All member reviews for Snow White and the Huntsman

Violent fairy tale isn't for kids but will attract teens.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 15, 2012

Better than all the others

Not bad
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovied14 August 8, 2012

Huntsman (2012) Snow White

Very entertaining but sometimes slow fun but very forgettable.
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2012

love it

i am nine years old i and i thought it was amazing and a little inapropreat but mostly apropreat
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

so,so

this movie was good if you don't know what to watch and you are really bored... i would say it's not the worst movie in the world but it isn't the best either!!
Kid, 9 years old July 23, 2012

No normal fairy tale

It was a great movie but it had a lot of violence. I don't recomend it to kids under 11 as it has violence and scary ideas. I loved the special effects,they were amazing
Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2012

Covered my eyes a little

I'm 12 and i was covering my eyes a bit but not too much. This movie is awesome but also very scary as well. A lot of parts make you cringe. I loved it though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmartkitty July 12, 2012

realy good

I loved it but my mom didn't get it. realy awsome . I recommend it to teens that like Alice in wonderland
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieCritic1415 July 6, 2012

A disappointing movie but okay for children.

For a supposed dark adaptation of a genuinely sweet story tale, this movie really doesn't go much farther than the ends of its pages. The plot is decent, but, it leaves much to be desired and is rather anti climactic. The first half of the movie is dead BORING and won't gather the interest of most teens. I wish I could rate this movie 12 and DOWN because it really doesn't interest a teen crowd. Overall, I think it is fine for young children to see it, but parents, if you're expecting a movie that you will enjoy as well, keep the car keys in a drawer, plop down on the couch, and watch Monsters Inc.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

Fantastic movie but only kids 12 and up

This movie is very good, but I would only reccomend it for kids 12 and up. It has mature content and mature concepts. I thought it was great though. But there is a lot of violence in it. Be prepared to see a lot of blood, and other gruesome things in it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhuntsmen July 4, 2012

Snow white and the huntsmen

I`m only 15 and I really liked it. I would certainly not recommend it for kids under 14 as it is violent, comparing to some of the harry potter movies. In this one you watch someone being tortured right before your eyes rather then in harry potter and the deathly hallows harry just dies of a spell that Voldemort did. Overall I think it is a great movie. Josh
Teen, 15 years old Written byfieldhockey July 1, 2012

Awesome yet sort of violent

This was a great movie! And it had great positive messages (fighting for good, purity, innocence, fair power, loyalty, kindness, nature etc etc!) it was really exciting too, and with good actors. Just there was a lot of violence, but it showed in the movie that it was for a good cause, and that good beauty and kindness prevails. Awesome!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2012

horror

Amazing! Theres not much violence, but there is a lot of knife threat. When there is violence, it is very gory (i.e a girl scratches a boys face with a nail and you see a bloody aftermath, and you see the boy screaming) There is also some scary horror (i.e sucking out souls)
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatilly100 June 29, 2012

SnOw DISAPPOINTING!

This movie was okay, but the ending was just... bleh. **SPOILER ALERT** Snow White was pronounced Queen, but she didn't take the Huntsman to be her King. I thought that was very disappointing.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn June 28, 2012

Miserably dull fairy tale has decent first hour, completely useless second half

Rupert Sanders Snow White and the Huntsman is still collecting large sums of money at the box office, right now, and to me, I really do not think that any of which that it has earned thus far, is deserved. Now, Snow White and the Huntsman attempts to be a much darker, grittier and more violent version of the classic disneyfied children's fairy tale Snow White, and, for the first hour or so, it actually achieves this task rather well. The mood is gloomy, the acting is somber, the action sequences are brutal and quickly edited, and, of course, the performance by Charlize Theron (she was also very good in another one of this years sci-fi blockbusters, Prometheus) as the evil queen, and she actually creates a generally threatening and intimidating character. And than, we proceed to our last half of the movie. Now, to me, in my own honest opinion, the second half of the film was so bad that it erased nearly all of my previously mild enjoyment of the films first hour. The second hard of the film cranks up the campy overacting on Kristen Stewart's part, who, now at this point in the film, suddenly feels the need to challenge all of the people who continually claim that she has absolutely no range of emotion as an actress, most notably in Twilight - and she fails hard. Her screeching and yelling grades harshly on the earlobes. Also, the film gets much, much lighter in tone, and for me, it just ruined the whole thing. once they introduced the seven dwarves, and the feel of suddenly pushing humor into it at the last minute, and than all of it climacting in a awful battle sequence that most certainly wasn't worth the 127 minute wait...well, let's just say that it certainly was a disappointment. Now, considering that this film is Rated PG-13, this is actually a fairly strong Rating, and there are several items of possibly offensive content that may be directed towards parents, so, here we go: There is frequent intense battle sequences and fantasy violence, with many brutal battles, hand-to-hand sword fights, killings and even a briefly attempted rape sequence. Also, there is sensuality, as well, with several shots of the evil queens bare back, which gets more revealing every time we see it. And, really, that is honestly all there is to this film. It is just a very bland, and extremely disappointing adaptation of a classic fairy tale, which only delivers on its promise for the films first hour, than chucks any of that content that I found to be even remotely good, out of the window. Oh well. Not Recommended..
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightGaga08 June 23, 2012

Not Your Grandma's Fairy Tale

This modern remake of the classic Disney movie is brilliant. It's dark, a bit scary, fun, and action-packed, not to mention that it has an incredible score. The cinematography is also gorgeous. It has all the makings of an excellent movie. It's. That. Good. A little slow, but very good. Snow White is a heroine for all. All hail the queen!
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

This was only OK, but not great. There was tons of war violence, and the Evil Queen sucked the life out of people. There was a sensuality (I would consider it Brief Sexuality if I was on the MPAA) scene early in the movie. A romance brews. The Huntsman and the Dwarfs drank frequently. This was good and worthwhile, but I've seen much better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshut.yo.mouth June 22, 2012

you gotta see this one!

it is a freaking amazing movie and you need to drive you butt to the theater and see it now!! or you have a chance of missing out on the time of your life. and i think your life is super dupper boring so it is now a requirement to have your eyeballs see it! and that is all i have to say ... thank you for reading this comment i appreciate it :) ;)
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2012

COOL;-)

Great great great movie! It is not for the faint hearted..... Only the action lovers!!! It's just non stop action and more action and..... Thats about it!!:-)
Teen, 14 years old Written byAmi.xx June 19, 2012

Amazing!

Watched this for my birthday with my friends...we all really loved it. The cast are all amazing (especially the queen). There was quite a lot of fighting but not very bloody or anything. Even though it is a well known story...it was changed around a bit and made intresting and even suprising in a few places. Definatly recommend.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovieguy97 June 18, 2012

Ok and visually stunning.

Needed more dialog and depth but still ok. It is visually stunning.