All member reviews for Skyfall

Teen, 14 years old Written bySt33p3t November 11, 2012

Skyfall...

Skyfall, the new Bond film. I saw this film yesterday, I was very excited as the hype up to the movie was massive. I was not disappointed. It is in a different style to the other two recent Bond films (Casino Royale and Quatum of Solace) but I personally think it is better, maybe even the best Bond yet. Silva (the bad guy) is played very well, an excellent performance. It doesn't have as much sex and bad language as the other films but is still recognisable as a Bond film. All performances were great, I especially liked the Q as he is different to the previous ones. This is suitable for most kids but they have to be mature enough to understand a lot of the film. Look out for the twist at the end :) This film is amazing.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2012

Brilliant Film

Great film for anyone who likes action. In my opinion Bond is the best series of action movies around and Sky Fall is the best on yet. Just to warn you though younger children shouldn't watch this film as it includes some inappropriate language and booze.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretMeVladimir November 8, 2012

Skyfall BEST

Best movie ever!
Parent Written byctjbush November 25, 2012

Thumbs up for Bond, James Bond

This is another high-action, fast-paced James Bond movie that the spy's fans will really enjoy. This is much better than Quantum Solace and on par with Casino Royale, which was a good Bond thriller. Just don't arrive late for Skyfall, since the first 10 minutes are a fantastic roller-coaster.
Parent Written byDan G. November 20, 2012

Whoa, NOT for children!

A movie where the hero practices irresponsible sexual activity and violently kills others is no children's movie. If you do not want your son emulating James Bond, or your daughter secretly wanting to have one-night stands with bad boys, you best not take your children under the age of 18 to see this movie. There is intense violence, torture, casual sexual encounters with multiple partners, as well as vulgar language.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byDavidhp7 March 29, 2013

Skyfall

Great film let my nine year old son see it we both loved it
Teen, 13 years old Written byzkirku March 17, 2014

Good action! Bad ending.

Great action but there is some blood. The cussing overall isn't that bad, no f bomb, but there is a couple s words. The story is ok but Bond does all this work and (SPOILER WARNING) m dies in the end which was really dumb. There is two scenes of passionate kissing where Bond and his lady are naked, but nothing is shown. Overall, good Bond movie with great action, but not that great story.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 13, 2013

13 and up.

skyfall is the best james bond action/adventure movie ever good for your young teens to watch but parents you need to know that skyfall has a lot of intense violence shown such as strangling, gunfire, point-blank shootings, an execution, huge explosions, hand-to-hand combat, stabbings, car/train crashes and more there are lots of sexual innuendo and sex scenes shown but nothing explicit there's also some mild language used and some social drinking and smoking used such as a martini and cigarettes.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg November 16, 2012

12 year old point of view

i am 12 and my mom and my dad went with me to watch skyfall. There were some parts when my mom made me close my eyes... Lol. It was a really awesome movie! Kinda violent... But not as violent as the hunter games. Sadly, there werent any kids in the movie.. Its not a kids movie but its not a restricted adult / teen movie either. I think that 12 is old enough to watch but 11 is a bit iffy.
Parent Written byMr. Mario November 29, 2012

Skyfall

Superb! Best Bond Movie in the Franchise! 9/10
Parent Written byMoral Parent November 23, 2012

Beware of sexual content

Warning: This reviewer is way off on age appropriateness with regard to sexual content. James Bond is definitely for more mature audiences.
Parent Written byAspi November 21, 2012

Tough, muscular, great fun

Adult Written bychristian2011 November 18, 2012

Possibly the best out of the 3 sequels.

Skyfall is another great, very well acted, action packed thrill ride with surprising twists. The violence can be intense at times, but there's some blood and that's about it (no gore or anything related to that matter). Language is not really an issue, just few uses of d*mn, h*ll, and 4-5 uses of sh*t. James Bond is seen having sex with two women but there's no clear visuals of nudity, only very brief nudity, and there's scenes of some characters drinking and participating in social events wearing provocative dresses, but that's normal in the James Bond franchise. Never the less, Skyfall is a great action thrill ride in which will leave the family waiting for more. You will be satisfied.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul October 7, 2013

Best movie ever

BEST MOVIE for teens
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2013

what do you expect

what do you expect its an 007 movie that mean s its going to be violent.but it gives a positive message and role model.its the best 007 movie
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2013

Great film for 11 or 12 year olds

This is a brilliant film i watched it about a week ago and i thought it was brilliant. There is swearing and violence in it but my mum and dad let me watch it. My little sister is only 7 but is as clever as a few 9 year old's in my school and my parents let her watch it. To be honest I would say if you don,t want swearing or violence then you should probably be 12 to watch it.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2013

Awesome Movie!!

