, it's not the year for comedies. Story was really bland, who gives a crap, about a home, and that's all. Bad role models for kids. This movie is for drunk adults.

Adult Written bycdragonflys January 1, 2016

Makes good role models seem bad!

My two daughters had asked about seeing this, but after seeing alone there is no way! It hits the ground running with drugs, alcohol, and sex references in the first few minutes. Change the main characters from women to men and you have another stereotypical sex & drugs comedy. From multiple images of male genital drawings, to simulated sex acts between people, and even people and inanimate objects, to glamorizing drugs and alcohol, to police who just don't care, you need to take heed for even the maturest teens. All in all it is one stereotype after another. The entire movie revolves not around a house being sold, but around two 40+ year old women who want to recapture their partying teenage years. There is even a mud fight between the two sisters, and in the end the "sisters" parents tell them how much they hate having them as children and that parenting is horrible and not the blessing it is made out to be. The worse message is the "good" sister was made out to b a "boring" teen for doing things like donating to charity, and taking a handicap guy to the prom. Don't get me wrong, if you are 40+ there are lots of scenes you will relate to and laugh at, but if you are younger than there are things you won't get. The couples behind me and beside me could not figure out what Dep Hair Gel was and they were both in their late 20s & 30s. Adults will get the message in the end that you can't go back, and we all have to grow up sometime. Still, it is just not a good movie for kids or teens.

Adult Written bycharlesb2 December 31, 2015

Parent of a 14 year old Written byhybridauth_user 1817 December 25, 2015
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written by3girls520 December 19, 2015

Disagree with 16+

Funny, ADULT movie. Drugs, sexual innuendos galore and language are right up there with the raunchiest rated-R comedies. We had a ladies day out and saw it - lots of laughs, but not for kids/teens.