All member reviews for Sleepover

Teen, 16 years old Written bytexangirl97 August 20, 2009

i love this movie!

I love this movie! Normally I agree with CSM but this is just crazy. off for 13? I saw this movie when I was really little and I saw a 9 year old there and she loved it! There's nothing wrong with this movie.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2011

Best Movie Ever!

I love this movie. It's a fun, light-toned, enjoyable comedy for tween sleepovers. Has a hint of drama and action along with romance and scenes of friendship. Was suprised that this movie was rated for teens! But would defiently watch this feel-good, laugh-out-loud comedy again for our sleepover. I am eleven and love this movie! Don't watch this unless you are a girl at a sleepover.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrommel101 April 9, 2008

I good flim for tweens.....

Now.....if your 12 and up, you PROBERLY won't like it. If your under, PERFECT! It is all tweens would like to do. Have a good time. I didn't really like this, but i would watch it in a sleepover.
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

LOVED ITT

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!! great for sleepovers.! i watched it like 15 times already
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2011

MY FAVE MOVIE OF ALL TIME!

best. movie. ever. yeah, so the lead girl steals a guy's boxers. so she orders an alcoholic drink. even kids know about that! I saw this when I was 7 and have probably seen it about 5 times since. its so fun and funny! it really gets inside a girl's life, from boys to girl-drama to just plain having fun. the main character really shows strength in dealing with the mean girl. if you want a good, fun, feel-good, makes-you-want-to-do-it-too movie, then really, WATCH THIS!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2011

OK for mature tweens and teens

Overall, Sleepover isn't a drop dead amazing movie. It was simply OK. The actors weren't that great, and the plot was sort of unrealistic. I would rank Sleepover somewhere between PG and PG-13. the things that really shocked me is that a 14 year old girl sneaks into a club with instructions to get a guy to buy her a drink. This drink just happens to have a racy name, as aforementioned ... Another thing that shocked me is the particular "shower scene". She's seen sneaking into a guy's shower (He's not in it), and this scene implies nudity - only shows neck to the lower back and nothing else- but before he hops in the shower he hears a noise, and goes out of the bathroom - with a towel on- to check it out, where she promptly steals his boxers (note: everything she does is because some girls made a list for her and her friends to follow. after her mother told her not to leave the house) There's one use of the H word and some making out, references to "hooking up", and omigod but no actual cuss words. Another thing is that she's disrespectful to her mother a lot. All in all, it's an OK movie that's fine for mature pre-teens and teens, but not my first pick =)
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhatever99 October 2, 2010

10+; its not that innapropriate.

This movie's good- I watched it when I was 10, and i thought that it was awesome (though that's not what i think now, now it's boring) and i think that all ages can watch it.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2009

NOT for tweens. JUST for teens and above.

I thought this was a great movie. It's all about how these friends have fun during their summer time, competing in order to have the 'lunch spot'. The part about this film that isn't appropriate for younger kids is how the main character has to break into her crush's house to steal his boxers. He was in his shower at the time, so it was kinda weird. And in the end there's some making out. There are NO good role models in this film because the girls break the rules just so that they can have the best lunch spot.
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2011

great

i watched this last nigh and loved it.there is one use of the h word and some iolder kid content
Teen, 15 years old Written bytaaayjuhxd March 26, 2011

I loved it, im 15 and this movie was pretty good to me, the girls have a sleepover and its a list they have to complete before some other girls who are considered popular win.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFabulousMe July 13, 2011

Yes it's horrible - but it's a ten year old's dream movie

This movie has horrible messages. The acting is horrendous. It awfully made. But your ten year old will love it. Actually the only part that bothered me was the end where the main character got rewarded for sneaking out, ordering an alcoholic drink, and sneaking into a guy's house.
Kid, 10 years old August 11, 2010

sleepover

It's pretty good but not the best. It has some drinking and sex stuff but it's not so bad.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2010

cute

bad for 11+. good for 9 and 10 yearolds. I saw it when I was 9 at a b-day party and luved it! dont like it anymore though. and just because the cast is all white doesnt mean its racist. cute movie for kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byCandiceTalks June 14, 2010

HORRIBLE for teens, fine for younger girls..

Horrible, horrible movie. I watched it at a sleepover with my friends and we made fun of it the whole time. The acting is pretty bad, there isn't really a good plot.. I think the younger girls would enjoy it more than teens. Violence - None, a guy wipes out on a skateboard, no blood.. Language - Hardly, the worst is like "hell". Sex - None, except the main character (girl) watches a guy her age undress but no nudity is shown on screen. Drinking, drugs - The main character orders a "Sex On The Beach" at the club but ends up drinking a soda. Overall bad movie, don't waste your time if your a teen. It's great for little girls though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzipzipzap July 14, 2009

great movie

this movie is really funny and great for teenagers. Parents may think that this will make kids want to be like characters in this movie but this movie is just for entertainment
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2011

Amazing for Tweens

i loved this movie and i'm 11. it's suspensful, thrilling and girly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStar Trek Fan December 13, 2011

Kind of bad, but it probably won't really do any harm

There's almost no category to put the bad stuff in this movie under. It's just... bad. So, I'm not like some of these people. It's not explicit! It doesn't deserve an R rating (though maybe a PG-13). It's just a movie made for nine and ten year old girl's slumber parties. However, it does have many bad messages: 1. The girls sneak out 2. The main girl order a "Sex on the Beach." 3. The main girl sees a guy naked in his house, then steals his boxers. 4. The movie implies that all that matters is being cool and popular 5. A slightly fat girl is insulted 6. The WORST thing is that when the Mom knows the girls sneaked out, she REWARDS them for it (a terrible message)! But still, if you think your daughter is going to copy this behavior, you have some problems of your own, and you can't blame them on this movie.
Kid, 4 years old January 17, 2012

Bad things

This is my sister Linea's favrit movie but I just think that its bad and the people do odd things in it and I dont think that the things are good and Mommy would never let me do what they did and she wouldnt let Linea do it either and she is 9.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 November 25, 2011

sleepover this movie

this movie is a fine movie and while its girl freindly its boy frenly too