All member reviews for Spirited Away

Teen, 15 years old Written bypeanutbuttergurl6 November 25, 2009

one of my favorite movies

this movie is so incredibly imaginable! i love the adventures the girl goes through to save her parents. all the frinds and bad guys she makes. it's so creative and exiting! i wan to see it again. besides i out this on and it calms my annoying cousins down^^
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2009

Great Movie; Pretty Scary For Tweens And Under

Don't take the fact that this is a cartoon and think that this is not a frightening movie. There are a lot of out-of-the-blue, sudden surprises, plus an extremely important character nearly bleeds to death. On the good side, though, the movie is about a young girl who does anything she can to turn her parents back into humans, since they were turned into pigs in the beginning. (If this was a live action film rather than a cartoon, it would most likely be rated PG-13.)

Miyazaki's Best One Yet.

This is one of the best movies made by Hayao Miyazaki, besides My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke. I reccomend it for 8 and up, but only for the storyline. The frightening images are something that mature seven and six year olds can handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Not good GREAT movie but is a bit scary for younger kids

Maybe a classic movie that is fun and entertaining I was not expecting it to be this good. Even kids my age well like this movie it has a great story and especially the first half and hour are great though the ending was a bit wierd it ends up being a great movie. It might scare some younger kids because of the monsters and ghosts it is a movie that has a great story and is even good for kids my age.
Teen, 13 years old Written byuytre80 April 9, 2008

.......

After I seen this movie I coudn't get it out of my head for a week. It was very interesting and slightly disturbing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

fine movie

i still like howls moveing castle better though

amust see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this movie is the best movie i ever saw it is up there with my favriot animes this one is the king! well enything studio gible makes is the best!
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

A Lovely Movie

This movie was an amazing movie! I love Hayao Miyazaki's movies and I can't wait to watch them all. I think most of this movie isn't that bad, but the part where the paper birds give the dragon a terrible paper cut may be a little iffy because blood is present. Other than that, nothing else to be worried about.
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2011

It is just fine, not scary

I think this movie was great and a heart fulfilling, but on the other side which explains about the way that is just kind of weird. But I am 11 and thought this was a good movie it shows a positive message about the young girl in the story, she's brave, concerning, and best of all an honest child. That's what makes this a good movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

Worthy of an Osc- oh wait.

I saw this movie when I was about 7. It really scared me back then which is why I gave the 10+ rating. Now I LOVE this movie. It is a great example of Japanese culture and has good messages in the end- (SPOILERS FROM HERE ON) Chihiro risking her life for the mud monster, No-face, Haku, and her parents, and No-face turning from a ravenous monster to a loving companion. It is quite violent in some parts, such as Haku internally bleeding after an attack by paper birds, No-face eating the bathers, and the mud monster can be REALLY disturbing. But I loved this movie, along with Miyazaki's other works. As the title states, it was worthy of its Oscar. Just don't let your little kids watch it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byangelabovedemonbelow March 4, 2011

Amazing movie

A very good movie with a strong but stubborn lead. I've loved this movie for years now, and I still find the animation and story line great. It's not one of those movies you could start watching from the middle, and you would probably have to be a bit older to completely understand the plot.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2011

great for practically anyone who won't be creeped out

I love this movie. it is awesome awesome awesome awesome!!!!! It is sort of creepy and weird but it is really really really really really gooooooood! WATCH IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 16, 2011

Too strange for kids.

I didn't really understand the movie, but it was pretty freaky.
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2010

The best movie ever!! :)

I love it!
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2010

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it also has the voice of whoever voices Meg in Hercules. Also, don't miss Howl's Moving Castle!
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2009

great movie!!!!!!

that movie sacred the crap outta me when i was a little kid!!!!! bu now i love this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2009

IFFY for age 8

this movie is good. I watched it when i was 5 and there were some things that i didnt understand and there was some vilonce and lots of peril. I think for the best intrest and age apropreatniss i would wait till your child is atleast 8. But even then i would give it a pause for some vilonce and some parts of the movie may not seem clear, interesting, or fun. So i recomend it for age 8 and up but some 8 year olds wont like it
Teen, 13 years old Written bySelbe November 2, 2009

Wondrous Film; Hail Hayao Miyazaki

On Chihiro's move to a new town, her parents unexpectedly stop to check out a mysterious building. Little do they know that an entirely new realm of spirits lay beyond it. The film is really child-based and is one of Miyazaki's more child-oriented works. Chihiro, the lead, is a strong protagonist who, though scared at points, is able to outsmart evil and help those in need. She accepts a spirit who was looked down upon by others and receives a reward for doing so. There is a scene with BLOOD though, which some parents may not like their children to see. The movie has excellent morals and will keep your child's eyes glued to the screen through the whole thing.