Brutal post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller has big themes.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjbuck3151 July 27, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byamurrayxx January 9, 2015

Cannibalism+Death+Truefacts= You will not sleep

Im 13 years old and this movie was horrific for me. The thing about this movie is that it makes you think. There have been ice ages before and there are most likely going to me more is the future. The worst part was the description of the cannibalism (when the man tells the story) Its very scary to think that its true in some situations people get so hungry they kill innocent people and eat them which has happened before. I have watched lots of scary - horror movies before but for me nothing compared to this. There was so much emotion but so much death (you cant even tell who the main characters in this movie are).
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 July 4, 2014

Decent, though bad ending

Brutal sci-fi film is good up until the last half hour or so. I feel they killed off to many main characters. The film is made relatively well, but there are a few too many twists. Overall it's fine, but nothing great.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 December 5, 2014

Tale of the 99% is creative and violent

Though I have some problems with this movie, it is for sure a great piece of adult (emphasis on adult) dystopian sci-fi drama. Plus its concept is so original: a train carrying the last people on what used to be earth, with the 99% fighting their way to the front? It was a visceral vision accomplished by great direction, and a fine anchoring performance by Chris Evans, shedding his Cap good guy image...his Curtis makes some very questionable decisions, because he's put in that position. There is also some Oscar buzz for Tilda Swinton, who, in true Swinton fashion, portrays a truly bizarre looking character with a Scottish accent, a pension for shifting allegiance to those in power and...false teeth? I'm not sure what the inspiration is, but you can't keep your eyes off her, and a nod is unlikely but certainly warranted!
Parent Written byJR Ohio September 4, 2014

Awful

My husband and I watched this one night looking for a sci fi movie. The scientific premise was pretty shaky, and the movie had a lot of goreand violence, but not above your ordinary R rated flick. Then the movie's last ten minutes arrived, and were horrible. A big secret (I won't spoil it) was revealed and it was done so in a way that made you feel terrible. Some people may have found that the character grew, but the end of the movie just made us ill. I definitely wouldn't recommend for kids.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur January 13, 2015

the R Rated version of Non Stop

I wanted to check this out because I thought the title was pretty rad, this is a really great edge of your seat nonstop action thrill ride, and I thought this was better than the movie Non Stop, and the highlight of snowpiercer is the fight with the ax gang, that shit was crazy lol
Adult Written bymichaelmcgcp. January 3, 2015

Great but dark movie

This movie is amazing but not for everyone. I'm fourteen but this movie was dark for me too. It includes the lower class being shot and treated horribly by everyone else. There are a lot of close head shots (like executing) and also stabbing. At one point a woman is stabbed in the leg but she is a "bad guy" so some may be happy to see this (not gory). The lower class are forced to eat protein blocks which are later revealed to contain bugs. As you may have read a man's punishment for protecting his son was his hand being shoved through a window until frozen and then broken off. Very good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byElysia February 6, 2016

Frankly I was disappointed

The concept of this movie was fascinating; however the execution was poor. Conveying a deep message about the futility of actions and the depravity of humanity, it is by far not a positive movie. There is a lot of fighting and plenty of senseless and graphic violence. It's especially disturbing when a guy's hand is stuck outside the train, frozen, and shattered with a hammer. I would not recommend this to anyone who dislikes violence or needs a happy ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrancei October 28, 2016

Complex look on society

It's kind of violent but usually not brutal.
Kid, 9 years old April 28, 2016

Brilliant and thrilling sci-fi adventure is very violent and brutal with lots of drugs, swearing.

This extremely brutal and bloody sci-fi thriller is brilliant and very entertaining, but again is too much for even older teenagers. This movie is about a man named Curtis, who has been on an iron train name Snowpiercer for 17 years after rich people have saved them from earth after global warning turns the whole world into below freezing, cold, and completely frozen. On the train, there are different sections, the front, the middle, and the back. The front is for rich people and who are royal to the leaders of the train and the front of the train as well, and the back is for poor, homeless people who don't get clean food or water. The train is non-stop, and has been going ever since 2014, and is still running in 2031. Curtis is completely tired of being treated this way, and his mission is to get to the front of the train to the water supply, and to take over the train. He can't get to the friend without his friend, and Namgoong, who is a specialist to help Curtis open the gates to the front. Violence 4/5: Violence in this adventure is very bloody and very brutal. In one very gory scene, characters are murdered by the bad guys with axes, knifes, and guns. Gory wounds and blood splattering, spurting, and pooling. In one scene, a man is impaled. A pregnant woman shoots her class full of kids, and is then stabbed in the neck with a knife. A mans arm is ripped off by a machine. A man is executed with a blood splatter. A woman is brutally beaten. A woman is shoot in the head with a machine gun with gore. Disturbing scenes of children being killed and taken away. A father is murdered, with a gory bullet wound in his head. A man is killed with a brick. A mans arms are put in the frozen snow for 7 minutes, and the break his frozen arm. A scene of bloody torture shows a woman being stabbed. A man is murdered with a hammer in the head. Graphic and gory cuts. A woman is shot many times in the chest. Two men are blown to fits. Main characters die. Disturbing and graphic discussion about eating humans. Language 4/5: Very frequent, strong language includes f--k, s--t, d--k, c--ksucker, and f----t. Drugs and smoking/alcohol 4/5: Characters constantly snort this drug, and it makes them very high. A few scenes show people drinking and snorting meth. Drugs are a big important topic in this movie. Sexual content 0. This movie is nearly outstanding, and it's exciting and brilliant and very entertaining, but very bloody and brutal. My rating:R for intense sequences of brutal graphic violence throughout, drug use, and language.
Adult Written bysarge123 September 21, 2015

Brutal violence, but never gratuitous. Mature 15s+

Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 September 9, 2015

This is an amazing sci-fi thriller with great performances by Chris Evans and Jamie Bell. It was surprisingly very emotional and had a lot of language, the violence is not to bad. If you do not want your kid to hear bad language in this movie but if you are afraid of the violence you have nothing to worry about because the battles are not to violent they just have a little blood.
Teen, 14 years old Written by2jayz May 17, 2015

So glad I watched this!

This movie is great well emotional. The story was fascinating and the actors were really good. Good themes. Violence- 8/10. Brutal violence with some blood and some disturbing talk about cannibalism. Sex- 0-10. None. Language- 7/10. About 30 f-words with some other swear words. Fantastic movie!