All member reviews for Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Lots for both kids and adults to enjoy.

Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabix13 December 12, 2012

ok.....

what the hell did i just watch....
Teen, 13 years old Written byKIdX13 February 22, 2009

Fun action movie is tamer than Indy

This is a very fun action movie in the same line as indiana jones, where it's not as violent, it still has issues: 1. Violince includes, guns, rockets, and fist fights, a man is elcticuted into a skeloton, other creepy moments. 2. Language is mild including H--l and D--n. 3. Some sexual humor including implied nudity. Overall this is a fun family film for kids 8 and up!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008

weird

this movie is weird. but it's still pretty cool. the story is really hard to follow. well that's all i have to say.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydana m. April 9, 2008
Parent Written byjwallewein April 27, 2014

Not for Elementry Kids

We just finished watching this movie with my 9 year old son and he hated it. He thought it should be for adults only because it was way too scary for him. He asked me how he was going to get all those scary images out of his head now, especially the man who was killed and turned into a skelton, and the dried up corpse. As adults my husband and I enjoyed the movie, but we feel bad that our son is worried he will have nightmares tonight.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 15, 2012

Enjoy!

This movie is SO COOL! The music is great and the jokes are funny as well.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGreenMaple January 22, 2012

Imaginative

A good movie for a wide age range. "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" is an imaginative and clever movie that's great to watch with a group of friends of different ages.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylady_bug December 12, 2009

rele great unique movie

this movie is very good, and its unusual-there aren't any movies even romotely similar to it. i really liked it and i watch it alot. at the end, joe, the main character, demonstrates selflessness by sacrificing himself to save earth. dex is my favorite character!
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

The first movie I've seen done in a way like this

Extrodinary way it was done but might have be a little to scary and violent for kids under the age of 9.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bymspiggy858 April 9, 2008

Much better than expected, a gem.

The previews for this movie left me thinking that I would never watch this movie, but this weekend I say it on our pay-per-view and thought I'd give it a try. I loved the look of this movie and was quite impressed the whole way through. The story was very imaginative. It's not often that I find a great movie with a PG rating that I'd happily show to my youth group kids. This is a gem indeed.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Great!

Wow! I was surprised by how much I loved this film...it's an extremely underappreciated and highly entertaining sci-fi adventure! Also, the whole visual look of this film was amazing, it always was great eye candy. I'm not sure the general public exactly 'got' this film--it wasn't supposed to be a serious action film, it was campy on purpose, since it was supposed to be like a science fiction tale from the 30's.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

I don't really know how to explain this

I didn't like this movie. It looked so cool in the previews and I was so excited to see it. And then I saw it. I have to say, it is very weird and little kids will not like the big robots threatening the city. It was all too sci-fi for me. Too much stuff about robots. Just not believable.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byMinnesotaLeo January 9, 2013

Highly recommended for kids and adults

My 5 year-old daughter and 7 year-old son loved this movie (as did I). Kids who are very sensitive to "scary" things may find a few parts unsettling (invasion of huge robots, a person being zapped into a skeleton, etc.), but this movie will be appropriate for most children. In fact, many kids will like it because it feels a little more like a movie for older kids/grownups that is nevertheless appropriate for them. Despite other parental reviews indicating parents should "pause" in showing this (which I think was accidental for the most part), there's nothing here that should give most parents reservations about letting their kids watch this (even kids younger than 7 who are not sensitive to a little violence).
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bymommary August 14, 2010

Watch out for the previews!

We got this via Netflix. I have to say I was mortified by the previews that were attached to this movie. Alternating Spongebob movie preview with some raunchy teenage adventure movie previews. Luckily, I was there to hit the "skip" button. Made me nervous for the movie, which was sort of boring, sort of confusing for my 8 yr. old. I'm not sad to send it back.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bydlichota August 7, 2010

Older kids may appreciate the arty look and slow start

7 yr old son thought it was very boring at the start but did eventually warm up to it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylltrue April 9, 2008

Intresting movie...

I watched this last night, and it was very boring to start off. After about 30 minutes into the movie, I liked it. It's all VERY digital and animated. If you don't like that, I wouldn't recommend watching it. Overall, it was bad in any way. I liked it ok.
Adult Written byundiscovered_singer April 9, 2008

MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER

THIS MOVIE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!
Adult Written bydragoonlover April 9, 2008

Great movie

Underrated by critics. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow has a great artistic style and is just plain fun and dashing. A rollicking homage to the old serials.