All member reviews for Skyfall

Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2012

Best move ever

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff121 December 16, 2012

GOod movie of 2012.

Mild violence, mild language, and mild sex.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheDeysion December 15, 2012

Spectacular

My parents, my brother and I went to watch this with one of my family friends (including their 19, 17 and 9 year old kids). I was very exicited to see this movie. It ended up being amazing. I have to give it the rating of On for 13 and up. There was one use of the f-word that was censored in Canada to get a PG rating (which movies like The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey have gotten). Aside from That, There was Some Sexuality at 2 points in the movie, where James Bond Makes out and is implied to have had sex with two women. There is some Violence and At one point James Bond gets accidentally shot but survives (This happens at the beginning of the film and is featured in the trailer, so not really a spoiler). Overall, your 13-year-old should handle it, and my family friends 9 year old daughter had her eyes covered at some points of the movie, So I cant warrant a "Pause for 9 year old" rating for this. Suggested Rating: PG-13 for Violence, Some Sexuality and Brief Lanuage
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 15, 2012

Disappointing James Bond action flick gives SOME thrills

I'm a James Bond fan but was really disappointed by the last bond feature "Quantum of Solace" and after watching this...I can only hope this series gets better. I understand that lots of people are loving this movie and that's good but for me...I just didn't dig it. The pace was really slow, and a lot of times during the movie I almost wanted to fall asleep. Not to say that the film didn't get me invested at times. The cinematography for this movie was beautiful and some of the best I've seen this year, the beginning action scene was awesome and there was a chase scene involving a train station and at one point court room that was really awesome. Otherwise, it just felt like the movie was trying to be "The Dark Knight" of bond movies and (for me) it just didn't work. There's a psychotic villian (that actually works but i'll get to that later), everybody getting killed out of nowhere (you'll see what I'm talking about if you watch it), and video threats. Speaking of video threats there's a whole sub plot about every agent in MI6 that pretty much fades away in the first hour of the movie and if you cut it out it wouldn't even make a difference. I did think Daniel Craig was pretty good as James Bond and Javier Bardem was really good as the villian but his character pretty much ruins a lot of things in the franchise. Overall, like I said there is some redeeming things but otherwise if you ask me...UGH!!! Stay home and watch another bond film (not "Quantum of Solace"). Iffy for 10+
Kid, 12 years old December 8, 2012

Great 4 kids!

great family movie, kids MUST see this movie to pass 4th grade, OR ELSE, they will miss out on a extrodinary adventure!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybatman4567 December 8, 2012

PARENTS THESE DAYS ARE SO OVER PROTECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skyfall is a good movie. Their is some lip action 3 times in the movie but other than that anyone can watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGeneration 14 December 8, 2012

Sexist but Very well done film

I'll give you the pro's and con's Pro's: The Graphics are amazing Bond is shown as a fearless independent person M is a woman (except at the end) which is implying it's not SO sexist. Many more... However Con's: Bonds love interest (forget her name) is a made-up sl-t of a woman, sexist and not a good role-models for girls who don't understand this. Bond is fearless, yes. But some scenes are a bit too un-emotional. (Ex. After he has killed an enemy, bond casually takes his gun and loads it.) Bond does get himself drunk intentionally I hope if you go to see this film with your children you'll enjoy it as much as I did! (Yes, 14 year old girls do know the meaning of punctuation and grammar ;) )
Teen, 14 years old Written byratingpeepsshows69 December 7, 2012

Good Movie... Some Pointers

Overall it was a good movie, but I want to point out a few things: first there are more than a few sex scenes. Second slavery was used in the movie, she gets shot and was beaten. Third there are MANY violent scenes... but it IS a James Bond movie. And this is the first James Bond movie where there was so much swearing, I was so surprised!! As I said I really like this movie but I wouldn't let my younger sister see it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjb321678 December 3, 2012

Great film but some sexual content.

First off, this is a great movie. Out of the three Daniel Craig bond movies this is definitely the best of the three. I was a pretty big fan Casino Royale but for me Quantum of Solace was a pretty big let down. Thankfully, Skyfall is better than both. The film had a excellent opening and very intense and fun to watch action sequences throughout. This really was a big treat for me. Although, that does not mean this is a family movie because it is not at all. Let's start with one of the most iconic things about James Bond: The Sexual Innuendo. This film had two brief but pretty racy sex scenes. One was about 5 seconds while the other was a good 15-20 seconds. Yes, they were brief but they were not innocent. Also one scene felt as if the villain was acting gay with Bond. It was played for humor but it was creepy. Also some language is abound. S*** was used 4-5 times and CSM says F*** was used but honestly, I never heard it. So I'm really not sure but if I could not hear it, it probably does not matter too much. And of course, there was violence but it was never too intense and it was just fun to watch. Yes, this is a great film but some brief and intense sexual content makes it a movie for teens and up.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2012

Awesome movie with tons of action.

