All member reviews for Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2010

The BEST horse movie on Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spirit is the BEST horse movie I have ever seen!!!!!!! WARNING - This movie is so awesome that it will make you cry! I wish I had the bond with my horse like the one Little Creek had with Spirit. I have watched this movie so many times that I can almost remember every word. When I was about 5, I drew a picture book about Spirit because I loved it so much (a very lame attempt if I do say so myself!) The audio buy Bryan Adams if pretty cool too...
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2010

This movie is great!! the music is awesome!!! ive been watching this my whole life. maybe a little violent for ages 6 and under but its really an awesome movie!!
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2009

a lovely horse film

this film is just lovely. But the vilonce is a bit intense for a rated G. There's lots of threats through gones, and people try to hurt horses. The theme about a brave horse is awsome but i think this is a little intense for a G i think it should have been PG.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAmbrusen February 9, 2014

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron Review

True the horses do not speak much, but what kid really follows long, boring conversations? The horses' actions and expressions convey their thoughts in any language. There is no swearing (due to the limited talk), no sex, and the violence does not include anything gory or bloody. In fact the "violence" was that the horse was mistreated. I saw this movie when I was four. Most of the things that people are worried about really flew over my head, but now re watching it bring tears to my eyes. It really can be a powerful film if you just watch.
Adult Written bySTRIDER9 April 7, 2013

Give this one a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite movies. It has great songs and Spirit is a great role modle for beliving in yourself and willing to take a stand for freedom. Yes some points are very sad but it gets you thinking what if....
Teen, 14 years old Written byccbluebonnet February 8, 2011

I absolutely love this movie! I can't put into words how magnificent this movie is! I was six when I first watched this and at fourteen, I still love it! It just about makes me cry every single time I watch it. If you haven't seen it, then this is a MUST SEE!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byroweena December 29, 2009

VERY VIOLENT!!! NOT suitable for SENSITIVE Children...

i think this movie is far too negative and violent for any child under the age of 8. to be honest - i would have preferred my child to never see this! i really feel that the 3 minutes at the end where the horse escapes and finds freedom does not make all the negative and scary parts worth enduring... a very traumatic film full of animal cruelty, fighting and fire! i fast forwarded many of the really violent scenes but to see people mistreating horses that way and no positive message at all... my daughter cried so many times... this is the first time ive seen her sob uncontrollably in a movie! my husband left cause he just couldnt bare it - he said it was a horrid movie! if you have a sensitive child - dont go there - its just not worth it. if you want to see a horse movie consider dreamer or flicker.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymweissinger July 25, 2009

sensitive -emotional kids beware

My 6 year old is sensitive and cried multiple times watching this movie. If you have a sensitive child just beware that this movie has parts that are sad when the horse is separated from loved ones etc. that can lead sensitive children to tears.
Kid, 9 years old April 19, 2009

Adult Written byTheShaman April 9, 2008

Spirit was very enjoyable

Im a big fan of the Disney Animation Full length films. As the general review stated there is some violence and some abuse tward Spirit.... but the film is very enjoyable for adults, lots of adult themed humor that goes right over the kids heads. The kids can enjoy this film as well, lots of action, some fun scenes. In no way was i ever bored nor did i even look up at the clock to see how much time was left in the film. I have a 2 yr old that watched the entire movie with mommy and daddy, and the entire time she just squeeled "horsey's"!! It was very cute. A must see for the whole family.
Adult Written byjubajen April 9, 2008

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bynichaloush April 19, 2015

such a true tale

its such a good movie tells a lot about life it teaches things other movies over look or choose to ignore, the white man has become to powerful
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byjklickman1 May 1, 2013

Will bring a smile to your child's face

My almost four year old and I just finished watching this movie. He stayed attentive to the movie and didn't get bored. I was worried about it being too scary because of the reviews but he had no trouble with the few minor parts that people may have had an issue with. He finished the movie smiling and jumping up and down.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBooknerd101 December 19, 2012

I still watch it

Yes, this is a kids movie. Yes, I will still watch it. It is that good. It will appeal to kids and to adults. This could be considered a feel good movie.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Really good!

I'm a huge animation fan,but the animation in this film is GREAT! So is the music and the story.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBugie78 July 30, 2012

"Here I am"

Great story, I love Spirit. He is awesome, the singer Bryan Adams makes the movie more into seeing it. I love how they kept it more realistic as in the horses don't talk. Only the narrative, and the humans do. I love how Spirit saves Rain from drowning in a river. And she survies. It a touching story.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byHalHorvath July 24, 2012

One of the Best

This is a really great movie, and less violent than Wall-E (which has a more frightening violence -- since a hero character is violent for no obvious reason) -- here the violence is mostly the US calvary trying to "break" our hero horse (tame him and force him). If you explain how they are trying to "force the horse to let them ride it instead of making friends with it" it goes a long way to removing any scaryness -- 4 yr olds have already experienced that they are sometimes required to do something they don't want to. But here is where this Movie (with a capital M) excels: the native who *befriends* the horse wins its love, respect and friendship. This is a great movie, one that can be watched by any age over 4 (5 and up) and won't disappoint. Your spirit will be lifted.
Adult Written byDissy July 8, 2012

Beautiful to say the least

This is a beautiful tale with stunning animation placed together with (while many) amazing songs from Bryan Adams. In fact i loved the soundtrack for this film so much i eventually had to hunt down and by the official soundtrack on disc. As mentioned in the review none of the horses talk (making the story alot more realistic than other animated animal films) however it reminded me a little of Pingu in a way... (They don't say a word however you somehow know exactly what they are saying) After going through the never ending captures Spirit goes through it's quite a relief to finally see him back where he belongs, even with a new companion in tow.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic May 11, 2012

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron Review

The movie's big action scenes, at times, make you forget you're even watching animation. There's an in-your-face sequence involving a runaway, crashing train that will make you squirm in your seat trying to get out of the way.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 4, 2012

Spirit: Stallion of a GREAT MOVIE!!!

I love animated movies, and this is a great one! The animation, music, and story are all great! This movie may mostly attract fans of U.S. history! There is violence, mostly gunshots, and one horse does get shot! Even though this movie is rated G, I suggest that because of some of the violence, it is ok for kids ages 6 and up. This is a great movie for the whole family!