A popcorn pleasure with heart, soul, and insight.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 6, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written bybdunn98 May 9, 2010

Great movie

this is a really good movie that any kid can see. However i do like the first one the best.
Adult Written by4Spice June 14, 2010

awesome movie

watch this movie 9 and over for violence
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written bylioness57 April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2011

ok for kids

it has not that much action in it. 1&3 were better, although this ones better for kids. it does have breif drug use but its a great movie
Parent of a 12 year old Written byGoodSSJ May 7, 2011

Still An Awesome Movie Like The First

I Love This Movie As Much As The First One.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

Not as good as the reviews

Perfectly pleasant, not objectionable in any way. But the rave reviews show more about our desperation for a watchable kids' movie than for the value of this one.
Adult Written byfranco415 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjubajen April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysedeara April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysharronsrule April 9, 2008

Well done

I was impressed at the amount of action and adventure the producers were able to incorporate without going overboard with adult material. I would actually say this movie is probably o.k. for 10 year olds depending on the child. I'm rather surprised that anyone would suggest it for anyone younger then that. Over all it was a good movie and a great lesson in weighing your priorities and being honest for those old enough to process that message. For those who aren't I think it is reduced to scary action-packed exciting violence (well done action & violence but still the message is lost on the younger audience).
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byBethElgin August 18, 2014
I really enjoyed this but found it too violent for my 9 year old twin boys- they both found the "baddies" scary. my 12 year old daughter fine with it. I think kids 11 and up ok.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 21, 2012

spider man 2

Families can talk about how this sequel compares with the first Spider-Man movie. Is it as exciting? Is it deeper? Why does Peter feel that he can't share his real self with anyone? Why would Peter Parker would want to stop being Spider-Man? How do we know when to give up our dreams for others?
Parent of a 12 year old Written bynchapman June 12, 2009

Too much pain and terror - not comic book violence

I was particularly disturbed by Doc Ock's murder of the medical staff. We see them in real terror and pain - not at all "comic book-style action violence" - more realistic, disturbing, more emotional content that I wanted in action violence that my son was watching. It was just this one scene, but it was pretty intense and disturbing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter June 3, 2015

The best version of spider-man in recent memory

This movie is really really good
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 29, 2014
Adult Written bydklein April 4, 2012

more violent than the first. know your kid.

wow! i was honestly blown away by the sheer brilliance of this sequel. might be the best superhero movie of all time. it's also, however, considerably scarier and more violent than the first one. one character dies when a shard of glass hits her in the eye. a nuclear explosion sends several people to the hospital. a child is trapped inside a burning building before being rescued (so powerful, brought me to tears). doc ock is much scarier than green goblin and goes on intense rampages through the city. but if your kids can handle it. they'll love it as much as i did.
Kid, 9 years old July 15, 2010
i like this movie the best part for me is when dockter octopus atacks Aunt May
Adult Written bytoona April 9, 2008

Much deeper than I thought..

I knew we would like S-2 but I had no idea it would be this "good". We took our 7 year old (even though I was concerned about the violence, we had discussed it prior) and we were both very impressed. The Doc-Oc surgery scene would be the worst in terms of violence but even this, isn't that bad. Spidey and Doc-Oc do a lot of tumbling around and stuff but in the end, it is the Doctor who brings and end to himself. Spidey convinces him to "do the right thing" with words. Great story for kids to see in terms of violence and heroism...there is a difference. I would recommend it to all but the youngest (the loud action would stir up youngsters and they wouldn't get the meaning in the end). Go see this!
Kid, 8 years old August 22, 2016

Can be very intense some romance but very good movie

Spiderman 2 was better than 1 but more intense and more romance.Definitely intense for 8+.