All member reviews for Snow White and the Huntsman

Violent fairy tale isn't for kids but will attract teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoggyCat November 24, 2012

good movie, but doesn't have the "wow factor"

A very good movie, but there’s something that just doesn't give it that 5 star quality. It is, admittedly, one of the beat retellings of snow white I’ve seen in a long time. I liked the main heroin, and how she was portrayed as a stronger, tougher version of the classic princess. Instead of her jumping around singing about bluebells (which is basically the most interesting character point from most fairy-tail-with-a-twist movies and books) snow white is more action based. I like how the huntsman was played, and the quean was a nice dark version, and her evil felt real, not fake and more funny than scary. The bad points are properly the vast amount of violence (though it’s not all onscreen, some of it is more talk of violence, if you know what I mean) and the occasional scenes of gore. Not much in the way of kissing but there’s the odd few, and one or two sex scenes. I can’t remember any bad language (or at least not much of it), so sorry if there is a lot of it! Although there is hefty amounts of violence and the odd gory moment but I wouldn't give it a 15 and above rating. That’s not to say it's a PG film. I really liked this film, and I would recommend it to quite a lot of people. Just no-one under 12 as when I went to see it at the cinema, there was this sweet little 7 year old girl next to me, who obviously didn't like all the violence. So just bear all that in mind if you have younger children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 November 5, 2012

Unexpected

This movie was not as good as I expected, but it was still fairly good. I was expecting something very different. I thought that Snow White would go on an adventure with the Huntsman and the two of them would kill the queen. It was much different. The ending was less corny than most movies of this variety, but it still could have been better. Although it doesn't have sex/nudity/kissing/flirting, this movie has some pretty intense scenes, and the Huntsman drinks too much.
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2012

Best movie EVER

Definetly not for kids under ten. It is a pretty scary, freaky, and creepy movie. But awesome movie for tweens and teens. Ravenna the evil queen sucks the life out of people. Litterally. She plans to stay young and beautiful forever. And she will kill anything to stay that way. In almost every queen scene she is naked, but covers up mostly. There are dwarves and a huntsman who drink too much. The Dark Army shatters into pieces when slashed. The is a positive message and role model, but definetly not for younger kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCuteNerdyBean23 October 12, 2012

Blech! A Boring Beauty

I saw this at home, luckily, meaning I wasn't tricked into buying a ticket. When I saw it, I tried to keep an open mind, despite the fact that it had Twilight's infamous Kristin Stewart as one of the two title roles. It started out relatively well; both of the child actors for Snow and Will were very good, some of the best actors in the movie, despite the fact that the girl who played Snow White as a girl was rosy and freckled with brown hair and pink lips, nothing like what she is described to be at the beginning. (I can't blame the girl for that; as I said before, she was really good, and I want to see more from her. Instead, I blame the makeup department.) I thought that the art film-esque special effects were a bit cheesy, but whatever, the movie still could have been good. The evil queen was pretty awesome, but her slight overacting and her Riff-Raff/Magenta relationship with her brother made me like her less, especially since, as far as I know, these two didn't have the excuse that they were aliens from another planet where it was okay for brothers and sisters to be lovers. Her backstory was interesting enough, and I would have much rather watched a movie about that than about Kristin Stewart. (Who, to nobody's surprise, again proved that she cannot act.) The Huntsman was pretty good, but why did he have a brogue? Everyone else seemed British or American. I didn't love the dwarves, and there were many strange plot-holes. For example, what was that conveniently-placed horse doing on that beaxh before Snow showed up? Working on it's tan? Why did Ravana's brother, whose name I think is Finn, tell the Huntsman that Ravana couldn't bring his wife back? What happened to the surprisingly interesting scarred women? And why, of all things, is Greta, the girl who Ravana sucked the life out of and turned into an old woman, in the final scene, young and beautiful and peachy-keen, clapping to Snow White's coronation? And what was the point of Will's character other than turning this into another version of Twilight? (Because that's exactly what the world needs... *eyeroll*) If, however, you still want to see this, here's what you should know: The special effects and costumes are beautiful, and the settings are breathtaking, but it tries too hard to be dark. While watching this, my parents and I actually broke out in laughter several times at the cheesiness of the script and acting. We could also point out things that were ripped out of the scripts of other movies and books: Dementors from Harry Potter, a magic forest that seemed a lot like the one from Avatar, the acting ability of Twilight, the list goes on and on... Also, I think Ravana's brother not only acts like Riff-Raff, but also seems to get fashion advice from him... Seriously though, he's creepy, and he looks like Riff-Raff. The huntsman is a widowed alcoholic, the characters swear in frequently, (things like crap and ass if I remember right) tons of slightly graphic violence, disturbing images, nude backs and an attempted rape. All in all, a pretty bad movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 1, 2012

A classic disney fairy tale with an adult twist.

