All member reviews for Soccer Mom

Emily Osment stars in mom-daughter bonding tale.

Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2010

Funny Film

Emily Osment plays the main character while her mom plays her coach
Adult Written byParamayerswift September 17, 2012

Lying, stereotypical 'gay' hairdressers, girl-on-girl kissing and "Vodka Vodka Vodka!" makes for a VERY racy kids' film.

------ Saw this film last weekend with my 11-year-old sister and I must say, I am GENEROUS giving 'Soccer Mom' a 15 Plus rating. Why this was on the family channels is mind-boggling! I am 17 and even I was disturbed. The movie follows Wendy, a single mom whose husband dies and (therefore) daughter acts out. The daughter, Becca is seen pushing a girl down on the ground within the first 10 minutes. (It's OK because the recipient was the snooty, rich girl. What?) Wendy's--very Disney--solution is to dress like her daughter's idol, Lorenzo. Not keep the daughter in therapy, not the talk to her, but lie to her. In the process of this stupid charade, she ends up kissing her best friend girl-on-"girl", chilling at bar, and completely neglecting her other two children. (You see her youngest 7-ish son reading alone while she practices her Italian accent.) But the real Lorenzo is a tummy churner. He is a womanizing, sex-craving, narcissistic boozer who "makes up for it" by coming to Becca's playoffs last-minute...like, right before credits. (Again, what?) Girl looses her father and her mother says forgive the alcoholic who didn’t coach you. Nice. Throw in a cheating ex-husband, a blond b*tch, an "I thought you were gay!" to another character, Lorenzo coming out of the closet via Wendy, and three more gays (disgustingly stereotypical hairdressers), and there you have it! Soccer Mom: a terrible film for kids. I don't mind homosexuality in comedies, but this was exploitation at the best! It was all nasty joke! No education at all. Just "Haha! Look! Gay stuff! Haha! Nose jobs! Haha! Fat sex! Hahaha!" Honestly, I sat there with my mouth ajar for minutes after the film, struck this made the children's cable. Emily Osment is known for her portrayals of the edgy, single-parented jock (Hannah Montana, Dadnapper, The Haunting Hour, and so on) but this was not OK. Not cool, not funny. I want those two hours back for my sister. Just gross. Watch out for Soccer Mom! And watch with them.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytaymomsenfan April 6, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

Gay Away

The gay jokes are too much for this movie. The gay jokes alone push the movie over its edge.
Teen, 14 years old Written byvvfrn November 18, 2008

Parent Written byMike Hunt August 24, 2014

you people are ironic as fuck
Parent of an infant, 8, and 10 year old Written byBensyMom September 18, 2010

Too much bad language, so NOT FOR KIDS!!! Dont let them watch it.
Parent of a 2, 9, 10, 12, and 13 year old Written byTexLex September 11, 2010

Wish they would've left out the adult content

The film would have been better without all the homosexual innuedos, mom on mom kissing, a thinly veiled reference to a foursome and the bar scene. I didn't make a big deal of those things because I didn't want to draw attention to them while watching the movie with my girls (ages 9, 10 & 12). If you're comfortable with your kids being gently introduced the above mentioned things, the movie is bearable. If I had known those things were in there, I would've vetoed the movie. The story and characters were engaging enough, considering the type of movie.
Kid, 9 years old December 29, 2009

Cool

I gave it that because I've never seen it but I want to see this. It seems cool.