All teen and kid member reviews for Skyline

Teen, 13 years old Written bythe greenguy3 April 13, 2011

very good movie edge of the seat lots of sci fi action but suckish ending
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2013

Confusing

The plot is great, but not for those who try to completely understand whats happening. The movie may be confusing for some people, which makes it less interesting. Overall good, but still left me with a lot of questions.
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2013

Not much of a plot

This film had no clear plot and was based on an alien invasion that the main characters knew little about. The special effects were good, and the aliens were fairly realistic, but the movie could be a little boring at times (especially the start) and left you hanging at the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byConor Coyle January 6, 2013

Why The Bad Reviews?

I thought this was brilliant, the special effects were amazing so I don't know why everyone's saying the effects are stupid. Great just like Jaws, Jurassic Park, Avatar etc. So I give this a 5/5 for great effects, story and a surprising ending!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 25, 2012

hold on to your brains!

this overly awesome film is packed with all the disturbing action you would find in a film called Skyline. the violence includes missile, bombs, guns, freaky aliens, destruction, abducting people, and several grisly alien scenes with human brains shown on screen. aliens eat peoples brains.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCriticalMovieRater01 October 9, 2011

My Personal Skyline Review

Honestly, one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The graphics were good, but the story line was terrible. The Characters were anything but Role Models for kids. One other thing you need to know is that at one point in the movie, the characters are all yelling at each other freaking out about what's going on, when one of them yells, "Just Stay in the F***ing Building!". And around the end of the movie, you see the pregnant woman passed out in a room with hundreds of thousands of dead bodies, so overall, not recommended for kids, in fact, don't bother seeing it at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylapras96 July 30, 2011

Chilled

It was like your regular thriller chilling but at the same time awesome to watch
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2011

Worst Sci-Fi Movie: Skyline

Skyline is a pointless movie. It has too much language, violence, and at times is way too predictable too even watch. I was really excited to see this movie and was very disappointed after. The blinding blue light you see too much, and I had a headache after the first 30 minutes. The acting was horrible and was too fake for all of the film. N Nothing is really scary in this movie. The ending was not understandable and they should've actually put it into the movie itself, because if I had seen it in theatres I wouldn't have stayed for the credits. SPOILER ALERT: According to Wikipedia, just before the final credits, The 2 heros: Jarrod and Elaine, get sucked onto an alien ship, and Jarrod turns into a machine. Here comes the confusing part: After the movie cuts to black, Wikipedia says that there is a series of still images that depict Jarrod defending Elaine from shooting blue-light aliens in the ship and then running off with her while the credits play. Skyline: DO NOT WATCH if you are a fan of Sci-Fi
Teen, 17 years old Written bydawtpbwv July 19, 2011

Find another movie

Oh God where to begin? 1st it forgets to introduce the characters and their roles. 2nd the reason they're together is not explained 3rd the aliens prescense is not explained 4th the aliens intentions are not explained nor why they're attacking 5th the characters are stereo typed 6th almost all of them die 7th the survival mode is too short 8th it literally leaves on a cliffhanger like a TV show saying TO BE CONTINUED 9th the trailer of this cr*p is totally not about it. and 10th there is no point to the movie whatsoever
Teen, 15 years old Written byerica921 May 30, 2011

stupid

Dumb movie no ending and no beginning
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoralinefan02062009 May 12, 2011

Effects are good, that's about it

Skyline an alien invasion film, one of my favorite types of movies when it's done right. This however wasn't done right at all, The ending sucked, along with the entire movie. This movie was such a let down with all the boring action and all that. I gave this movie a 2 and not a 1 because of the special effects, AMAZING! This movie I think had potential I was just all wasted. Overall, effects are the only reason to watch this crappy movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2011

Meh

This movie was average to me. One character smokes, and there was an F-bomb, once, but it's for a younger audience. Amazingly, there was almost no blood. Slight violence, i.e. one character drives into a zombie, but it's pretty mild. It had great special effects, but it wasn't en exceptional movie, and the ending left me hanging. a lot. Sometimes that can be good, and they said a little through the credits, but they could've gone a little farther. And, lastly, it moved along much too fast. It won't have your kids falling asleep halfway through, but they failed to explain a few things about it, like, they said there weren't any aliens by the water, but they failed to explain how the heck they figured that out.
Kid, 9 years old April 18, 2011

SKYLINE

its in the the middle
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 5, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for 13+

What to watch out for * Messages: Aliens attack, randomly, out of nowhere, interrupting the lives and plans of several young adults. The humans want to survive, but they have no real idea how. They try to overcome this major challenge, but nothing they do -- and nothing anyone else does -- has any real effect. * Role models: East Coasters Jarrod and Elaine are presented as more admirable than the "soulless" Los Angeles residents, who are generally depicted as liars, cheaters, and not very nice. Jarrod is protective of Elaine, but his attempts to rescue the group usually come to nothing -- and he becomes less trusthworthy later on as events progress. The women usually look to the men for help. * Violence: Scary images of humans being abducted into alien spaceships; black veins begin to appear on human victims, and eyeballs turn white. Lots of gross creature effects, such as slime and brains. Giant aliens grab and "eat" humans. A character attacks an alien brain with an ax. Guns are pulled. Jet planes engage in a dogfight with alien ships, and missiles are fired. A character kills himself in a gas explosion in an effort to take out some of the monsters. Lots of arguing. * Sex: A man and a woman have implied sex in a bathroom at a party; cheating is suggested. At a party, people spy on the neighbors, and there's some implied oral sex. Girls in bikinis are seen near a swimming pool. The hero's girlfriend is pregnant; there's some discussion around this. * Language: Several uses of "s--t," plus "oh my God," "hell," "d**n," "son of a bi*ch," "a*s," and "god*amn.," * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Characters (young adults) drink lots of hard liquor during a birthday party.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycommander720 January 4, 2011

hate it! walked out within 45 min.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2010

Don't wast your time on this movie.

This movie was bad. I did not like it at all. Besides the CGI that was pretty good. About some of my concerns is the intense violence. The violence includes explosions, alien blood, and brains. Peoples brains are pulled out of there sockets used for the aliens. There is not much kissy kissy parts. But in one part people at a party spy on a guy in another room with there telescope. Them another guy comes in to the screen. So I got worried that the guys they were spying on where gay. Language includes the b word the s word h, s, g, d, a, and f. Lets just say there role models are not that good. Most people care about themselves. One character protects another character and her baby. But that didn't pass my role model scale. Thats all folks!
Teen, 17 years old Written byryan@atlantis November 27, 2010

DON'T see this movie. PLEASE.

Skyline was a horrendous mix of bad acting, bad script, and the overwhelming sense that it was trying to be an especially bad Syfy Original Movie. If I can scrounge up one positive thing about this flick is that the effects were quite good for the budget. But no matter how flashy it tried to be, the rest was so atrocious it simply wasn't worth the time. And I have to say the MPAA was wrong to give this film a PG-13; between the unusually gross violence and some implied gay sex, this should have gotten an R rating. I wouldn't want my kid to be able to waltz into a movie like this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzipzipzap November 26, 2010

really bad movie
Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2010

This movie was a waste of time. It had some cool things but it was still boring. The first half got me excited to see what was gonna happen but then it just dropped the ball. I think u should just rent it because there are some cool things. It's fine for 8 or 9+