All member reviews for Spider-Man

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 22, 2011

With Great movies comes great reviews for it.

And hopefully this one doesn't fall short! Spiderman is a web-slinging adventure that takes you through the process of Peter Parker's transformation from becoming the average teenager with a crush on the girl next door to the ultimate superhero. Kid's everywhere will love this movie! I especially recomend it to tweens, because some bits and pieces of the film are not for the little ones. Swearing (words like the P word the H word) is in it, and violence between Spidey and the Green Goblin might scare small kids
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011

Great for, well anyone

Wonderful movie that will keep you entertained all the way. Brilliant action and good script make Spidey's first big budget movie worth a watch.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2012

a misunderstood spider-man movie

this is a great example of a misunderstood movie! people think its not good but i think its great, why? because of the ending Green goblin is harry's dad and harry is about to kill spiderman but spiderman leaves this leads to second movie were the saga continues and harry is still hunting down spiderman man with his secret weapon "dockter octopus" but my point is this movie is great with the plot too the green goblin is getting his million dollar job tooken away from his so he wants revenge on the people who turn on him, also spiderman relationship with marry jane harry loves but he didnt tell peter and then he finds out peter and marry jane love eachother this a great example of a movie! and i chose posotive role modles because peter is a science wiz and thats how kidz should have the potencial to be like that today. but this is amisunderstood movie thats all i am trying to say.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2011

I saw this movie when I was 4 years old and loved it

Parents: Grow up and let your kids have an imagination and let them see this innocent, Quirky Peter Parker as he struggles to become a superhero. For those strict parents: 12+ For easy going parents that give their children a little freedom: 7+ One of my childhood movies. I loved playing the video game with my dad. It was an awesome game for its time. 3/5
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 2, 2011

One of the best superhero films.

My rating: PG [borderline with PG-13] for sequences of action violence, some language and a scene of sensuality.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2011

perfect

i love the movie its good

COOOOLLLL!!!!

I was always bumed that all my friend s could watch PG-13 movies and I couldn't, now that i've seen this I know why! 1.Punching,kicking,killing,exsploshins,guns rarely used though,the blood is only in 3 scenes. 2.just a couple swear words like "kick his spider @#$!!!!!" the worst scene is the last scene when the green goblin gets stabed in the chest and starts chouching up blood was so bad my mom wasn't sure i should see it! Ther is one creepy part where the green goplin uses this bomb thing to turn these guys to skeeletons! so just wait until your kids are 12 for them to see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher April 5, 2015

Good but scary

I've grown up watching movies like spider man and ca the first avenger so I am used to watching movies like this but when I re watched this movie, I realized how incredibly scary the villain is. If your child has night mares easily, DO NOT let them watch this movie. There are some explosions and breaking glass but not a lot of blood. There is also abusive attitude by parents to their kids but it's not very serious.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVenom March 29, 2015

great

Not as violent as seems a kissing scene
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams March 24, 2015

SPIDERMAN FTW!

I'm a huge Spider Man fan, and this was a great start. Great action, great graphics, great acting, and everything was perfect in this movie.
Kid, 7 years old September 12, 2014

i think its a little to violent this kind of gave me the creeps

Kid, 9 years old September 11, 2014

AMAZING

I think that any kid 7+ (depending on their maturity) would LOVE it. I myself saw it when I was 5 and was perfectly fine, so 11+ is just wrong.Spider man could not be played by anyone better than Tobey Maguire and though Andrew Garfield is Okay, well those ones wern't the best.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2014

new one is a lot better

Peter in this movie looks like a 34 year old rather than a age 15-17 superhero
Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2014

Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2014

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider...OH, WHATEVER!

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles Spider man is a Really good movie that is appropriate for ages 11 and up. There is violence, punching kicking, throwing, the Green Goblin throws MJ and innocent children down from a tower, occasional bood, Green Goblin gets impelled by his floaty surfy thingy, etc. The sex is that Peter/Spider-Man has a crush on MJ and Peter/Spider-Man and MJ kiss. The language is that they say hell, damn, and a*s.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan July 14, 2014

Spider-Man movie review

Many people acclaim this movie and some even think that this movie is the best superhero movie of all time. I think that "Spider-Man" is kind of overrated. It is a fine movie. There are some elements to the film that are rushed. The origin of story of Peter Parker was amazing. The action was great. The plot itself was kind of slow and generic. There are some parts of the story that were executed brilliantly. Most of the acting was good. Some actors seemed like they didn't know what they were doing. Kirsten Dunst was a very annoying actress in "Spider-Man". Willem Dafoe was the best actor in this picture. Dafoe was incredibly good at playing the Green Goblin in terms of acting style. That being said, I wasn't a huge fan of his character. The character of the Green Goblin seems a little too campy for this kind of movie. The Green Goblin is very underdeveloped and that was one of the biggest complaints I had with "Spider-Man". In my opinion, it could have been improved on many levels. "Spider-Man" is a good movie and people will enjoy it. I don't hate "Spider-Man 1", but I don't love it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBondJamesBond July 4, 2014

The Start Of An Era

this was the first super-hero film with a big budget. directed by Sam Raimi. The problem with the movie, is that it comes off as very dated and cheesy. the only real problem with the movie is some of the sex, Mary Jain almost gets raped in a scene and there are some sexual references (that I honestly don't think younger audiences will understand). There is also a bit of violence, that most kids over the age of 6 will be able to handle. the end has some blood and a man gets stabbed in the balls. overall I think it will be suitable for kids 10 or 11 up. critically, the movie's dazzling speacial effects hold up really well, but some of the dialougue is really cheesy, and the way people act in the movie is kind of over-the-top. overall spider-man gets a (7.4/10.)
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

spider-man first swing on the big scene

spider-man tells the story of a nerd being bitten by a spider and gives him the power of a spider. This is good for for kids and teens but might be too intense for smaller kids including scenes of peter becoming spider-man and norman becoming green goblin.This movie also gives good messages about responsibility.
Kid, 9 years old June 7, 2014

cool appropriate movie

it's really awesome and violence is not much of a issue so let all your kids watch this
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck May 24, 2014

Superhero classic!

This is the first thing that really got me into superheroes. I wasn't even 4 years old when I first saw this movie. Good messages and role models. Hero vs bad guy action and peril. The Lord's name is misused. Great movie!