All member reviews for Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie

Teen, 14 years old Written bybunsy May 17, 2010

good... for older kids

sonic is retold in this 1999 japanese action film. much action is used when sonic fights the notorious dr ivo robotnik and his evil creations. though normally a very good child to older teen game character, it shows young sara in small clothes, calling words young viewers shouldnt hear. however, sonic shows kindness to all (except eggman) and is a very good role model.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygryro April 9, 2008

Sonic is here!

this action packed adventure is for all ages.
Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2010

YOU KNOW SONIC PULLS THE FINGER IN THIS MOVIE RIGHT? ON 11 PLUS
Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 11, 2009

A decent movie for kids.

I used to watch this movie all the time when I was younger, and I loved it. Now, I think it seems a little cheesy, but still interesting enough. (Parents aren't going to jump up and down at Sonic's defeat of Dr. Robotnik, but kids might.) There is some violence in the movie, but no injury or blood. Good wins out in the end, and while Sonic clearly has flaws, he is an overall positive character.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 4, 2009

Gtreat.

The animation is a bit out-dated, but the cast, fights, and plot of the movie is every bit as good as the games. Reccomended.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Great movie!

This is a really good movie! I watched it since I was 3,4, or 5 I really like it and suppose to be good for kids all ages but what a great movie because the actors did so well on it, and better then Sonic x.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaster_nacho June 30, 2010

Sonic has always been a kids game franchise and tv series. Now its a movie, its not any different. ya the violence is sonic jumping on robots heads. there is some shooting but not to much to worry about. Sonic and Tails are good role models because they try to save the earth and stop Dr. Robotnik. So its on for 5+
Kid, 9 years old April 23, 2010

Awesome!

Best Sonic movie ever!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhypemiitrudog07 September 15, 2011

the game is different than this movie

if you have mainly done the games, think twice before watching this. sonic rudely tells tails to shut up. a girl (who looks like amy as a human) catches a robot looking up her skirt and slaps him after calling him a pervert. there is one scene where sonic and tails almost die. you should probably know there is a nice bit of violence. this movie is different than the games. Also,knuckles says that he never thought tails could "stoop so low" after tails lands on a woman's front side
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 December 17, 2009

Awesome sonic movie for kids!

I used to absolutley LOVE this movie!!! I also am a Sonic fan! Perfect movie for kids! :)
Kid, 8 years old August 16, 2010

One word F - U - U - N - Y !!!

So funny I love it , love it! Sara is funny!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysonic the hedeghog April 9, 2008

sonic the hedeghog

sonic says:i love u gays evr since i was a kid i love the moive

Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2013

not for kids

this movie is not for kids.sonic is seen flipping the bird and about 2 groping scenes.i recommend for pre teens.
Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2013

Great Sonic movie!

Probably one of the most random movies I've ever seen. Their voices are pretty screwed up which is also funny. Metal Sonic gets killed by lava and Sonic actually tries to save him. Dr. Robotnik is trying to get the girl to marry him and he's like 30 years older than her. XP Sonic yells "Shut up, Tails!" and Tails replies "Go to HELL!!!" in a weird way to Sonic. Other than those flaws, this movie is quite entertaining for most Sonic fans.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShelbling13 May 17, 2012

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: THE MOVIE - What parents need to know.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: THE MOVIE is a Japanese anime movie that was released in Japan in 1997 and released in America in 1998 WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW: This movie is extremely edgy for its current rating. Sonic and his friends are always in a fight with Dr. Robotnik and his machines. Guns and other types of weapons are shown being shot at Sonic. Such as; machine guns, big missiles, ect. A lot of adult content is shown is this movie. Things you wouldn't expect from a "Sonic The Hedgehog" type of deal. Here are all of the adult messages that are seen in the uncensored version. In one seen, Dr. Robotnik says to Sarah, "Once I take control of the Land of the Skies, we'll be the only ones left. Then we can live out the rest of our days, married." Then Sarah thinks about what it would be like to marry Dr. Robotnik. We see her and Robotnik, surrounded by little baby-robotniks, but Sarah is shown pregnant and breast feeding a baby. In another scene, Sonic and Tails are fighting Metal Robotnik and when Tails tells Sonic they need to leave, Sonic yells "Hey, Robotnik!" Metal Robotnik turns around and Sonic is seen holding up his middle finger at Metal while Tails just makes childish faces at Metal. In another scene, Sonic is fighting Metal Sonic and they both crash into Dr. Robotniks ship. Metal Sonic's head goes through the bottom surface. Sarah is shown, holding her dress down between her legs and is kicking Metal's head saying, "No! No! No! Don't come near me you pervert!" and at the time, Sonic lands on his crotch in the front of the ship and starts acting like a dork, trying to get rid of the pain. Near the end of the movie, Tails gets shot of the sky in his plane and starts to roll down hill yelling, "Ahhh! Somebody stop me!" A big snowball is formed and crashes into Sarah and Knuckles. Once they crash to the ground, and the mist fades, Knuckles is on the ground, and Tails is shown sitting in Sarah's lap, holding her breasts. Knuckles yells, "Tails! Get off!" Tails jumps off and Sarah holding her breasts looking confused. Then Tails says, "I'm so sorwy!" Knuckles then say, "I'd never thought you'd stoop that low! Overall, Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie is a good/funny movie for the family. Personally, if you're concerned about whether or not you should make this a "Family Movie Night", go to Youtube and type in "Sonic The Hedgehog The Movie FULL" and you can watch the whole movie for free and see if you want to show it for a movie night. In my opinion, the only thing that I hate are the American voices. Sarah's voice is the most annoying to me. Sonic sounds like a cowboy with a nasal infection. Tails sounds like a girl with a clogged throat. Knuckles sounds like the only normal American citizen. Dr. Robotnik sounds Russian at some parts but then fades to an American. Everybody else is ok. If I were to score this movie on a scale from 1 - 10......I'd rate it a 7.9/10. Shelby Atkinson 5/17/12
Teen, 14 years old Written byTrewy Johnson May 20, 2014

Nice

I think It will depend where you live. Because kids in Japan are exposed to stuff like this what can you do, but for America I would say wait for the teens.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2014

Sonic CD retold

A great retelling of Sonic CD which introduces Sonic's foe, Metal Sonic. Many alterations are done including the addition of humans (excluding Robotnik, who has been a staple of the sonic series since the first game), and the story is different in this case where Sonic and his buddy Tails must rush to save Sara and the President from Robotnik's and Metal Robotnik's hands. There is violence and Sara is shown to be seen breastfeeding in a fantasy of Robotnik's, and some potty words are used but it is all around a good experience if you know your child can handle it.
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

silvonadux! YO!

This is an ok anime movie that I watched at least 3 times in my life. I did laugh at some points but tails kinda shouts when he gets ticked at sonic around the beginning (for people who can't stand the "H" word or the sentence "SHUT UP, TAILS!") but there is a fun little story and I just like anime so. . . You can watch this online if you can't find it on DVD.