All member reviews for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Animated classic is enchanting but also scary.

Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 5, 2010

a very timeless disney movie

I love this movie. It is very timeless. It is the greatest movie ever made. This is a very good movie. I like it. I highly recommeded it.
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011

My favorite princess

This is an amazing movie of girl who is being controlled by her step-mother who has seemed to have killed her father . I love this movie it can really bring a smile to your face when you watch it. A originally story about love and friend-ship.
Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2009

this was the first disney movie ever made! thats why i like this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 10, 2010

Not the best Disney classic but okay

I kinda liked it. It was okay. Snow White was annoying, and her inability to stand up for herself is irritating, but I understand that's how the fairytales were. The dwarves were funny, and who could forget their little mining song? Parents need to know it has some iffy stuff. First, violence might scare litte kids, even though it's outdated. The huntsman almost kills Snow White. There's a scene where Snow White is trapped in the woods and its dark so the animals look scary. Also, there's a sweet kiss. Snow White isn't the best role model, but she isn't horrible. The good is that she's a loving, kind, polite young lady. The bad is that Snow's a steroetypical damsel-in-distress who dreams of being rescued by a cute guy. The witch is the stereotypical evil stepmother. SPOILER She marries Prince Charming after she met him. He saved her life, but she didn't even know him before. With that being said, Snow White is extremely sweet and shows that it's good to be nice to people
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2010

My Rating: B+

This movie is 100% classic and very admiring. Slightly violent. Violent when the Queen sends a huntsman to kill Snow White. Somewhat scary when Snow White runs through the forest to be safe. The Queen looks scary once she makes a potion. Besides this I reccomend everyone can watch it. Probably not meant for boys to watch because they'll probably think it's "icky" and "gross" in the true loves kiss at the end. (I loved mimicking Snow White when she screamed when scared in the forest!)
Parent of a 1 and 2 year old Written bylexington88 February 20, 2010

Doesn't Hold Up in 2010, Classic status is underserved

I recognize that this is considered a classic, and I'm no prude, but I find this movie to be inappropriate for 2 and 3 year olds. Aside from that, I just don't think it is very good. It meanders along at a slow pace and it's basically a series of disconnected scenes from different perspectives. The Queen is creepy and mean, she orders Snow White killed and to have her heart ripped out as evidence. She dies in the end and vultures go to presumably eat her. Snow White herself is a pretty silly character, with an annoying voice - there just isn't much to her. Even the dwarves just aren't that funny. It's time we stopped pretending this is such a classic - it doesn't hold up at all in 2010. Boring, violent, simplistic and sometimes offensive. I think all Disney animated movies have something to object to - but I'll take Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid over this garbage any day.
Parent Written byC_Personality January 13, 2012

Evil vs. Innocence plot is too evil for 3-8 y/o target audience

We just watched this movie with our two daughters, 5 and 2. What a mistake!!! The movie turned dark very quickly, and the "Dark Arts", witchcraft, casting spells, evil and violence were just too much. This movie does not have a "good vs. evil" plot that sometimes makes the presence of dark plot lines work, when good triumphs over evil. The plot of this movie was "evil vs. innocence" where "true love" from a love-at-first-meeting encounter was what triumphed over evil. Although we used freeze picture, mute and fast forward several times, we still ended up with very objectionable content in our daughter's viewing. As a Christian, I don't believe that the witchcraft and evil in this movie is redeeming for any age. I do think that open discussion about the evil elements could be had with kids age 8 to 12. But I don't think that's the target audience of this movie. I suspect, based on the "Disney Princess" marketing, that the target audience is more like 3-8 year-old girls. We considered keeping the movie around until our girls are around 10 and 8 years old, and watching it again with further explanation/discussion about the negative elements, but decided that there were countless other choices for this type of "education" later on. We threw the movie in the trash, as we don't think it's acceptable content for the target audience (3-8 y/o girls) that would end up watching it secondhand.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2011

snow white at thwe school

it is soi educatinal that my school are doing rold dahl's version foe my whole school so that is my prof and i don't need facts to back it up. it has been a stoy for many, many, many year and has been chaned. it has even been turned into a few films.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byChelseaK December 30, 2010

Personally I think it's okay for younger children to watch as long as a parent is with them to explain the mean people to them. My daughter enjoyed it.
Parent Written bySinfoniarc August 4, 2010

