All member reviews for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Animated classic is enchanting but also scary.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 20, 2012

snow white and the seven dwarfs

Families can talk about how characters like Snow White might be different if they were created today, and what elements of the story make it a classic fairy tale. How is the violence in Snow White different than the violence in other Disney movies? Snow White is a traditional damsel in distress. How have depictions of princesses and heroines changed since 1937? Why is the Queen jealous of Snow White? Why is being beautiful so important to her?
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlekaJ1003 June 27, 2012

Good, But can be Violent

Really great movie. Watch out for violence, though. Sweet! I've just received my free minecraft giftcode! >> Minecraftcodes.info <<
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 13, 2012

Really good!

A Classic. May be scary for kids.
Kid, 6 years old June 4, 2012

snow white

This movie is a kids movie but adults and teens will like it too. It is a really good movie. you should watch it. Everyone has watched this movie or most people.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic June 2, 2012

Great Movie - with some education

Excellent animation. Not very violent, but young kids might find it scary and maybe too intense. Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs succeeds as a film worth watching.
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2012

the beauty of jealousy

gives possitive messages
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 4, 2012

Pretty Scary

It isn't my favorite Disney film, but a classic non the less
Parent Written byMamaC78 November 25, 2011

SCARY for smaller kids.

My 4 year old was VERY afraid of this movie. She does have a tender heart but the scene with the woodsman that the Queen tells to kill her, is RATHER scary and troubling to a small child. My daughter still talks about this. She does NOT want to watch that part. So fast forward was helpful.
Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2011

A Shiny Movie

A pretty good film. It's not one of my favorites but it's a pretty good movie. I thought three stars would be an appropriate rating. But you should find out yourself!
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2011

A classic disney movie that will enchant little kids!

Ahh, memories! This is a great classic disney movie which I am sure most 6 year olds and up will enjoy. The reason I put it on for 6 is because there is a scary witch in the movie. Smaller kids might get freaked out. And it is a disney princess movie, so of coure there is going to be at least one kiss and some romantic music.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 9, 2011

Fairest One Of All

An evil queen becomes jealous when her magic mirror tells her that her beautful stepdaughter Snow White is fairer than her. The queen sends a huntsman to kill a girl, but he orders her to run until she finds the house with seven very funny and loveable dwarfs. This was the first fully animated feature film ever as I'm sure you know. It's still a beautiful classic today. The Queen is a little scary, but never really bothered me. As always the age meter is just a random guess on my part. The best part of the movie isn't the story or even the wonderful songs....the Dwarves themselves are the real stars even more so than Snow White herself. A charming movie that if by some chance you have not seen, you should do so immediately.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 18, 2010

The First One

To think that the 1000's of animated movies we take for granted nowadays all started with 9 cartoons and a forest setting (7 dwarfs, Snow White & the Queen). It was a joy to watch, Grumpy was always my favorite btw. Its ending is timeless, and if you haven't seen it/seen it recently watch it soon.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 September 17, 2010

SOOO SCARY!

I watch horror movies all the time, but I will never forget when I was young and I had the special edition version and was browsing through the bonus features. So, there was this clip and the queen was torturing the princes who wanted to save Snow White. The queen was ripping their guts out and they were screaming. I was yelling and crying and my mom had to come in and turn off the movie. That sure beat any horror movie I have ever seen, gosh.
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byMamaRo August 7, 2010

A classic.

My 3 and a half year old is absolutely delighted by the little animals helping Snow White. Prior to watching this film for the first time, she was generally afraid of "the woods" but she didn't want to skip the scary part in the woods and doesn't seem to have been damaged by watching it. I appreciate that the character of Snow White is not a sex diva like some of the other Barbie-esque Disney princesses of today. She just seems like a kind and pretty adolescent girl. And a helpful but helpless damsel in distress.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byhoysie April 3, 2010

not very nice really, sorry

Teen, 13 years old Written bymushaffa February 13, 2010
i love it too.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 31, 2010
Involving story and characters. Vibrant art. Memorable songs. Set the animation standard for decades to come.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 10, 2009
Outdated in spots, for sure, but this set the standard for animation, and for that it must be respected and embraced.
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2009

NOT FOR LITTLE ONES

Even though your little girl or possibly boy may want to see this mvoie if they are 4 or under DON"T let them. This movie is much to scary and creepy for someone there age so just wait till there 5 it will be age apropreat then.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

great just not totilers

scary and to much romance but it is probably ok for five year olds to watch.