All member reviews for Snitch

Fact-based thriller paints harsh picture of drug trade.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMega_Teck February 24, 2013

Snitch

Well , first if the kid that you are taking with you knows about drugs and their stories I don't think you'll have much trouble. 1. Positive Message: Seeing that it shows kids not to take drugs and what's the punishments 2. Violence: Car chases , minor blood and the prisoner getting assulted(rape) 3. Language: Some swear words not much 4.Drugs: The whole story is about drugs 1 more thing , it might be boring and you can loose interest easily
Parent Written byDan G. February 22, 2013

Too much violence and vulgar language for teens or children.

The movie has a good story and upholds a fairly decent set of values. However, there is considerable violence, some of it graphic, guns, a serious beating, profanity, and significant vulgar language.
Parent Written byCarlos54 February 24, 2013

As a father this is the movie I'd LIKE my son to see

In judging suitability I have to think of what teens are exposed to in the real world. Without some "action" and yes I mean bullets flying and people dying on screen most teenage boys won't be interested. You can hope for something else--but this is the fact-presachy movies or with mild comedy themes without sex, action or violence are the most "uncool" movies for teens to see. Dwayne Johnson, as an extremely popular Pro Wrestler and muscle bound actor has the appeal that will get teen boys to listen, as opposed to the reality of preaching by most parents (aging and less than musclebound). He (as well as the two mothers) show the despair and heartache that dealing drugs can do to the entire family. Also his son faces the awful nature of what happens to young guys in prison---Teen boys ARE exposed to drugs early and there may well be peer pressure to deal to fund these habits (despite what you as parents might wish). This movie may help them understand what might happen if they succomb. Without the action/violence and Dwayne Johnson's presence as a tease no self respecting teen would want to see it--with it they might see and some will be deterred from the street life. Also for parents--many uncritically support politicians who are "tough on crime" and like mandatory minimum sentences. This movie graphically shows how these policies act in real life--where the ones that ten to get caught are the young and relatively innocent. Perhaps it will cause some folks to re-evalute their support for such rigid policies.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 3, 2013

14 and up.

this action/adventure movie snitch stars with Dwayne Johnson known as the rock from the wrestling TV shows wwe is his best action movie yet and for many people out there that are a fan of Dwayne Johnson known as the rock his movie will definelty not disappoint you it has enough action to keep the fans entertain and this movie is good enough for your older teens and parents you need to know that this movie snitch has a lot of intense violence filled with lot's of shootings and car crashes there's also some strong language used and some drinking and drugs shown there is a positive message about a father's love knows no bounds, and justice will be served and the role models are that John Matthews is a committed, dedicated father who is aware of his shortcomings and is eager to make up for them. He's willing to put his life on the line to get his son out of jail -- no matter the stakes, no matter the danger. Matthews' son faces many difficult challenges, but his character stays strong.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybobbyray March 5, 2013

Decent

It just has a lot of action and violence. The whole movie is revolved around drugs...The rock is made to snort coke in one scene. The language is limited maybe one f word.Its is a very mature pg 13 movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycodman1004 March 12, 2013

This movie should have been rated R.

First off, in my opinion this movie should have been rated R. A lot of language, kissing and action. This movie was great, had a great message but really was falsely rated at pg-13. Next, correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't even understand the African american gangsters. I have to say it did get a little boring in the middle. For consumerism, this movie showed labels such as Skype and Apple. It had blood, especially the ending. Showed a man sniffing cocaine. A lost of kissing, but nothing physical, I would rate this as a great movie with a good message of sticking by your child, but not by these means. In ending it should have been rated R.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 May 23, 2013

Snitch is thankfully not another full out action movie

I enjoyed Snitch a lot. When I saw the trailer I thought well here is another big explosion gun shots flying everywhere flick. But it actually has a story and a good one as well. I also enjoyed the acting. Overall it exceeded my expectations.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 3, 2013

Execution was bad but it does get props for having its heart in the right place

“Although Dwayne Johnson gives one of his best performances (Even if somebody smaller should’ve played the role) and the movies storyline is inspiring; The movie ultimately isn’t as good as it could’ve been mostly because of the amateur directing, camera shots that aren’t good (too many close ups and use of shaky camera style gets annoying), blatant advertising for apple computers, the pace was very problematic as well as the message wasn’t executed well”.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2013

No Oscar, but a Darn Good Time

First off, the scene where it's implied that the married couple is about to have sex will fly over the heads of the kids I talked about. Now, listen, this movie is decent. I don't think it paints that good a picture of what drugs are and this movie wouldn't happen because most drug gangs wouldn't reveal their location or anything to a newcomer, they'd be more careful. If your kid wants to watch Breaking Bad (an excellent show that I recommend), see how he reacts to this first. 3.5/5.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2014

I was expecting more action, it was OK.

Lots of drug content, but only some language and no sex. Violence isn't that intense, mostly because the main character has no combat experience. But people do die but that's caused most of the time by other people. The movie is about a guy that goes undercover to prove that his son is innocent for a crime of attempting drug distribution. Kids can learn the dangers and wrongs of drug buying and distribution. John is a good role model because he protects his families (it's complicated).