All member reviews for Snowpiercer

Teen, 13 years old Written byamurrayxx January 9, 2015

Cannibalism+Death+Truefacts= You will not sleep

Im 13 years old and this movie was horrific for me. The thing about this movie is that it makes you think. There have been ice ages before and there are most likely going to me more is the future. The worst part was the description of the cannibalism (when the man tells the story) Its very scary to think that its true in some situations people get so hungry they kill innocent people and eat them which has happened before. I have watched lots of scary - horror movies before but for me nothing compared to this. There was so much emotion but so much death (you cant even tell who the main characters in this movie are).
Teen, 15 years old Written byPeacewashere November 21, 2014

Hopeless and oppressive but well-made and artistic

There are so many themes her that it's hard to sort all of them out. Themes about survival, morality, freedom and nature. It is a very hopeless movie showing humans as being doomed to dystopian elements in all societies. There are too many other themes here to talk about so I'll move on for a second to talk about the scenery/background/characters surroundings. It's surreal and dreamlike in the best way and incredibly interesting. It's really striking how well this was done and it made it easier to be pulled into the movies world. The violence is constant and pretty bloody but that isn't even really the reason I would say that it is iffy for 15 year olds (I was fine with it, others might not be.) The real issue is that the movie is, in some ways, so incredibly bleak and hopeless. To the extent that that hopelessness goes beyond even what is realistic in my opinion. Is the fight for issues such as equality an uphill battle? yes but is it completely impossible to improve in any way? no. Of course things will never be perfect. There will always be prejudice and class discrimination on some level but the train itself is an example of how it is entirely possible for this issue to be better or worse simply by comparing this world we live in to the one on the screen. This movie would say otherwise. It would tell you that everything is truly hopeless within human society and that there are no right answers. It suggests that every action people take is destructive and that the systems designed to oppress people should not be tampered with or protested for fear of making things worse, and because, it suggests, change is impossible. It is a beautifully and artistically illustrated idea but also a very disturbing (and in my opinion false) one. As much as I disagree with some of the points this movie seems to be making I still admire it's artistic style and the way the points were made. This is definitely deserving of at least four stars, and although I think that the ideas it is pushing are completely wrong, I would say it deserves five stars. This really is a great movie and if you can handle the intensity, hopelessness, and violence it presents then I highly recommend it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjbuck3151 July 27, 2014
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 July 4, 2014

Decent, though bad ending

Brutal sci-fi film is good up until the last half hour or so. I feel they killed off to many main characters. The film is made relatively well, but there are a few too many twists. Overall it's fine, but nothing great.