All member reviews for Speed Racer

Go, See Speed Racer, Go!

Speed Racer was basically a video Game and I love films like that. Pretty good for a family movie. Can't wait for Narnia and Indy 4.
Teen, 14 years old Written byReviewer X1 October 8, 2009

"Makes #4 on my top 10 movies of all time..."

It had more swearing then a PG rated film should. But it was filled with great moments and more color then you can imagine. It was cute and surprisingly deep. I actually cried at the end. But it still had a happy ending. In a lot of ways, its great for kids. If you can, watch it with them.
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

I liked it.

IT WAS AMAZING. IT HAD COOL ACTON. IT WAS FUN AND FUNNY.
Teen, 13 years old Written byclarkkent3000 April 9, 2008

great movie

this was great movie i love all the action.
Kid, 10 years old May 17, 2011

great for kids

oh loved it. good for kids

It was ok... I guess...

The first part was super cheesey but it got a little bit better as the movie went along. Parents be warned: there is a bit of smokeing, the words "S--t" and "A-s" are used multpule times and a little kid flips off an adult that is being mean. There are many confusing scene changes and I don't recromend this movie to people that suffer motion sickness. The actors are great and fit their roles well. Affects are ok, but the whole "real person" in "animated world" is something I don't get. Over all, it's an ok movie and I recromend it for ages 10 and up. Hope this report helps you! -i love dogs
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2010

This film is aimed more at teens

The common sense review says 8+, are they having a laugh?! I watched this when I was 10 and found it scary, was surprised by all the language and there's lots of sexy stuff, too.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

awesome

speed racer was one of the best movies ever there was humor and tons of action i loved it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjosh1422 April 9, 2008

ok

the action scenes were good but most of the movie is boring. little kids will easily get bored. some car crashes and a couple of cuss words is all the parents have to worry about
Teen, 13 years old Written byKryssy January 12, 2009

What started it all

I never really heard of Speed Racer until my mother took my friend and I to the movies to go see it. We weren't to happy, but it was the only thing we could watch. After the movie, we were jumping up and down to the music! It was such a thrill to see the races, and it's very funny too! I'm a big fan of the original series now (my aunt got me the dvds) so it's very understanding to what was going on. Speed fans should see it (what are you waiting for??). I don't think this is so appropriate for young children even though my little cousins liked it. I'm not lying, it can cause a seizure to your little one, but my heart was pumping from all the exicitment. And some parts might be boring, so your kids might doze out. Obviously not boring for older kids.

Best Movie EVER!!!!!! Seriously!

I love this movie so much! I went to see it in theatres and it was awesome! The previews for it definetly didn't show how great the movie really is, so I'm glad I did see it. I has action, comedy, adventure, and really cute guys!
Teen, 13 years old Written byspacechick22 August 20, 2010

Not for kids under 10.

I used to watch to old speed racer cartoons all the time so I'm a HUGE fan. It certainly did the story justice. I love this movie! I did however think it was to violent and had to much language for younger kids. There's a good amount of blood and violence. A man gets his finger eaten of, bloody noses, violent gun fights, etc. Enough uses of A** to make my mom gasp and want put her hands over my seven year old brothers ears. A kid flips the bird and there is one use of s**t. I love the move, but don't recommend it for kids under 10.
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2010

Horrible

i hate this. it is rated PG and the kid FLIPS THE BIRD for pete's sake! That is out of line for a kid's movie! it disgusted me.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 14, 2010

Rip-roaring adaption of the japanese manga cartoon is fun and stylish

Speed Racer was a huge phenomenon in Japan, ranking as one of the most watched manga cartoons ever. It's no suprise someone would jump to make a movie on it, and that's exactly what the Wachowski brothers did. In a nutshell, Speed Racer is a fun and visually attractive film with a great message: Do what you know is right. There is also a great "don't cheat" lecture thrown in. However, this film is best reserved for preteens, and probably should have been a light PG-13. First of all, there are a few sensual glances and a lot of explosions, but the main reason it's a hard PG is because of the language. Characters utter the a-word several times, and God's and Jesus's name are taken in vain a handfull of times. One young character pegs his middle finger, which is definetly not something that should be shown in front of kiddies. Overall though, Speed Racer is a fun and exciting adaption that will be rousing enough for diehards and will attract fans of other genres as well. Due to the obscene hand gesture however, this is best reserved for preteens+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 March 2, 2012

Cheesy Movie

this movie is okay not great or anything just chessy action scenes are good but other than that it was cheesy
Teen, 15 years old Written byCloudIsC00L723 October 20, 2011

Poor remake of classic TV series is non-realistic and overly childish. Harsh language.

Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2011

It was okay. The action and car races were good. I guess I was expecting more
Teen, 15 years old Written bynjames February 19, 2010

Very well composed movie, yet not suitable for kids 10 and under.

I at first didn't want to watch it but when i watched it, it was a good movie, there was mild swearing but it was kept to a minimum which was very good. It had very good messages, and Speed Racer was a very good role model. The only bad part was the flipping off the guy.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymissylynn June 4, 2009

not a very good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomeschooledhippie May 9, 2011

Perfect for kids 9 and up.

Speed Racer as a character is really good and shows a strong moral by not giving in to the bad guy but there is a good dose of violence. The movie is fairly well written by sometimes the flashing lights and crazy races can be dizzying and hard to follow.