All teen and kid member reviews for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 5, 2010

a very timeless disney movie

I love this movie. It is very timeless. It is the greatest movie ever made. This is a very good movie. I like it. I highly recommeded it.
Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2009
this was the first disney movie ever made! thats why i like this movie.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2011

snow white at thwe school

it is soi educatinal that my school are doing rold dahl's version foe my whole school so that is my prof and i don't need facts to back it up. it has been a stoy for many, many, many year and has been chaned. it has even been turned into a few films.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 10, 2010

Not the best Disney classic but okay

I kinda liked it. It was okay. Snow White was annoying, and her inability to stand up for herself is irritating, but I understand that's how the fairytales were. The dwarves were funny, and who could forget their little mining song? Parents need to know it has some iffy stuff. First, violence might scare litte kids, even though it's outdated. The huntsman almost kills Snow White. There's a scene where Snow White is trapped in the woods and its dark so the animals look scary. Also, there's a sweet kiss. Snow White isn't the best role model, but she isn't horrible. The good is that she's a loving, kind, polite young lady. The bad is that Snow's a steroetypical damsel-in-distress who dreams of being rescued by a cute guy. The witch is the stereotypical evil stepmother. SPOILER She marries Prince Charming after she met him. He saved her life, but she didn't even know him before. With that being said, Snow White is extremely sweet and shows that it's good to be nice to people
Teen, 16 years old Written byJesuslover23 January 1, 2013

The beginning of the world's largest media company

For Disney to do this at the beginning, they did it very, very, well. Even though a few scenes might scare little kids, other kids might enjoy this. As far as language is concerned, there is some rude language including "slave" and "shut up". Grumpy also makes some sexist remarks against women. But, i think this movie is very good for its emotional feel.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydisneylove April 28, 2015

Classic, yet frightening at times.

SPOILERS BELOW! Snow White is a genuine sweetie who is hated by her stepmother. When she meets her "true love", she falls hard for him. Unknown to her, her wicked stepmother is hatching a plot against her. She seeks refuge in the woods when the evil woman tries to murder her. In the forest, she stays with seven little men who care deeply about her, and Snow White learns the real meaning of friendship. When the queen finally gets to her, and all things seem bleak, the prince is there to save the day. This is a classic, generic plot of a fairy tale. The very first Disney original animated feature film, it teaches children about the power of love. It also teaches kids to be kind to everyone. (Plus, they might get a little cleaning lesson in there! Just whistle while you work!) The only problem that I have with this movie is that the characters are not very dynamic. And the character of the evil stepmother may be too frightening for the kids. Cute, sweet little story but with its dark elements, may be intimidating. 3/5
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2010

My Rating: B+

This movie is 100% classic and very admiring. Slightly violent. Violent when the Queen sends a huntsman to kill Snow White. Somewhat scary when Snow White runs through the forest to be safe. The Queen looks scary once she makes a potion. Besides this I reccomend everyone can watch it. Probably not meant for boys to watch because they'll probably think it's "icky" and "gross" in the true loves kiss at the end. (I loved mimicking Snow White when she screamed when scared in the forest!)
Kid, 8 years old November 3, 2015

Really, Disney?

I Was 4 When I Saw This, And I Was TERRIFIED By The Evil Queen. I Still Remember The EYE PROJECTION I Had While I Was Awake In Bed. I Saw The Evil Queen, And She Screamed, Then I Screamed Back! It's Just Plain Old Terrible. You Really Did This, Disney?
Teen, 15 years old Written byfoxlover14 October 2, 2015

Disney Classic is utter garbage

This is the tale of Snow White, an already mediocre tale. This movie makes it even worse with an annoying, pitchy princess. The characters aren't horribly memorable aside from Dopey and Grumpy who are the best points of the movie. The songs aren't fun, and the movie has aged horribly. The movie is filled with scary moments that ultimately look disturbing and rediculous.
Kid, 9 years old May 10, 2015

best.movie.ever!!!!!!!!

I watched it 4 times in a few days, it's so good! Snow White is the most enchanting thing I have ever seen! It's so inspiring ! I also think that Snow White teaches karma. Snow White is kind to the animals and they're kind back.
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2016

Great for kids but bad role models

A great classic for little ones but Snow White is supposed to be dumb and beautiful, like most protagonists in Disney Princess movies. It has good messages but bad role models (such as Snow) and the huntsman decides not to kill her because she is a pretty little helpless girl. We don't want to be sending this message to our kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyFan-Reliable September 12, 2015

THE CLASSIC THAT STARTED IT ALL! Just watch out for the huntsman

Having just recently watched it, I believe Snow White and The Seven Dwarves does certainly live up to its name as a classic. I completely disagree to all the reviews that considered this garbage. Without this movie to start it all, we wouldn't have all the Disney classics we call the best today. We wouldn't have all the good ones, or even the bad ones, and we should all appreciate this film, no matter how old it is. A few things to note, low level violence, following the Evil Queens orders, Hubert the huntsman almost killed Snow White but at the last second he willingly apologised, knowing that if the queen found him he would certainly die. This scene could frighten your kids at most, but with a bit of talking over it with them , they would at least appreciate that Hubert decided to follow god, and not the queen. Apart from that, Snow White And The Seven Dwarves is just a (charming )film for your kids as they will adore how good a role model Snow White is. I do not believe it is racist as the only moments Disney unknowingly used racism was in Dumbo and Peter Pan. In the ending the Queen ultimately dies after she falls off the cliff, and Snow White wakes up from true loves kiss from Prince Charming. Overall this film deserves recognition as true classic and should be appreciated for how well it was made, keeping in mind how old it is and how difficult it would of been to make, keeping in mind it was released in 1937.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2014

SCARY

This movie is very scary for children under 8! There is an evil queen who asks people to bring back Snow White's heart!!!!! There are poison apples and a crazy old witch. This is very dark and depressing and has a lot of brutal death in it. It gave everyone I know nightmares!!! NOT RECOMMENDED FOR KIDS UNDER 8!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGwyneth Alice April 16, 2012

A Disney classic

I've been watching as many Disney movies as I can in chronological order, not only for enjoyment, but to compare, and this movie was of course the first on the list. I could see that this movie had a relatively simple plot, and several scenes designated for comic relief, such as the cleaning house scene and the dwarves' washing up (much too dragged out, in my opinion). The dwarves were primarily there for the comic relief, the evil queen for scare factor, and the prince for romance. While I felt the movie wasn't as focused on the plot at times, it was an excellent movie, and a definite classic. A few scenes will scare children, but everything is happy at the end, which can reassure children that good shall always triumph.
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2010

SCARY

Okay This movie really freaks me out and im nine . I like it but really scary
Teen, 14 years old Written byangelsmokey124 August 2, 2015
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2013
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2013

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The only bad thing about this movie is Snow White's voice can be annoying. The only thing that you might worry about is the scariness of it. When I was younger, I used to be scared of the part with the trees coming to life, but everything else was fine. The witch is also more creepy I'd say then scary.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJacob Haimovitz November 24, 2012

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Walt Disney's 1st movie

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is walt disney's first movie that is age appropriate for kids 5 and up but too scary for kids 4 and under
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2012

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs

This film sends out a great message that being vain doesn't do you any good.