Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Smallfoot

Fun, feel-good animated musical offers positive messages.

Adult Written byBethWoof December 9, 2018

Enjoyable with a great message

Just saw this with my 6 year old and was very touched by the themes. She really enjoyed the characters and music. There are a lot of reviews on here by offended religious people. It's sad to me that they could watch it and not grasp the truth telling. I was raised in a religious household and pretty much everything in this movie reflects my childhood experience as a curious, questioning, critical thinker up against adults who simply believe what they are told by authority figures and act out of fear instead of love. I very much appreciated the messages of this movie around courage, love and community. I don't think my young child understood those messages as clearly as I did but it is a movie I look forward to watching with her when she is older and using as an example when I talk to her about the danger of organized religion using fear and ignorance to maintain power over the people. I recommend this movie for people who hope their children are able to grasp nuance and stand up to oppression, but I also hope some true believers also watch it and maybe have a small twinkle of intelligent thought about questioning leaders who claim to have all the answers.

Parent Written byDeb M. November 5, 2018

Sweet movie

Adult Written byGamer4056 October 18, 2018

Adult Written byct1104 October 17, 2018

Fun and great messages!

Fun and entertaining movie! But with some great messages I will be talking to my 5yo son about in terms of always asking questions, seeking the truth, being brave in the face of opposition, having integrity and generally thinking for themselves and not being brainwashed by religious, media or government institutions. Oh and being accepting of those that don't live or look like us. Brilliant! A film for these times actually.

Adult Written byAnndreaC3 October 15, 2018