Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Smallfoot

Fun, feel-good animated musical offers positive messages.

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byJessica J. July 6, 2019

GREAT MESSAGE gives me HOPE for the world.

The negative reviews on here are written by Christians who believe the bible to be the perfect, literal word of god and are offended that their traditional view points are BUT they're missing the ENTIRE message of the movie!!! My husband is a Pastor and we are very forward thinking and we LOVED this movie! It challenges you to ask questions and to value truth even if it's hard/scary. It shows us that we are get scared of the things we don't understand and often times would rather cling to lies for comfort rather than dive into the depths of uncertainty and wonder. There are definitely big themes in this movie but I think it's important to show our kids so they learn things like we are scared of what we don't understand, that we all need to learn to COMMUNICATE to not be afraid of one another and embrace each others differences rather than to create divisiveness over them. This movie's message needs to be heard now more than ever !!!! The messages may go over kids heads but its still fun and entertaining even if they don't quite get it. WE LOVED IT.

Adult Written byBenjamin2000 June 30, 2019

An instant classic!!!

Don't let the Muslims, Christians or Jews tell you any different. This move will turn children's frowns upside down! The animation is great, the story is great, the music is great and this is definitely an underrated movie. This movie is 100% accurate with how easily people are brainwashed with different religions and such. This movie has wonderful messages and I think the best message of all is.. Leaving the world a better place than how you found it.

Parent Written byImduf June 8, 2019

No point

This was a pretty good movie at the end but a goofy movie with no point in the beginning. Don't waste your time on it. There is movies like Hotel Transylvania or Madagascar. The plot you don't have to dig deep for actually there is nothing to dig for there was NO plot. So go watch something with your kids that is educational or at least interesting.
Adult Written byDdaisy April 30, 2019

Great movie

I thought this was a very funny movie. The illustrations are beautiful. Lots of funny parts. There was a great story line. The one bad thing is that it insulted the 10 commandments and the Christian faith. Overall very enjoyable, and I recommend it. I have watched it 5 times.

Adult Written byVitaminBea March 15, 2019

Toddlers love the music

Bright and fun, lively music, some funny parts. The music keeps smaller kids entertained easily, some brief potty humor. More serious theme about “being true” is meaningful for older kids

Adult Written byElemental cat March 12, 2019

Light and fun, but has a dark side to it

I’m sure all ages will enjoy this movie. While being light hearted and kid friendly, it also has dark parts to it.

Adult Written byLeiaPotter March 9, 2019

Great movie, slight anti-Christian sentiment

This movie was cute and funny, my kids laughed at several parts and the characters are lovable. There is a slight anti-Christian undertone: There is a set of tablets that are the beliefs and rules of their village and are not to be questioned. The characters find out that one stone is wrong and "if one is wrong the could all be wrong". I think if you are taking it at face value though and dont get too lost in that you can enjoy this movie. And children wont pick up on that. Overall a good movie!

Adult Written byTwoDrummers February 26, 2019

Interesting comments on faith

When I first saw this movie, I was very disappointed by the obvious underlying anti-religion message. I came here and read a lot of reviews after having seen it. As I read one after another bashing the anti-religion message I was saying "Yeah! Exactly!" Then I came across some thought provoking reviews by some apparently very devout Christians, and I began to see another view. Yes, this movie has an anti-religion message, but some could argue that Jesus had a very anti-religion message. If you want to see this movie with your children, I would encourage you to read all of the reviews here, especially the longer ones. I won't bother rehashing what has already been said. I would just encourage you to have a discussion with your kids about faith vs. religion.

Parent Written byJon P. February 8, 2019

Parent of a 6 year old Written byTampaJim January 26, 2019

Great family fun.

Charming characters interact with each other in wholesome manner. Fun family movie!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bySehnert January 18, 2019

Integrity

Love the message of this film. Both my kids Age 6 and 8 loved it. It brought up conversation about doing the right thing even when it's tough or costs you something and other conversations about religion and not blindly believing everything you hear but comparing it with the truth of God's word.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byElizabeth B. January 12, 2019
The whole family enjoyed it!

