All member reviews for Sleepless in Seattle

A fairy tale that even teens can enjoy.

Adult Written byThew April 9, 2008

Very charming movie with Relationship themes

The characters are all very charming in a way that only movies can created them. Kids watching this movie should be ready to hear about having sex with a condom (in passing) and the acknowledgment that sex is a goal of dating and marriage. My kids were shocked that the boy was home alone with a girl in his room with the door closed. Sweet movie, but kids should be mature enough to hear discussions of sex and relationships.
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written bySuzanneHamp February 9, 2011

Sweet Romance, but Be Advised!

Meg Ryan and her boyfriend are shown to be Cohabitating. Implies that sex and living together before marriage is A-okay. Another draw back for child viewers and major talking point for teens. This in addition to Tom's reference to "getting laid" and brief bragging about how many women he's slept with.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion January 11, 2009

A Funny and Light-Hearted Comedy for the Family...

SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE is a light-hearted comedy for the family, not surprisingly trans-generational and exceptionally family-friendly. In fact, this is one of the best comedies you can watch with your kids, and it's a chick flick that will appeal to guys too. There are two curse words "d**n" and "s**t". There are also a couple of innuendos as well (Orgasms and condoms are briefly and nongraphically mentioned, and brief reference is made to "getting laid".) That's all I can think of that's objectionable in the film. The acting is great, and kids will appreciate the humor as much as adults. This is a sweet family movie that anyone can enjoy.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS! But fine for teenagers

A great film, but I would not recommend this to kids at all. It is totally not appropriate for anyone under the age of say..14?
Teen, 13 years old Written bythat'swhatshethinks April 15, 2012

Tom Hanks Luvr!

Saw it with my mom, and as a big Tom Hanks fan, a good movie. Some teens may be turned off by the fact that it's not a "current" movie, but I really liked Sleepless, and they should watch it!
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2010

Classic Chick Flick

Great movie kids will love! Two "s" words one go****mn brief sexual references.
Adult Written byforce23 April 9, 2008

Good clean fun

This is Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan at their easy going best. The movie is about finding your one true love, at a time when you need it to happen the most. The movie may be implausible, it may be too lighthearted, but the performances make up for all that. You know how it's going to end up, yet you don't care. The fun is watching to two great actors act and some very good dialoge. If you ever dreamed about what it's like to find true love, this is it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMerlinFan September 6, 2012

Best Romance Movie I've Seen

One of my favorite movies. It's a very happy romantic, and is clean and cute for anyone.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 June 30, 2012

sleepless in seattle is a must see for lovers

this was a good and outsanding movie it was well done and the music is wonderful good choice for a date night movie night
Teen, 14 years old Written bybabalu12 April 10, 2011

Perfect for Anyone-- Kids to Adults!

This movie is so sweet! I love it. The music is amazing and so is the acting. There are a couple of mentions of sex, mostly by the widower's son. A few swear words are present, but nothing outrageous. Aside from that, I think that both adults and kids can enjoy this movie.
Kid, 10 years old June 26, 2009

pretty good

pretty good romance movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 4, 2009

Slow.

Not the worst romance film, but not the best, either.
Adult Written bysbdreamin April 9, 2008

For tender-hearted kids

Kids with the romantic side will enjoy this movie. Call it a 'chick flick' if you will, but it IS all about a guy and a girl that 'belong' together and his son trying to figure out how to hook them up. The conniving is fun, kind of on the lines of Parent Trap. Tom Hanks is in his element. A great movie that the whole family should enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylalalas4 April 9, 2008

I laughed

This movie is really funny for people who like edgy fairy tales.