All member reviews for Spirited Away

Teen, 14 years old Written bylaurensb July 1, 2013

Amazing Movie

I think this is one of the best animated movies out there. It has a great storyline, beautiful animation, and a deep meaning to it. Some of the spirits might be a little scary to some kids, but in the end you see that they really aren't that bad. Chihiro (the main character) is very brave, loyal, and kind to her friends and family. She is a great role model for kids. You should definitely see this movie, even just for the animation.
Kid, 9 years old June 30, 2013

One of The Best Movies EVER!!!!!

This Was The 3rd Miyazaki Film I Had Ever Watched And I Was at The Edge of My Seat The Whole Time. This Movie has Breathtaking animation and I Think, Is One of The Best movies EVER Made. It Really Showed What Miyazaki Can Do.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhoneyliz May 29, 2013

Seven year old me regrets seeing this movie

I watched this when I was about... 7 years old. I was so scared. I didn't sleep for weeks. I still have bad memories of sleepless nights and tears because of this movie. I remember distinctively that I watched it at a friend's house, and it was all just very horrifying and scary for young me. I have not rewatched it however, so maybe I would think it less scary today, but then it was my worst nightmare.
Kid, 10 years old May 5, 2013

Awesome movie!

Spirited Away is a great family film from the amazing Miyazaki! There is a bit of blood from paper cuts, and young kids might be scared of the No-Face character, but No-Face turns out good. There is also a mention of sake,(a Japanese beer) but it is not actually shown. Spirited Away is an awesome movie with great characters and a good message.
Teen, 13 years old Written byViceversa March 12, 2013

A little scary for younger kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster March 12, 2013

awesome

this movie is great for kids above 7 because their is 1 a little brutale scene in it but if you're watching naruto are bdz you can realy watch this movie nice graphic too
Teen, 16 years old Written bylala2323 March 11, 2013

the best family animation movie!

this movie is by-far the Best studio ghibli movie. this message is for children under the ages 11& under: if you hate this movie and say that you got "tramatized" then you clearly didn't get the message of the movie. for those of you that posted the comments like " i get nightmares" you have probably seen worse. those pigs probably resemble your brains. you can't process the message correctly in your head so therefore you have no right to post that it gave you night mares. if you hated the movie soo much, why the hell are you wasting your time in posting comments here. there are 5 stars up there for a reason! if you didnt like the movie, THEN RATE IT DOWN! this is for those people who havent seen the movie: it is the best cartoon animation experience, those little punks don't know what a good movie is when they see it. they probably watch bratz on their t.v on sunday mornings.
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2013

Great Movie!!

Spirited Away is an amazing movie that is well put together. It reminds me of Totoro the way it is animated. The movie is basically about a girl and her parents that accidentally wander into a magical land full of spirits and weird creatures. Her parents eat enchanted food so they turn into an animals and she must overpower a evil witch named Yubaba who owns the bath house in order to save her parents. Spirited Away is a great movie and I give it a two thumbs up!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 January 13, 2013

First anime I ever saw!

Kid, 8 years old January 12, 2013

Spirited Away Review

I love this movie!
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2013

My 2nd Favorite Myazaki Movie

Howl's Moving Castle is my 1st favorite.UPDATE Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is my new favorite. Anyway, there's some violence when a dragon gets chased by paper birds. The main character's a brat at first, but she changes. It's definately the strangest animated movie I've ever seen. C.S.M overeacted. My 8 and 9 year old sisters weren't scared at all. It's my 8 year old sister's favorite movie. My 9 year old sister wouldn't have liked it as much without the giant baby. (She loves babies.)
Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2012

This is a great movie!!!

I think this is a fantasy movie! I think this movie is suitable for age 5 and above. Hope you enjoy it!
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2012

One of the Best Animes

It is an amazing movie. No wonder it won an Oscar. There wasn't a dull moment. Common Sense Media is usualy a few years too high. My 8 and 9 year old sisters were not scared at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheYoungSnob August 10, 2012

This is the best anime movie. That. Is a fact.

Coming from the genius mind of acclaimed director and animator Hayao Miyazaki comes the anime movie of the century. An simply breathtaking story featuring a strong female as the lead role. One thing I love about this movie is the fact that the lead role starts off as an ordinary, relate-able girl. This is a pretty good aspect, since your young teenagers will be able to relate to a girl like this. However, as the film progresses Chihiro (the lead role) develops from just a simple, ordinary girl, to much more than that. She becomes a strong, brave role model, one that kids and teens should be encouraged to look up to. Her acts of chivalry and braveness are admirable, and yet she still has to face the challenge of learning to overcome fears and work hard. Spirited away teaches the lessons that standing up for yourself and working hard can get you out of any situation. Yes, even an enchanted, magical Japanese world. Which is another aspect of the film! Hayao Miyazaki perfectly and stupendously presents a weird, strange kind of world which will delight and intrigue every kid. I guess one could argue that some of the characters, such as Yubaba, the witch, and No-Face could be slightly frightening to kids, so maybe caution a little? No need to fuss much, though, because Spirited away is a stupendous movie with positive messages that your kid will definitely enjoy! Give it a try, you won't regret it!
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2012

WATCH THIS. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. (And for people who love cliffhangers; CLIFFHANGER at the end!)

THIS. MOVIE. IS AWESOME! Chihiro is a great role model, and is like a lot of ten year old girls in the Beggining. Lazy. Sure, when Haku (the dragon) is bleeding, or when no face is throwing up, it may scare younger viewers. I watch Beggining to end when I was 6. This has to be Miyazaki's masterpiece. But, the end is soooo sad. It's a cliffhanger. Oh, the irony. That always happens when you love a movie. And..... CHIHIRO+HAKU FOREVER!!! :) I support young love!
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2012

Depressing but good

The main character girl goes to a lot of trouble to save her parents and that is touching, i am twelve my little sister loves this movie! I really dont know why but i find the movie depressing and sad but good.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2012

This is one of the reasons I love Studio Ghibli.

My neighbor and I had a Ghibli double-feature time. I have Ponyo, she has Spirited away. And spirited away is awesome! It might scare little kids, but in a bizarre kind of way.
Kid, 9 years old June 17, 2012

Moi Momo Natsu

I ment to give it five stars but my computer won't let me but it is my favorite movie!
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2012

Good movie, but HORRIBLE cliff hanger

I think the movie was beautiful, but they left you wanting more.
Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2012

i liked it

i liked spirited away, it teaches you values. i also liked some of the characters and ot had a good plot but some times i didn't know what was happening but maybe that was because i watched it when i was more little. but most 7 year olds and under will get bored and maybe sometimes it does get boring but like i said a was more little when i watched it.