Adult Written bySmallArmyMomma January 2, 2019

Great movie for kids

Cute movie for kids. I read other reviews and was scared to let my kids watch it cause I am very picky when it comes to what I show my kids. But honestly this movie is SAFE for kids to watch. The airplane crash is not scary, the pilot is fine after it. My kids weren’t scared, they actually loved the movie. It teaches kids to know what true and seek after the truth!
Adult Written byFlib1 December 28, 2018

Superb animated movie with a great message

It's been a while since an animated movie made us laugh out loud, but this one managed it regularly, so for that alone it earns itself a positive score in my mind. But further to that, it conveys an excellent message regarding the value of truth and the questioning of long held tradition. I can see how the movie would be deeply uncomfortable for religious parents watching it with their children. Which is great. In all it seems to have taken Carl Sagan's quote, 'But knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable.' and made a movie about it. So, all in all, great message, great animation, great songs and funny. Best kids movie in a while.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byUm e Hashir December 22, 2018

My four years old loves it

I will not go for an in dept review of the movie but I want you guys to know that as a parent, I love it. It's a beautiful movie to watch with your kids. It has a positive message for both parents and children. Difference of perspective and trying to understand each other's is the basic message conveyed by this sweet animated movie.. It has though some display of destruction.. Also the story is a bit complicated for a four years old.. So you are going to have to explain it to her if your little one is as young as mine. But overall my daughter loves it. I asked her what does she think of the movie and she says she loves it. She says it's funny and a little scary. But I wanna watch it again. So that's that. Have fun watching it with your little ones.

Adult Written bymcpulanco December 12, 2018

Parent Written byJessa_Listen December 11, 2018

Small Foot...Big Conspiracy

Small Foot is a cute, feel good kid's movie with an underlying adult message about conspiracy theories ie NWO, social programming and mind control. This review will focus on the adult messages behind the cute cartoons. Migo (friend in Spanish) is a yeti whose life is forever changed when he comes acrosd a plane crash and meets a "small foot" ie human. The yeti world is ruled by an elite ruler who literally wears a cape made of stones with pictures of the ancient rules that dictate every aspect of their life. One of those rules is that Small Foot do not exist. So by speaking out about what he saw, and refusing to lie and take back his experiences, Migo is exiled. Then begins a big adventure... As the movie progresses just who these elite rulers are is unveiled in a masterful scene with Common rapping. The scene includes flashes of NWO symbols (according to conspiracy theories) including triangles, pointing to one eye/Eye of Horus and a the horned yeti look suspiciously like Baphomet. It is revealed that the elite rulers control the population through rules and rituals that serve only to keep the truth from the masses. There are specific words used like waking up (to the truth). The rules are so thoroughly engrained that the yeti just go along and never question...the stupidity of the "sheeplr" is shown by Migo's father, whose job is to wake up the sun every morning. He straps himself on a sling shot and bashes his head against a stone til he goes bald. Migo learns the elite created a world of lies and keep the population in it controlled and complacent. The elite say this is necessary to protect themselves. Migo is then pressured to go along with the lies and participate in the conspiracy; promised a life of comfort if he does so. The battle of the movie about living the lie vs exposing the truth and daring to live on the other side. Its a surprisingly deep message for a kid's movie.

Adult Written byBethWoof December 9, 2018

Enjoyable with a great message

Just saw this with my 6 year old and was very touched by the themes. She really enjoyed the characters and music. There are a lot of reviews on here by offended religious people. It's sad to me that they could watch it and not grasp the truth telling. I was raised in a religious household and pretty much everything in this movie reflects my childhood experience as a curious, questioning, critical thinker up against adults who simply believe what they are told by authority figures and act out of fear instead of love. I very much appreciated the messages of this movie around courage, love and community. I don't think my young child understood those messages as clearly as I did but it is a movie I look forward to watching with her when she is older and using as an example when I talk to her about the danger of organized religion using fear and ignorance to maintain power over the people. I recommend this movie for people who hope their children are able to grasp nuance and stand up to oppression, but I also hope some true believers also watch it and maybe have a small twinkle of intelligent thought about questioning leaders who claim to have all the answers.

Parent Written byDeb M. November 5, 2018

Sweet movie

Adult Written byFrazer Scott October 26, 2018

I went with my kids and they loved it bar the 3 year old who said she was bored and it was sometimes scary. It was funny even for me, my 8 year old said one of the best films ever.