All member reviews for Snow White and the Huntsman

Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2012

Good but violent and dark

This movie was fantastic!!!!! Violence is on of the worst factors. There were lots of desturbing images of the evil queen when she was old and there was one scene where she eats song bird hearts. Sex was minimal. the only things are after the marrage of the evil queen and snow whites father, they are seen in bed together (no nudity) the father then gets on top of her and kisses her neck. she then kills him brutally.in another scene, the prince is trying to suduce snow white on her bed and she then stabs him with a nail. But it was really good ut not for young ones.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2012

Great Movie

this is one of the best movies i have ever seen. I do recomend this for 8 and up, it is great. See my parents don't approve movies before i see them, but this movie is great. A must see. There is violence, but its not like a slasher film with body parts everywhere. It does havea a good message : Never back down and you can furfill you dreams if you fight for them. I have seen many young kids around 5 in there, there is no nudity but a bare back and the woman is coming out of a tub but she covers up with her hands.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

Fantastic movie but only kids 12 and up

This movie is very good, but I would only reccomend it for kids 12 and up. It has mature content and mature concepts. I thought it was great though. But there is a lot of violence in it. Be prepared to see a lot of blood, and other gruesome things in it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! June 15, 2012

Good movie !

The movie was amazing!! I loved it! I totally recommend it.The only thing that might scare the younger children its some of the fighting scenes.It also has a few funny parts that make you giggle.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypocketMAD June 4, 2012

Great movie, neat plot

I saw this with a 9 and 13 year old. They both like it a lot. My 9 year old got a little bored by 1 ½ hours into it. It's a neat Snow White story with the evil queen, 7 dwarfs and prince charming and a handsome huntsman. The violence is all CGI so you don't see any gore or blood per se and no sex at all, just a kiss from the king to the new queen on their wedding night and of course Snow White gets a kiss too but from who? Prince or Huntsman?? There were tons of kids in the theater where I was at toddlers to old people.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisumi April 4, 2015

has a lot of violence

There is graphic scenes with blood.
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2015

Dad took me to see this at age 9 when i had never seen anything violent. I SCREAMED in the movie theater!! But Dad took me to see this to see if I could watch LOTR which was LESS scary. But, I am glad I saw it because after I did Dad started introducing me to violent movies and I have loved them ever since. The movie overall is not that exciting unless you are a nine year old who has NEVER seen one violent thing before!
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2014

Creepy

Very dark storyline and might scare kids under 13
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 17, 2014

Violent heartbreaking tale is too scary for little kids

My rating:PG-13 for violence,sexuality/nudity and scary images
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeautyshopbass April 5, 2014

Good movie, but a little "Ummm, should we change the channel?"

This was a very well made movie. The dwarves were really entertaining. However, some of the deaths or injuries were a little bit interesting. One minor character gets smashed into a spiky piece of wood which is a little scary. The queen is pretty inappropriate. She sucks the life out of people which is super freaky. She also is assumed to be naked at some parts. She goes into this like milk bath. You can't see anything but her back is showing bare. Also, they say some bad words, like "d***", "s***", and "p*****". Other than that, it's really good. Snow White is a great heroine.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2013

Very violent... but good

This was overall a just fine movie, which I did enjoy. It was violent though. Several sword-fighting scenes, the most disturbing is when sharp, pointy tree branches stab through a man's back and are shown going through the front of him. One of the main characters is clearly drunk at the beginning and he is in a fight and stumbles with blurry vision. Good for kids 13 and up.
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2013

Good film!!!

This film is dark yet exciting. Personally I found that this movie was not as scary as the hobbit, most modern movies are violent and just because this one is dark does not mean that it's more violent. There is no nudity, except women's bare back, but this is not extreme. There is no sex scenes, but there are a few gruesome moments, this is why I have recommended 11 and over, anyone this age will be fine to watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ May 24, 2013

Better Than Expected!

