All member reviews for Spartacus

Thrilling epic is too intense for the youngest.

Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2010
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul April 9, 2008

Can You Say Classic?

An excellent movie that I had know idea what was in it (except for the "I'm Spartacus" line), I first watched "Spartacus" in Latin class as a freshman. It was highly entertaining, and I must say, excellently done. The makers of "Spartacus" carefully censored the sexual situations, which there are maybe two, and nothing is shown that might cause worry. The violence is pretty bloddy for a movie of that time, but wouldn't go past a PG-13 rating nowadays.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bygreat film October 21, 2010
it niceband good for every home too watch and also good for adult
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Fantastic Historical Epic made in the 60's

Teen, 14 years old Written byIsraelite October 12, 2013

Great classic

This is an epic classic. Very intense, combined with action, romance and wit. In my opinion Varinia is a better role model than Spartacus - she is loving, good-natured, humourous yet dignified. There is implied sexuality and some scenes of passionate kissing - as well as bloody battle scenes and implied suicide. For these reasons I recommend it for kids 13 and up, it would be great to watch as a family movie or as a history study.
Parent Written byEnglishMummy December 28, 2011

A classic movie

I am usually pretty confident, with movies from this era, that there will be very little to concern me by way of sex or violence compared to what would be considered (not by me) acceptable in a movie today. It will probably depend on your child but my seven-year-old and nine-year-old girls are used to being around the boys' (12 and 10) video games. They all thoroughly enjoyed this movie, especially the 12-year-old who has been studying the Romans at school, and the rest of them learnt a lot about the Romans, gladiators and slavery.