Skyfall is a great spy movie with non-stop action and a good story. Anyone who likes action and is older than 10 years old should see it, but it might be too ify for younger kids. Lots of people get shot, there is some sex, f--- and c--k are both said and every other word is bloody so no one under ten should see it. I highly reccomend this movie to teenagers and adults. P.S. if you wont let your kids see this try the bourne legacy, it is similar to skyfall but not as innapropriate.
Kid, 9 years old December 1, 2012

FOR OLDER KIDS!!!!!!!!!

FIGHT,SEX,FIGHT,FIGHT,SEX, ETC.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2012

Just be careful!

I watched this with my parents and some friends and I loved it! Although there was ALOT of sexual scenes. Just be careful!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 November 30, 2012

SF

It's James Bond, do I have to say anything else?
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 27, 2012

Awesome

Great Film, It was really cool and action pack!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysamurai 434 November 27, 2012

007 = awesome

best movie if you are 13 or older. My first 007 movie ever and it was epic! 13 and older you need to see this movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2012

Really great

It was really great. Only one or two passionate kisses. Some smoking and drinks, but other than that it is a really good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 23, 2012

Think On Your Sins

Skyfall is the latest addition to the Bond series and delivers. Daniel Craig is great, as is Judi Dench. Perfect cinematography and direction. Although, the plot is a bit overdone already. Contains some language and a fair amount of violence but nothing a twelve year old cannot handle. A-.
Teen, 15 years old Written byziggyfan November 21, 2012

wonderful movie!

oh my goodness!!! i loved this movie so much. daniel craig is a wonderful james bond, there is no doubt. the other actors and actresses are great also. there is a lot of shooting and normal action/fighting. there's some innuendo and flirting, along with a shower scene and another very short sex scene. no graphic nudity, just mostly bare backs. bond likes his alcohol, and one of the lead females smokes. there's some cussing, like "b----" "s---" and other mild words, but it's fairly infrequent. great movie! bond sets a good example of bravery and being a hero.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJohnem95 November 19, 2012

Bond is back!

Lots of buzz has been surrounding this particular new 007 movie, the 23rd rendition in the Bond franchise, so don't be surprised if your kids or teens will be asking you to take them to see the latest installment. Of course, with this being a Bond movie, there is plenty of violence involving gunfire, stabbings, stranglings, off-screen animals eating humans, and a (POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!) scene in which Bond sticks a knife through his chest to remove bullets which are inside of him. Also, with every Bond movie - there are sexual scenes such as kissing and making out and suggested sexual intercourse, as well as women is somewhat skimpy clothing and some mild flirting as well - and this installment is no different - but it doesn't focus nearly as much on sexuality as say... Casino Royale did. The main villain is suggested to be homosexual as some may think in a particular scene that he's flirting with James in a way. Language isn't too strong, but there is one use of the f-bomb, a few uses of the s-word, b*tch, c*ck, "bloody" as an British term and more - swearing is somewhat frequent compared to the older Bond films, but swearing is pretty infrequent in this one, as well. Products seen or referenced include Sony Vaio computer, several older car brands, etc. There is one drinking scene in which Bond takes a few shots in a bar and supposedly is drunk afterwards - but the movie focuses on the negative consequences of drinking as CS mentions. One of the females Bond has a tension with is seen with a cigarette in her hand several times. Overall, Skyfall is an action-packed Bond movie - it's slightly different than what we're used to seeing, but this one has plenty of memorable great action scenes, a great villain, and a sense of humor at times, as well. So when your kids ask you if you'll take them to Skyfall, make sure they're at least 13 so they can get something out of it - the content isn't too strong, but it is a Bond movie, so there's plenty of violence, sex, drinking, etc. But 13 and over should be just right for this Bond.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySevares99 November 18, 2012

Loved it, loved it, loved it!

The movie was excellent. It was my first time watching a James Bond, and I loved it! I don't feel that it would deter anyone above the age of 12-13. There were some very suggestive scenes, about as far as you can take it without an R rating. All in all a great movie for those starting the Bond experience!