All member reviews for Spellbound

Families should see this m-a-r-v-e-l-o-u-s film.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

Fantastic Movie! It really shows you how hard work really pays off!

This is a great movie about a group of kids all in the national spelling-bee. They all study extremly hard and keep working at the words that the need to memorize. It is fun, intense, and really pulls you into a day in the life of each of these smart kids.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2011

Good message for all ages

It may be harder to understand for younger preschoolers, it is a great movie for all ages. Nupur is a great role model, telling kids not to give up. There is also a message to work hard and no matter how bad you did last time, you can always improve.
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written byMrsReb16 February 3, 2010

A movie for the whole family

It was a great movie, .
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 4, 2012

spellbound

that they feel all alone in their school, we see them hold on to this mastery of words eclipsing anything an adult can do as a lifeline, or maybe a flashlight, leading them to their adult selves. Families can talk about how the families in the movie, especially the immigrant families and those at the lower end of the economic spectrum, see the importance of the spelling bee.
Kid, 9 years old February 16, 2011
pretty good movie but the little kids will get a little bored
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2011

Good for everyone!

very good. Anyone can watch it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byElmoRock3113 April 9, 2008

Nice movie

I liked this movie a lot. I thought that the diversity was great. IT wasn't just a whole bunch of rich kids who have a million tutors (well there were some...). I enjoyed how suspenseful it was but no one was getting a head chopped off. It was a great wholesome film. I recommend it!
Adult Written byLibbyP April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo October 12, 2015

Amazing docu teaches kids about spelling

This movie was great. I thought it was acting at first. The kids are so funny! There was no violence, sex, or swearing (unless you you consider "crap" to be a curse word).Overall, a wonderful film. Lots of fun for the whole family!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNLRicci October 26, 2012

Give it a Chance.

Surprisingly engaging and captivating. The work the eight featured participants are willing to work incredibly hard, which is inspiring. It will definitely bore young kids. A mother smokes a cigarette, but no profanity or anything else.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bypradeepika February 8, 2011
Give a real picture of present day life of some students.
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2011

???

I'm on the fence, i've heard it's good, but why is it rated 10+ by common sense while it's G??? That makes no sense to me, but i'd still maybe want to see it
Teen, 13 years old Written byRed Sox April 9, 2008

Suspenseful

Spellbound is a pretty good movie. It is suspensful and can even be exciting. I give it 3 stars.