All member reviews for Sleepover

Not for younger kids, despite its PG rating.

Parent Written byCSM Screen name... February 28, 2014

Ugh. Inappropriate for kids but a terrible movie for teens or adults

I have no clue why anyone would like this movie. From a parent's perspective, it is saying it's fun and cool to go out without parents permission, drive a car without a license (!!), meet a blind date at a bar at 14 years old (!!!!). I know it's "just a movie" and not reality, but these kind of things, plus obsessiing over fititng into teen stereotypes, are the ONLY thing this movie is about. From an adult perspective, the acting is terrible, the characters are one-dimensional, the plot is formulaic. Imagining a kid's perspective, the kids I can imagine liking this movie would be so young that it makes no sense to show them such a teen-themed movie. Reading the other reviews, I must be wrong about this, but I just do not get why anyone would enjoy this movie. Not even Steve Carell or Jane Lynch can save this bad joke.
Teen, 13 years old Written byITickleOstriches February 14, 2012

Well, you forgot...

this is an ok movie. I wached it at a sleepover with a friend. not terribly good, not terribly bad. you guys forgot a cuple parts! i read the review first and was really suprised when some dude TRYED TO SNEAK INTO THE HOUSE AND STARTED TO PLAY WITH THE GIRLS UNDERWEAR. but the girls didnt see.plus, a girl has to get a pair of her crushes underwear and goes into the shower and sees him NUDE. omg
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2012

It's fine

For once, common sense media is wrong with this rating! Iffy for kids 13 and up? REALLY? Well anyway, "Sleepover" is an okay movie without much substance but it's absolutely fine for tweens. There is really no talk about sex, but one character mentions "hooking up" with her older boyfriend. Another girl watches her crush undress while she's hiding behind a shower curtain in his house, and teen boys break into a girls bedroom and start going through her bras. If your kid is a mature ten year old, is movie is fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFakecupcakes July 5, 2014

Why not

Perfect movie for tweens and teens not suggested for people under the age of ten but if your nine or something younger and you really want to watch it i'd probably ask your parents and show a review that says your age this has a great messages in it because at the end girls will know that that beighavour isn't the answer they'll also know what not to order at a club ;)
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2011

Best Movie Ever!

I love this movie. It's a fun, light-toned, enjoyable comedy for tween sleepovers. Has a hint of drama and action along with romance and scenes of friendship. Was suprised that this movie was rated for teens! But would defiently watch this feel-good, laugh-out-loud comedy again for our sleepover. I am eleven and love this movie! Don't watch this unless you are a girl at a sleepover.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStar Trek Fan December 13, 2011

Kind of bad, but it probably won't really do any harm

There's almost no category to put the bad stuff in this movie under. It's just... bad. So, I'm not like some of these people. It's not explicit! It doesn't deserve an R rating (though maybe a PG-13). It's just a movie made for nine and ten year old girl's slumber parties. However, it does have many bad messages: 1. The girls sneak out 2. The main girl order a "Sex on the Beach." 3. The main girl sees a guy naked in his house, then steals his boxers. 4. The movie implies that all that matters is being cool and popular 5. A slightly fat girl is insulted 6. The WORST thing is that when the Mom knows the girls sneaked out, she REWARDS them for it (a terrible message)! But still, if you think your daughter is going to copy this behavior, you have some problems of your own, and you can't blame them on this movie.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2014

Awesome

In this movie kids sneak into a bar. one girl sneaks into a guys house and hides in a shower and seas the guy undressing(off camra) This was a funny movie to see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPreis October 4, 2015
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 September 20, 2011

cmon people its just a movie chill!

why are so many people fussing about this movie? i mean its not bad its actually good okay okay so there may be some lanuage but this is the movie great for all girls any age required ltm =love this movie!
Kid, 4 years old January 17, 2012

Bad things

This is my sister Linea's favrit movie but I just think that its bad and the people do odd things in it and I dont think that the things are good and Mommy would never let me do what they did and she wouldnt let Linea do it either and she is 9.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFabulousMe July 13, 2011

Yes it's horrible - but it's a ten year old's dream movie

This movie has horrible messages. The acting is horrendous. It awfully made. But your ten year old will love it. Actually the only part that bothered me was the end where the main character got rewarded for sneaking out, ordering an alcoholic drink, and sneaking into a guy's house.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHelloKitty925 February 15, 2013

Great for Sleepvers { Well Obviously!!}

Not bad but isn't one of the best chick-flick movies but is certainly everyone's guilty pleasure!
Adult Written byclarence August 4, 2015
Teen, 16 years old Written bytexangirl97 August 20, 2009

i love this movie!

I love this movie! Normally I agree with CSM but this is just crazy. off for 13? I saw this movie when I was really little and I saw a 9 year old there and she loved it! There's nothing wrong with this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazyhorse13 July 3, 2012

Cute Movie

This movie is hilarious! The main plot is that some girls are at a sleepover and a popular girl comes over and asks them to go on a scavenger hunt and the winner sits at the cool table in the high school. The girls have to sneek out but it is funny and cute! 2 scenes with sexual dialogue/contenet. A girl asks if she can have a "sex on the beach" which is a drink. The girls also sneek into the club but nothing really happens. Then one of the girls sees a guy naked but only back is shown(no butt shown) but this because they have to get a pair of boxers from somebodys house. Cute tween movie! 10 and up
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2011

SleepoverHunt

Good movie for a sleepover!!!
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2011

great

i watched this last nigh and loved it.there is one use of the h word and some iolder kid content
Teen, 13 years old Written byrommel101 April 9, 2008

I good flim for tweens.....

Now.....if your 12 and up, you PROBERLY won't like it. If your under, PERFECT! It is all tweens would like to do. Have a good time. I didn't really like this, but i would watch it in a sleepover.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... March 4, 2011

Any girl can watch this movie even i love it and im 25!

Well its a good movie anygirl can watch it No i don't have kids but if i did i would defilenty let them watch this movie its the perfect movie for birthday parites and duh! SleepOvers its more of a movie for a girl than a boy to watch!
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2011

Amazing for Tweens

i loved this movie and i'm 11. it's suspensful, thrilling and girly.