Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Smallfoot

Fun, feel-good animated musical offers positive messages.

Adult Written byct1104 October 17, 2018

Fun and great messages!

Fun and entertaining movie! But with some great messages I will be talking to my 5yo son about in terms of always asking questions, seeking the truth, being brave in the face of opposition, having integrity and generally thinking for themselves and not being brainwashed by religious, media or government institutions. Oh and being accepting of those that don't live or look like us. Brilliant! A film for these times actually.

Adult Written byAnndreaC3 October 15, 2018

Disrupted with Love

Parent of a 7 year old Written byElliott and Gwen October 13, 2018

good for 5 year olds

not to much violence but ok for 5 years

Adult Written byJF Knight October 8, 2018

Positive Message & Cute

Smallfoot might lack some of the extremely subtle dialogue in other animated films that give the grownups a chuckle, but it was perfect for the kids. I loved the main yeti's commitment to the truth and the team effort that unfolded. The writers also did a very nice job achieving a positive message by resolving the conflict through mutual understanding. Not very intense, nothing scary.. sort of like a combination between Trolls and Monsters, Inc. I also got a kick out of the Danny DeVito character having a mustache similar to his character in The Lorax. Good film. Take the kids, but be aware of a few mildly salty words like suck and crap.

Adult Written byNaveenG October 6, 2018

It's entertaining!

Review of Smallfoot While we were growing we’ve seen so many fictional movies which revolve around aliens and superheroes. All these movies were based on our perception about foreign objects. This movie is about how Yetis look at humans. It’s about how they, out of the fear of humans, create their own world at the top of the mountains where they knew humans couldn’t come because they couldn’t survive there. It is a fiction but has got a lot of realistic day to day things to teach us. First thing that it teaches us elders is about the responsibility towards our families. The Stonekeeper, who is also the leader of the clan, has been able to protect the village from humans for many years. Not only that, he has also been able to create such a mechanism that the village is completely cut-off from humans. Firstly, he made the villagers believe that their mountain was placed on a floating cloud. He also made them create the clouds through steam which they never knew they did. All they knew was that they were feeding the elephants holding the clouds. He made them believe in many such superstitions just to keep them away from danger. His only motive was to be ‘better safe than sorry’. Percy, the human teaches us about integrity. Initially, he was tempted to create fake news about the Yetis with the help of his co-worker Brenda but later when he experienced the truth about them, he stood for them. He could’ve used all the media that he had on his phone to become rich, but he chose to delete them making people believe that the whole ‘Yeti’ thing was a hoax. He also teaches us about taking a stand for our friends. Migo teaches us that the stones (our perceptions and assumptions) are not always right. We always need to dig deeper and find the truth even when it doesn’t look true and a lie is sometimes so evidently true. When the Stonekeeper showed him the visuals of how humans harmed Yetis in the past, it was quite evident to Migo because his first encounter with a human (Percy) too was not too friendly. However, he forced himself not to believe what he saw and continued pursuing the truth. Meechee, Kolka and Gwangi teach us about teamwork and confidentiality. The most important lesson that I personally learnt is from Fleem, the pessimist. The best part is when he is counting the pros and cons before jumping off the cliff when the rest of his friends have already jumped. I hadn’t realized this until I watched it in the movie how important it is to take some major decisions thoughtfully. I personally have made many mistakes in taking hasty decisions. Smallfoot is not just for kids. It has a much deeper meaning and learning even for adults. It teaches us integrity, responsibility, the passion of finding the truth and taking a stand for our friends.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byjkmspencer October 1, 2018

Adult Written byAlemarga2511 October 1, 2018

For litlle kids

I went to see the movie with my children, 2 and 6 year olds, they had a lot of fun and understood it. I enjoyed it to, and that doesn't happen often. It was a great outing with the girls.

Adult Written byStenekens September 29, 2018

A kids movie I actually enjoyed.

And, thinking there isn’t anything really negative about it. Thought it was going down that “ humans are horrible” road like Avatar but ultimately it didn’t end up that way. I really enjoyed it and the music was an added bonus.

Parent of a 5, 11, and 14 year old Written byDamien M. September 29, 2018

Surprisingly good, had a scary bit near the end

The first three quarters of the movie was surprisingly good, our entire family (with one exception) really enjoyed it. That said, three quarters of the way through is a "history lesson" portion that turned out to scare our 5yo to the point he was in tears and asked to be taken out of the theatre. Until that point he really enjoyed it and was laughing lots, but that scene was a bit much. My wife, who stayed with our older kids, said that it continued being a bit scary for about ten more minutes, but it ended well.