My Mom and I saw this movie about six months ago...it was definitely better than expected! There were a few parts that I wish could have been left out, but overall it has a good story. POSITIVE MESSAGE Snow White and the Huntsman teaches that "beauty" is not found physically, but in innocence and purity. Ravenna (the evil stepmother) is obsessed with being pretty and staying young--so much so that she kills for it. Snow White, however, IS pretty, but what really shines is her character. Good message for young girls! POSITIVE ROLE MODEL Snow White is sympathetic and is compassionate. She is willing to sacrifice for others. VIOLENCE I'll admit, this movie is dark and brutal in places. There is a scene where Ravenna eats a bloody bird. Snow White stabs a man in the face with a nail. Ravenna steps into a fire to show her invincibility, and we see her face and neck covered in burns. A few scenes with blood. A main character dies. Other than that, there's some battle scenes, intense but not graphic. SEXUAL CONTENT This is why I give pause for 12-year-olds. There is a scene where Snow White's sleeves are slipping done and we see her bare shoulders. At the beginning, Ravenna and the king are in bed together (no skin shown--it's not even a sex-scene), with some mild innuendo. We see Ravenna's bare back later. Ravenna's brother tries to slip his hand up Snow White's shirt when she is laying down. The Huntsman unexpectedly cuts off part of Snow White's skirt while she is stuck in branches, and when he sees the freaked-out look on her face, he says, "Don't flatter yourself." My biggest beef is when Ravenna is coming out of the bathtub, and she has her hands covering her chest. LANGUAGE "Hell" is used. DRINKING The Huntsman is drunk at the beginning, and occasionally drinks. OVERVIEW Good story, but some of the content I would dub as inappropriate and unnecessary. Not as bad as it could have been, but I think--especially since we all associate Snow White as the young girl who gets lost in the woods and cleans the dwarves' house--that they added content simply to appeal to an older audience, forget the story's roots.
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2013

Its okay.

I've seen this and I'm 12..I think there are defiantly some pretty scary scenes. I mean the queen is simply HORRIBLE she literally squeezes the life out of girls right on camera. Also the swamp/forest thing that she goes into is a little bit scary. Its okay...
Teen, 13 years old Written bywheelwheel January 30, 2013

Not To Violent

This was a great movie, some people say it is to violent for kids. But I disagree, compared to some shows that kids 6+ watch these days I think is is fine for 8+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 1, 2012

ERGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH...WHERE'S THE 0 ON THIS THING!!!!

THIS MOVIE IS SOOOOOOOOOOO BAD I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE IT!!!! I LOVED THE OTHER SNOW WHITE MOVIE "MIRROR MIRROR" AND PEOPLE ARE SAYING THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE GRITTIER VERSION OF SNOW WHITE AND WHATEVER CAUSE THIS MOVIE IS JUST BORING!!!! EVERY SINGLE SCENE IS DUUUUUUUUULLLLLLL, THE ACTION ISN'T GOOD EITHER!!!! THE WHOLE CAST INCLUDING KRISTEN STEWART, CHARLIZE THERON, AND CHRIS HEMOSWERTH SEEMS BORED WITH THIS "MOVIE"!!!! (SPOILER ALERT!) THERE WAS ONE BEAUTIFUL SCENE WITH A FOREST BUT THEN THE FREAKING HORSE GETS SHOT WITH A BOW AND ARROW!!! WHAT THE FREAK!!! THIS MOVIE IS PROBABLY THE MOST PATHETIC MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN AND I DON'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoggyCat November 24, 2012

good movie, but doesn't have the "wow factor"

A very good movie, but there’s something that just doesn't give it that 5 star quality. It is, admittedly, one of the beat retellings of snow white I’ve seen in a long time. I liked the main heroin, and how she was portrayed as a stronger, tougher version of the classic princess. Instead of her jumping around singing about bluebells (which is basically the most interesting character point from most fairy-tail-with-a-twist movies and books) snow white is more action based. I like how the huntsman was played, and the quean was a nice dark version, and her evil felt real, not fake and more funny than scary. The bad points are properly the vast amount of violence (though it’s not all onscreen, some of it is more talk of violence, if you know what I mean) and the occasional scenes of gore. Not much in the way of kissing but there’s the odd few, and one or two sex scenes. I can’t remember any bad language (or at least not much of it), so sorry if there is a lot of it! Although there is hefty amounts of violence and the odd gory moment but I wouldn't give it a 15 and above rating. That’s not to say it's a PG film. I really liked this film, and I would recommend it to quite a lot of people. Just no-one under 12 as when I went to see it at the cinema, there was this sweet little 7 year old girl next to me, who obviously didn't like all the violence. So just bear all that in mind if you have younger children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 November 5, 2012

Unexpected

This movie was not as good as I expected, but it was still fairly good. I was expecting something very different. I thought that Snow White would go on an adventure with the Huntsman and the two of them would kill the queen. It was much different. The ending was less corny than most movies of this variety, but it still could have been better. Although it doesn't have sex/nudity/kissing/flirting, this movie has some pretty intense scenes, and the Huntsman drinks too much.
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2012

Best movie EVER

Definetly not for kids under ten. It is a pretty scary, freaky, and creepy movie. But awesome movie for tweens and teens. Ravenna the evil queen sucks the life out of people. Litterally. She plans to stay young and beautiful forever. And she will kill anything to stay that way. In almost every queen scene she is naked, but covers up mostly. There are dwarves and a huntsman who drink too much. The Dark Army shatters into pieces when slashed. The is a positive message and role model, but definetly not for younger kids.