All member reviews for Spirited Away

Teen, 16 years old Written byxOAnim3Fr3akOx . December 23, 2010

.............

GYAHH! I REVIEWED IT (look down) but i need to add 1 thing.... chihiro is 11 (V_V) ...( i created a new account just to say thiss)
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2010

Creepy, cool, and interesting! :D

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!! It has a really cool storyline and a little spooky, too! I love all the cleverly made charactors, and how they made it more interesting with all the talking frogs and such! Overall, creepy but cool movie!
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2010

Excellent!

This movie is a masterpiece! I love Hayao Miyazaki's work. I watched it when I only seven and I've been loving it ever since! Chihiro is a well-balanced young heroine and the characters are creative & endlessly interesting. There's enough humor & fun fantasy elements for kids while the touch of dark fantasy & intriguing plot will make teens & adults love it too! But like those before me have said; some parts will be frightening too younger children. Be cautious; even if your little brother of sister says that they can take it! ;P
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2010

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it also has the voice of whoever voices Meg in Hercules. Also, don't miss Howl's Moving Castle!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymongofa July 18, 2010

Amazing

I loved this movie, it was very creative. A Miyazaki masterpiece!! There were some tense scenes, but older kids and tweens will be able to handle it.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010

Great movie!!

I love it I saw it when I was 7 their is some violince but none to be that concerned about but some of the scenes with no-face is creepy one of my favorite movies
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2010

Great for Children

This movie was absoulutly fantastic. I saw it when I was about seven and fell in love with it then. The movie does have some scary parts, but nothing to violent or nightmare worthy. I think this is a perfect movie for ages 7 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzipzipzap January 7, 2010

i think this is a creepy kinda movie and when i saw it when i was little i got really really scared and had bad dreams about being turned into a pig
Kid, 9 years old August 27, 2009

rock on miyazaki!! rock on!

This movie is one of my favorite movies. if you liked howls moving castle your going to love this!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byavidcritc April 13, 2009

make sure your kids can handle it.

I think the one word for this movie is culture shock. Ok, that's two words, but whatever. I watched it with my family last night, and it was the first anime movie we'd ever seen. I wouldn't recommend starting with it. I guess id you've seen other japanese movies it isn't so weird, but at the beginning ti was kinda spooky just because we were trying to orient ourselves. By the time Chihiro went up to Yubaba, it had stopped being scary and settled at just bizarre. My nine year old brother had no problem with it, but you should probably check it out before showing it to anyone under ten, as the spirit world is initially very disturbing- red lamps go on everywhere as it gets dark, shadowy spirits start to appear, and chihiro finds her parents, who had been eating at the only restaurant that had had food, were still there eating but had turned into pigs. Afterward, though, you kinda get used to just- well, the culture difference. The light touches are done well (for example, she tries to get a job in a boiler room and is refused, but then a little soot-spider drops the coal it's carrying and she rescues it. The boiler-room man appears to be starting to relent, so all the little soot-spiders pin themselves under their coal), much better than in, say, animal farm (a bizarre little chick that follows the other animals and keeps falling down). I found all the voices to be done pretty well, except, for some reason, chihiro's. The only other spooky thing is No-Face, but all in all, it's a pretty good movie. Just make sure your kids can handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byuytre80 April 9, 2008

.......

After I seen this movie I coudn't get it out of my head for a week. It was very interesting and slightly disturbing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor June 13, 2015

This is best anime film ever but this is very weird film.

This movie have some bloody moments and this film is pretty SCARY and WEIRD.
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2015

Any age is good as long as they don't get creeped out

I LOVE this movie. I first saw it when I was I think 6 and I wasn't scared at all, but one of my friends was scared of it until she was about 10. I loved it. If you have a kid at any age who wants to see this, it is fine as long as they are okay with characters that might be a little creepy, and one slightly gross scene.
Teen, 13 years old Written byg.c.m. April 25, 2015

Scary

I saw this movie when I was 8, it scared me soo much! This movie gave me nightmares! The movie didn't really seem to have a message, it was pretty much senseless to watch it. Would not advise for viewers your than 10!
Kid, 9 years old April 6, 2015

i was scared and i don't like it for me too much violence
Teen, 15 years old Written byLiviLux01 March 5, 2015
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2014

Creepy

This movie scared the pee out of me as a child. It scarred me for life. Older children might enjoy it, but for younger children choose a different Studio Ghibli film, like Ponyo.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytvconnoisseur December 13, 2014

Underrecognized Cult Classic!

Seeing even a few minutes of this masterpiece will make you realize that so much more can be accomplished with animation than you’d think! It may not be in the comedy category, but it’s still got humor! Also, I’d highly recommend this to kids who are into anime, but whose parents are getting sick of it, because this will appeal to both! That’s right, it’s not anime! Oh, and did I mention that despite being in the Disney market, the only, solitary, single thing that Disney has any rights to is the English dub? Yep, so even though the characters’ appearances, and the dialogue aren’t exactly scary, they aren’t irritatingly saccharine, either. Plus, there’s an environmental message that will most likely be picked up by your kids’ subconscious minds, and therefore, be more effective. Everything here’s perfect to the point!
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2014

spirited away

This is my absolute FAVORITE Miyazaki movie, my brother showed it to me once and I loved it! I own the DVD and watch it whenever i get a chance. It's about a girl who's parents turn into pigs and she has to save them, but to save them she has to work for spirits in the spirit world. It's really amazing and the artwork is just extraordinary. there is a bit of drinking and smoking but only lasts for a few seconds.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytidal9334 October 12, 2014