All member reviews for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Animated classic is enchanting but also scary.

Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011

My favorite princess

This is an amazing movie of girl who is being controlled by her step-mother who has seemed to have killed her father . I love this movie it can really bring a smile to your face when you watch it. A originally story about love and friend-ship.
Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2009

this was the first disney movie ever made! thats why i like this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 5, 2010

a very timeless disney movie

I love this movie. It is very timeless. It is the greatest movie ever made. This is a very good movie. I like it. I highly recommeded it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 10, 2010

Not the best Disney classic but okay

I kinda liked it. It was okay. Snow White was annoying, and her inability to stand up for herself is irritating, but I understand that's how the fairytales were. The dwarves were funny, and who could forget their little mining song? Parents need to know it has some iffy stuff. First, violence might scare litte kids, even though it's outdated. The huntsman almost kills Snow White. There's a scene where Snow White is trapped in the woods and its dark so the animals look scary. Also, there's a sweet kiss. Snow White isn't the best role model, but she isn't horrible. The good is that she's a loving, kind, polite young lady. The bad is that Snow's a steroetypical damsel-in-distress who dreams of being rescued by a cute guy. The witch is the stereotypical evil stepmother. SPOILER She marries Prince Charming after she met him. He saved her life, but she didn't even know him before. With that being said, Snow White is extremely sweet and shows that it's good to be nice to people
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 18, 2010

The First One

To think that the 1000's of animated movies we take for granted nowadays all started with 9 cartoons and a forest setting (7 dwarfs, Snow White & the Queen). It was a joy to watch, Grumpy was always my favorite btw. Its ending is timeless, and if you haven't seen it/seen it recently watch it soon.
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2010

My Rating: B+

This movie is 100% classic and very admiring. Slightly violent. Violent when the Queen sends a huntsman to kill Snow White. Somewhat scary when Snow White runs through the forest to be safe. The Queen looks scary once she makes a potion. Besides this I reccomend everyone can watch it. Probably not meant for boys to watch because they'll probably think it's "icky" and "gross" in the true loves kiss at the end. (I loved mimicking Snow White when she screamed when scared in the forest!)
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 9, 2011

Fairest One Of All

An evil queen becomes jealous when her magic mirror tells her that her beautful stepdaughter Snow White is fairer than her. The queen sends a huntsman to kill a girl, but he orders her to run until she finds the house with seven very funny and loveable dwarfs. This was the first fully animated feature film ever as I'm sure you know. It's still a beautiful classic today. The Queen is a little scary, but never really bothered me. As always the age meter is just a random guess on my part. The best part of the movie isn't the story or even the wonderful songs....the Dwarves themselves are the real stars even more so than Snow White herself. A charming movie that if by some chance you have not seen, you should do so immediately.
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2011

A classic disney movie that will enchant little kids!

Ahh, memories! This is a great classic disney movie which I am sure most 6 year olds and up will enjoy. The reason I put it on for 6 is because there is a scary witch in the movie. Smaller kids might get freaked out. And it is a disney princess movie, so of coure there is going to be at least one kiss and some romantic music.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 September 17, 2010

SOOO SCARY!

I watch horror movies all the time, but I will never forget when I was young and I had the special edition version and was browsing through the bonus features. So, there was this clip and the queen was torturing the princes who wanted to save Snow White. The queen was ripping their guts out and they were screaming. I was yelling and crying and my mom had to come in and turn off the movie. That sure beat any horror movie I have ever seen, gosh.
Parent of a 1 and 2 year old Written bylexington88 February 20, 2010

Doesn't Hold Up in 2010, Classic status is underserved

I recognize that this is considered a classic, and I'm no prude, but I find this movie to be inappropriate for 2 and 3 year olds. Aside from that, I just don't think it is very good. It meanders along at a slow pace and it's basically a series of disconnected scenes from different perspectives. The Queen is creepy and mean, she orders Snow White killed and to have her heart ripped out as evidence. She dies in the end and vultures go to presumably eat her. Snow White herself is a pretty silly character, with an annoying voice - there just isn't much to her. Even the dwarves just aren't that funny. It's time we stopped pretending this is such a classic - it doesn't hold up at all in 2010. Boring, violent, simplistic and sometimes offensive. I think all Disney animated movies have something to object to - but I'll take Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid over this garbage any day.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byChelseaK December 30, 2010

Personally I think it's okay for younger children to watch as long as a parent is with them to explain the mean people to them. My daughter enjoyed it.
Adult Written byHyper-electronic July 1, 2010

Great movie for older children and adults!