This movie is AWESOME!! Ok I put pause for 11+ because im eleven and i had to close my eyes for the sex scenes. My 8 yr old sister did see some of it but not much and she didnt really pay attention, so if there are younger kids that want to see this I think that would be ok, but just cover there eyes. Obviously, theres a lotta violence, but nothing that 11+ cant handle (depending on the kid because I LOVE scary movies). There is a lot of innuendo and some bad scenes but they dont last long and just cover your eyes! There is SO MUCH CONSUMERISM!!! It was crazy! There is a lot of drinking and some drugs/smoking and refrences to taking drugs, but it doesnt effect how awesome this movie is! Definitely go see it!!
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2012

Just be careful!

I watched this with my parents and some friends and I loved it! Although there was ALOT of sexual scenes. Just be careful!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 27, 2012

Awesome

Great Film, It was really cool and action pack!
Parent Written byShivom Oza November 21, 2012

Skyfall (2012) Review by Shivom Oza – Mendes Puts Substance Into The Everlastingly Stylish ‘BOND’

James Bond films, in their 50th year and with ‘Skyfall’ being their 23rd film, are currently the longest running franchise in the history of cinema. With Academy-award winning director Sam Mendes helming the project, ‘Skyfall’ has been touted to be the game changer as far as espionage thrillers are concerned. In the film, Agent 007 returns to protect the MI6 head, M, from one of her adversaries. The screenplay of the film is immensely engaging. There’s not much beating around the bush and the plot stays to the point till the end. Daniel Craig has delivered his best performance as James Bond, while Judi Dench, whose character M is way more significant than it has been in the other films of recent times, does a brilliant job. Javier Bardem cuts across as one of the most menacing Bond villains. The opening chase sequence, shot in Turkey, pulls up the curtains for an entertaining two hours ahead. The opening credits, voiced by Adele and comprising ethereal signature ‘Bond’ visuals, also wonderfully shape the start of the film. The film, albeit more of an action-thriller rather than a typical Bond affair, is a refreshing take on James Bond films and will certainly be liked by audiences all over. MI6 agents, James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Eve (Naomie Harris), who are on a mission in Turkey to recover a stolen computer hard drive comprising details of all undercover NATO agents in terrorist organizations, fail to nab the criminal Patrice (Ola Rapace), a French mercenary. On the chase, Bond is shot in the shoulder and during his altercation with Patrice, is accidentally hit by Eve and is considered “missing, presumed killed”. MI6, meanwhile, gets attacked by a terrorist organization. The security systems of the organization get hacked and an explosion at the offices kills a number of employees. Bond, who has been using death to take a break from his usual services, returns to London to get back on duty. Upon learning about Patrice’s location, he flies to Shanghai where he kills him, and another clue takes him to Macau. Here Bond meets Sévérine (Bérénice Marlohe). What Bond thought would end up as a short-lived romantic liaison, turns out to be his own abduction. The gorgeous Sévérine is an employee of Raoul Silva (Javier Bardem), a former MI6 agent, now M’s principal nemesis. The war is pretty much declared as Silva, playing the eccentric villain, can go to any extent to get M, and now his newfound foe, Bond. The screenplay of the film deserves a lot of accolades. The film revolves around M, Bond and Silva, and it stays that way. Although there are important characters on the side lines, such as Ralph Fiennes’ Gareth Mallory, Naomie’s Eve and Ben Whishaw’s Q, the story belongs to the three principal characters. Bardem is a maverick, who hides the horrors of his past behind his fake smile. He cuts across as an excellent villain in the film. Although, you look at him as the antagonist, your heart does go out to him when you learn about his painful past. The character of Raoul Silva stays with you long after the film gets over. Daniel Craig gives, by far, his best performance as Agent 007. Although he opts to stay as understated as he was in the previous two films, the character has notched up some wit and upped the action quotient as well. Judi Dench, with a remarkably long role in the film, does a fine job. ‘Skyfall’ does not follow the typical Bond films’ route. Although it’s as action-packed as its predecessors, the story assumes equal importance. Logical conclusions be damned, this film keeps you gripped not just for its ‘action’, ‘gadgets’, ‘bond girls’ etc., but the ‘plot’ and ‘performances’ as well. Sam Mendes has made a fine Bond film and this will, hopefully, set the precedent for all future ‘action-thrillers’. Writers, Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and John Logan, deliver a fairly taut story. The visuals are augmented, thanks to brilliant cinematography (Roger Deakins) and production designs (Dennis Gassner). The film has its thrills, here and there. The finale, although not as spectacular as the beginning, has a big, big twist. Watch the film to find out. Sam Mendes’ stupendous direction puts substance into what was everlastingly stylish, ‘BOND’! Shivom Oza