This movie is definetly not for kids it has violence and some partial nudity, theer is one scene that is pretty intense and scary for younger children.
Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman: Dark and AMAZING!

This movie was as great as I thought is was going to be. Its VERY dark, scary and violent. Characters and stabbed in the heart, eye, and in other places. A character sucks the life out of people then locks them up. A character also eats birds hearts. There are also many "jump" scenes. Characters also are in peril in a haunted forest and experience extreme hallucinations. This movie is VERY INTENSE for younger kids, but really good for teens.
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2012

SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN

bloody fantasy is good for teens and tweens
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 13, 2012

SW&TH

Very great visually and action wise, but on story not so much.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 15, 2012

Better than all the others

Not bad
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovied14 August 8, 2012

Huntsman (2012) Snow White

Very entertaining but sometimes slow fun but very forgettable.
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2012

love it

i am nine years old i and i thought it was amazing and a little inapropreat but mostly apropreat
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

so,so

this movie was good if you don't know what to watch and you are really bored... i would say it's not the worst movie in the world but it isn't the best either!!
Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2012

Covered my eyes a little

I'm 12 and i was covering my eyes a bit but not too much. This movie is awesome but also very scary as well. A lot of parts make you cringe. I loved it though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieCritic1415 July 6, 2012

A disappointing movie but okay for children.

For a supposed dark adaptation of a genuinely sweet story tale, this movie really doesn't go much farther than the ends of its pages. The plot is decent, but, it leaves much to be desired and is rather anti climactic. The first half of the movie is dead BORING and won't gather the interest of most teens. I wish I could rate this movie 12 and DOWN because it really doesn't interest a teen crowd. Overall, I think it is fine for young children to see it, but parents, if you're expecting a movie that you will enjoy as well, keep the car keys in a drawer, plop down on the couch, and watch Monsters Inc.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhuntsmen July 4, 2012

Snow white and the huntsmen

I`m only 15 and I really liked it. I would certainly not recommend it for kids under 14 as it is violent, comparing to some of the harry potter movies. In this one you watch someone being tortured right before your eyes rather then in harry potter and the deathly hallows harry just dies of a spell that Voldemort did. Overall I think it is a great movie. Josh
Teen, 15 years old Written byfieldhockey July 1, 2012

Awesome yet sort of violent

This was a great movie! And it had great positive messages (fighting for good, purity, innocence, fair power, loyalty, kindness, nature etc etc!) it was really exciting too, and with good actors. Just there was a lot of violence, but it showed in the movie that it was for a good cause, and that good beauty and kindness prevails. Awesome!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2012

horror

Amazing! Theres not much violence, but there is a lot of knife threat. When there is violence, it is very gory (i.e a girl scratches a boys face with a nail and you see a bloody aftermath, and you see the boy screaming) There is also some scary horror (i.e sucking out souls)
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatilly100 June 29, 2012

SnOw DISAPPOINTING!

This movie was okay, but the ending was just... bleh. **SPOILER ALERT** Snow White was pronounced Queen, but she didn't take the Huntsman to be her King. I thought that was very disappointing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightGaga08 June 23, 2012

Not Your Grandma's Fairy Tale

This modern remake of the classic Disney movie is brilliant. It's dark, a bit scary, fun, and action-packed, not to mention that it has an incredible score. The cinematography is also gorgeous. It has all the makings of an excellent movie. It's. That. Good. A little slow, but very good. Snow White is a heroine for all. All hail the queen!
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

This was only OK, but not great. There was tons of war violence, and the Evil Queen sucked the life out of people. There was a sensuality (I would consider it Brief Sexuality if I was on the MPAA) scene early in the movie. A romance brews. The Huntsman and the Dwarfs drank frequently. This was good and worthwhile, but I've seen much better.