A Timeless Classic With A Scary Villain

First and foremost, Snow White is a product of it's time and that's important to remember when viewing this film. If it's stunning visual effects and strong soundtrack, seek other Disney entertainment. Disney did a phenomenal job of restoring this film for Blu-Ray format, last year, including a 7.1 HD-DTS soundtrack at 48Khz/24-bit. For a movie that was originally mixed for a monaural soundtrack, it sounds great. The movie has many positive attributes including Snow White's selflessness, kindness to others and animals, and a general sweetness and innocence that is easy for a viewer to see. The dwarves show generosity in allowing Snow White to stay with them, even though she sort of invites herself into their house and lives. Having said all of that, the Queen in this film, is one of the most wicked villains Disney has used in one of their full length feature films. The concept of killing Snow White with a hunting knife and putting her heart in a box is fairly creepy and this will scare some children. But the movie also teaches that vanity is bad (as demonstrated by the queen) and not rewarded favorably. As stated earlier, the movie is a product of its time. The animators working on this film were used to drawing Disney shorts with a sort of barnyard-type of humor and this is tame by comparison to many of those shorts. You'll see beer steins around the house of the seven dwarves, but alcohol is not consumed in the movie. Having said that, Snow White (the movie) is loosely based on the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale. Many of their fairy tales were scary and designed to frighten children into obedience or teach valuable life lessons. In regards to this movie, they succeeded. Snow White comes from the typical dysfunctional fairy tale family, having no father or siblings, and an evil step-mother. In today's age in which divorce rates in the US have reached the 50/50 percentage mark, it may be important to convey to your children at some point (if they have a step-mother) that not all step-parents are evil and if appropriate even suggest that the step-parent watch the movie with the children.
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2010

SCARY

Okay This movie really freaks me out and im nine . I like it but really scary
Teen, 17 years old Written bypaul334 February 20, 2015

A drunken princess does all the wrong things

Snow white is about a drug addict princess who will do anything for $500. One scene involves her smoking a joint between someone's butt. All around a bad movie, but definitely not for kids
Parent of a 18 year old Written byMuscleMan May 15, 2014

The world's first animated Disney flick.

Should be rated PG for some frightening moments and brief suggestive content.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2014

SCARY

This movie is very scary for children under 8! There is an evil queen who asks people to bring back Snow White's heart!!!!! There are poison apples and a crazy old witch. This is very dark and depressing and has a lot of brutal death in it. It gave everyone I know nightmares!!! NOT RECOMMENDED FOR KIDS UNDER 8!!
Parent Written byanti-violence November 30, 2013

NOT FOR CHILDREN

thanks, Disney, for tying romance into these horrid ''kids'' movies. just disgusting. we rented it, but after the mercenary job, we just turned it off. I mean, they are deliberately trying to plant conditional love & hit men into the lives of our innocent children. Hope frozen isn't like this.
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2013

Parent Written byHannibalPhil April 26, 2013

A true disney classic.

a very beautiful classic film, It brought back good memories. I think two scenes would scare children like the woods scene where snow white runs away, that was creepy as Hell (sorry for my language), like what were they thinking making that scene it would give kids nightmares, but hey it was back then, and definitely were the queen turns into the old women, that was scary, and how she look with her grin on her face like wow, incredible. and the most saddest scene with snow whites funeral, seeing all the dwarfs balling there eyes out, I even balled my eyes out too. In all a true classic.
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2013

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The only bad thing about this movie is Snow White's voice can be annoying. The only thing that you might worry about is the scariness of it. When I was younger, I used to be scared of the part with the trees coming to life, but everything else was fine. The witch is also more creepy I'd say then scary.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy March 20, 2013

Wow.This movie is brilliant,well-excuted,mind blowing,jaw dropping,and out-of-this-world.

I really love this classic Disney film.The plot is creative and well-excuted.This is #6 in my favorite movies list.#5 is The Wizzard of Oz,#4 is Wreck-it Ralph,#3 is The Lorax,#2 is Alpha & Omega,and #1...the movie i'm a fan of the most is....RIO! The graphics in this film are really good.The action is also very good.So overall,this film is very well-excuted and amazing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJesuslover23 January 1, 2013

The beginning of the world's largest media company

For Disney to do this at the beginning, they did it very, very, well. Even though a few scenes might scare little kids, other kids might enjoy this. As far as language is concerned, there is some rude language including "slave" and "shut up". Grumpy also makes some sexist remarks against women. But, i think this movie is very good for its emotional feel.