When I was a little girl this movie was frightening to me (from about the age of 4 or 5 when I can first remember watching it). I wasn't able to fully appreciate the content of this movie till I was a little over 11 or 12 years old. This movie is definitely fine for older children. As a person who has a deep love for music, and appreciates all kinds, the voice of Snow White and the music in this movie in general could be considered musically educational. You just can't find women who can sing like that anymore. She has a very beautiful, 1930s style singing voice. The movie doesn't necessarily have the most positive message, but hey, it IS a fairy tale. The intent is to entertain and tug at your imagination. Snow White is definitely a positive role model in the aspects that she is innocent, kind, unselfish, caring, and a glass half full kinda gal. I definitely recommend it as a must see for anyone who loves fantasy and fairy tale romance, and music. Always a classic, no matter if it's 1938 or 2080.
Parent Written byCooldee May 4, 2010

Adult Written bysonakshi August 27, 2010

Parent Written bySinfoniarc August 4, 2010

A Timeless Classic With A Scary Villain

First and foremost, Snow White is a product of it's time and that's important to remember when viewing this film. If it's stunning visual effects and strong soundtrack, seek other Disney entertainment. Disney did a phenomenal job of restoring this film for Blu-Ray format, last year, including a 7.1 HD-DTS soundtrack at 48Khz/24-bit. For a movie that was originally mixed for a monaural soundtrack, it sounds great. The movie has many positive attributes including Snow White's selflessness, kindness to others and animals, and a general sweetness and innocence that is easy for a viewer to see. The dwarves show generosity in allowing Snow White to stay with them, even though she sort of invites herself into their house and lives. Having said all of that, the Queen in this film, is one of the most wicked villains Disney has used in one of their full length feature films. The concept of killing Snow White with a hunting knife and putting her heart in a box is fairly creepy and this will scare some children. But the movie also teaches that vanity is bad (as demonstrated by the queen) and not rewarded favorably. As stated earlier, the movie is a product of its time. The animators working on this film were used to drawing Disney shorts with a sort of barnyard-type of humor and this is tame by comparison to many of those shorts. You'll see beer steins around the house of the seven dwarves, but alcohol is not consumed in the movie. Having said that, Snow White (the movie) is loosely based on the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale. Many of their fairy tales were scary and designed to frighten children into obedience or teach valuable life lessons. In regards to this movie, they succeeded. Snow White comes from the typical dysfunctional fairy tale family, having no father or siblings, and an evil step-mother. In today's age in which divorce rates in the US have reached the 50/50 percentage mark, it may be important to convey to your children at some point (if they have a step-mother) that not all step-parents are evil and if appropriate even suggest that the step-parent watch the movie with the children.
Adult Written byWaterNymph March 18, 2011

I can't believe someone had the gall to call this garbage....

This is a classic. Yes, there's a scary villain. What movie doesn't have a freakin' scary villain? Get over it. If you wanna talk about "garbage", let's talk about the inappropriate crap that "Disney" comes out with nowadays.
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byMamaRo August 7, 2010

A classic.

My 3 and a half year old is absolutely delighted by the little animals helping Snow White. Prior to watching this film for the first time, she was generally afraid of "the woods" but she didn't want to skip the scary part in the woods and doesn't seem to have been damaged by watching it. I appreciate that the character of Snow White is not a sex diva like some of the other Barbie-esque Disney princesses of today. She just seems like a kind and pretty adolescent girl. And a helpful but helpless damsel in distress.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGwyneth Alice April 16, 2012

A Disney classic

I've been watching as many Disney movies as I can in chronological order, not only for enjoyment, but to compare, and this movie was of course the first on the list. I could see that this movie had a relatively simple plot, and several scenes designated for comic relief, such as the cleaning house scene and the dwarves' washing up (much too dragged out, in my opinion). The dwarves were primarily there for the comic relief, the evil queen for scare factor, and the prince for romance. While I felt the movie wasn't as focused on the plot at times, it was an excellent movie, and a definite classic. A few scenes will scare children, but everything is happy at the end, which can reassure children that good shall always triumph.
Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2011

A Shiny Movie

A pretty good film. It's not one of my favorites but it's a pretty good movie. I thought three stars would be an appropriate rating. But you should find out yourself!
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2011

snow white at thwe school

it is soi educatinal that my school are doing rold dahl's version foe my whole school so that is my prof and i don't need facts to back it up. it has been a stoy for many, many, many year and has been chaned. it has even been turned into a few films.